Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 1 Tax Status After Changing Jobs

• 15-10-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for some advice - my husband earns 33,000 and switched to a new employer in August. He submitted his P45 in advance of the first pay run and wasn't emergency taxed, however his first salary was for 6 weeks so it wasn't that clear what his monthly take home would be until he got paid on Friday gone. Tax calculators online suggested take home of circa 2,289 - he got 2,105 on Friday.

Looking at his payslip, he is on week 1 tax status and seems to be paying a lot of USC. He phoned Revenue to query this today and they said he will remain on week 1 until the end of the year and he can request a P21 then, meanwhile he has another 2 months of overpaying tax/USC - does this seem right?

I would appreciate any advice. Money is tight - baby due soon and we could do with a full wage for the next two months.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Revenue must have had a reason for putting your husband on a week 1 basis and the employer has to act on this instruction from Revenue. Did Revenue say why he was on a week 1 - does he own tax back, did he receive sick benefit during the year? Give them a ring and see why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Thank you - I spent a long time on the phone to them this morning - seems there is tax liability going back to 2013 - news to us! I will start a separate thread I think as it appears we have been incorrectly paying back revenue €4,000 over the last 4 years :(

Advertisement