Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fee for cancelling a contract

Options
  • 15-10-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

I phoned 1901 earlier and was told that the fee for cancelling EirVision and Eir broadband early is to pay the monthly bill times the number of months left in the contract.

The support agent then cut me of before I could ask was she certain of that because it doesn't make sense that I'd also have to pay for the landline, which I made clear I was keeping.

So if I have 6 months left on the the contract and want to cancel just the TV and broadband do I pay for 6 months of TV and broadband in one lump sum but the phone ill remains the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I phoned 1901 earlier and was told that the fee for cancelling EirVision and Eir broadband early is to pay the monthly bill times the number of months left in the contract.

The support agent then cut me of before I could ask was she certain of that because it doesn't make sense that I'd also have to pay for the landline, which I made clear I was keeping.

So if I have 6 months left on the the contract and want to cancel just the TV and broadband do I pay for 6 months of TV and broadband in one lump sum but the phone ill remains the same?
    Hi Spon Farmer, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

The early cease charge is calculated on the services you are cancelling and the timeframe. Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll be able to clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hi Spon Farmer, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

The early cease charge is calculated on the services you are cancelling and the timeframe. Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll be able to clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    I just wanted to be sure of what I had to pay for. 

On Sunday I posted in a different thread that I have always found Eir phone support agents to be helpful. Then the very next time I call I end up talking to n agent of very poor ability and quality.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

you are obviously cancelling because you are not happy, why should you have to pay eir for providing a shoddy service that is below par? Eir should let customers leave if they cant provide a decent service. are comreg so weak that they cant force this issue and slap Eir with huge fines?

DRice wrote: »
    you are obviously cancelling because you are not happy, why should you have to pay eir for providing a shoddy service that is below par? Eir should let customers leave if they cant provide a decent service. are comreg so weak that they cant force this issue and slap Eir with huge fines?
    A contract is a contract. I agreed to certain conditions and it is my responsibility to be aware of what those are. I didn't make myself aware.

I made no comment about being unhappy or that it was a "shoddy service" so I cannot understand how you think my reasons for leaving are "obvious". 

Eir's broadband and TV service are good and I have no complaints. In fact I'd happily recommend it to anyone who asked. I have other reasons for switching to a different provider. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Spon Farmer, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

On Sunday I posted in a different thread that I have always found Eir phone support agents to be helpful. Then the very next time I call I end up talking to n agent of very poor ability and quality.:rolleyes:
    I'm sorry to hear this, this is not the level of service we aim to provide. 

If you PM me your details I'll be happy to advise you on the exact amount that would be charged. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi Spon Farmer, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm sorry to hear this, this is not the level of service we aim to provide. 

If you PM me your details I'll be happy to advise you on the exact amount that would be charged. 

Thanks 

Tracey
    You have already answered my question. Thank you.

Advertisement