Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing double internal doors from solid to glass panelled

Options
  • 15-10-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been quoted €1250 supply and fitted. Is this good value?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seems expensive. What kind of material are the doors? A standard door with a chipboard core you'd expect to cost €250-€300 incl VAT.

So that's €500-€600 for doors. €600 to fit into an existing door frame seems a bit excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

seamus wrote: »
    Seems expensive. What kind of material are the doors? A standard door with a chipboard core you'd expect to cost €250-€300 incl VAT.

So that's €500-€600 for doors. €600 to fit into an existing door frame seems a bit excessive.

And that's a cash price! however I think we'd be changing the frames, saddleboards etc also and probably the way they open. See the image attached. For the doors to be changed and the new style of door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Does sound a little bit pricey can you source the doors yourself and then just see what you are looking at for labor?

You should probably considering putting in a few more lights while you are at aswell! :D:pac:

I note that looks like a brand new kitchen are you asking the kitchen guys to do it? contractors will always try make money on variations/add ons. Maybe just leave it and get it done separately by someone else? definitely will save you a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Doop wrote: »
    Does sound a little bit pricey can you source the doors yourself and then just see what you are looking at for labor?

You should probably considering putting in a few more lights while you are at aswell! :D:pac:

I note that looks like a brand new kitchen are you asking the kitchen guys to do it? contractors will always try make money on variations/add ons. Maybe just leave it and get it done separately by someone else? definitely will save you a few bob.

The lights are a huge success :D
    It's the carpenter who fitted the other doors which I sourced. He said he could do me a better price. Think i'll look elsewhere. Thanks for the advice

Advertisement