Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Security patch

Options
  • 15-10-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

The S8 on eir network is still showing the August security patch. Why is it, eir consistently skips or misses this patches or they are extremely late. When is the September patch coming? And the October one?

Also, please train your call center peons better, their customer service and knowledge is greatly lacking. I've had them tell me I don't know what I am speaking about because apple push their updates themselves, so all carriers do. And the rep *knew* it was true cause she used an iphone :confused: btw, still waiting on that manager to call me back about this. I would appreciate someone who actually knows what they are talking about to answer me here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

The S8 on eir network is still showing the August security patch. Why is it, eir consistently skips or misses this patches or they are extremely late. When is the September patch coming? And the October one?

Also, please train your call center peons better, their customer service and knowledge is greatly lacking. I've had them tell me I don't know what I am speaking about because apple push their updates themselves, so all carriers do. And the rep *knew* it was true cause she used an iphone :confused: btw, still waiting on that manager to call me back about this. I would appreciate someone who actually knows what they are talking about to answer me here.
    Hi there MommySquish

I will forward this onto our team that deals with all devices now. Once I receive any correspondence, I will straight back to you to confirm

-Kyle

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

As an FYI, mines the same (Im on Vodafone). However if I manually check over wi-fi it asks to update!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

antodeco wrote: »
    As an FYI, mines the same (Im on Vodafone). However if I manually check over wi-fi it asks to update!
    Already do this daily but still nada, thanks for the suggestion though! :)

antodeco wrote: »
    Already do this daily but still nada, thanks for the suggestion though! :)
    Hi there MommySquish

We received a response from the Device Team saying the following:

Samsung release quarterly SMR’s (Security Maintenance Release) on our behalf.

They may on occasions release MR’s (Maintenance Release) between the quarters but these aren’t regular releases and are done of an ad-hoc basis depending on the type of update.

The next Quarterly SMR is due for release in November.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MommySquish

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there MommySquish

They may on occasions release MR’s (Maintenance Release) between the quarters but these aren’t regular releases and are done of an ad-hoc basis depending on the type of update.

-Kyle

But why would Vodafone get the releases and not eir of they are coming from Samsung? That doesn't make sense or ring true.

• Advertisement

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there MommySquish

-Kyle

But why would Vodafone get the releases and not eir of they are coming from Samsung? That doesn't make sense or ring true.
    Hi there MommySquish

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to comment on another network's procedures. We can only relay back to what our Device Team advised us here

-Kyle

Advertisement