If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDR compatible AV upgrade

Options
  • 15-10-2018 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm testing the water to upgrade an AV receiver I bought off yourselves back a few years ago (Onkyo tx-nr626) due a few recent upgrades, namely the addition of a HDR tv.

I was also thinking of upgrading the speakers (5.1 would suffice) on the same run as I was going to move the above receiver and the speakers connected to that to another room.
    On the same purchase I got a sub off you too, an MRSW10, which I have to say is a fantastic sub.
    So, I'd also not like to downgrade that through the planned upgrade if possible (Sub would be moving to the other room too)

I do like the Onkyo I have so I wouldn't like to lose anything (output/functionality/connectivity) by upgrading but obviously I'd need HDR support.

This caught my eye first but would I be right in thinking I'd need to buy the specific MA speaker stands in order to stand mount the speakers front and surround?
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2500-monitor-audio-mass-5-1.html

I also spotted this set but just wondering is this much of an upgrade over the above set?
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2500h-zensor-1-5-1.html

Also if you had any other ideas or any other boardsie deals?

Thanks,
    DrZeuss

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm testing the water to upgrade an AV receiver I bought off yourselves back a few years ago (Onkyo tx-nr626) due a few recent upgrades, namely the addition of a HDR tv.

I was also thinking of upgrading the speakers (5.1 would suffice) on the same run as I was going to move the above receiver and the speakers connected to that to another room.
    On the same purchase I got a sub off you too, an MRSW10, which I have to say is a fantastic sub.
    So, I'd also not like to downgrade that through the planned upgrade if possible (Sub would be moving to the other room too)

I do like the Onkyo I have so I wouldn't like to lose anything (output/functionality/connectivity) by upgrading but obviously I'd need HDR support.

This caught my eye first but would I be right in thinking I'd need to buy the specific MA speaker stands in order to stand mount the speakers front and surround?
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2500-monitor-audio-mass-5-1.html

I also spotted this set but just wondering is this much of an upgrade over the above set?
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2500h-zensor-1-5-1.html

Also if you had any other ideas or any other boardsie deals?

Thanks,
    DrZeuss
    Hi DrZeuss.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Pretty much any amp now would be a step up from your current Onkyo.

For the amp you should look at the Denon AVRX2400 priced at £339.00 (5 star reviewed in What HiFi)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-denon-avrx2400-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

This would pair with the Mass 5.0 pack with no issues and we have ran this combo in store for many many demos.
    You can purchase the Mass 5.0 without the sub for £340.00

You do require the Mass stands to be able to stand mount them correctly.
    They are priced at £112.50 per pair but I could offer them at £100 if purchased along with the speakers and amp.

The AVRX2500 with the Dali Zensor 5.1 would be an jump up again as the 2500 is the replacement for the 2400 above and the Dali speakers would be on a par with the Monitor Audio Bronze range. ( I could perhaps also work a deal on these minus the sub if interested).
    https://www.richersounds.com/monitor-audio-bronze-2-5-1-black.html

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Hi DrZeuss.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Pretty much any amp now would be a step up from your current Onkyo.

For the amp you should look at the Denon AVRX2400 priced at £339.00 (5 star reviewed in What HiFi)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-denon-avrx2400-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

This would pair with the Mass 5.0 pack with no issues and we have ran this combo in store for many many demos.
    You can purchase the Mass 5.0 without the sub for £340.00

You do require the Mass stands to be able to stand mount them correctly.
    They are priced at £112.50 per pair but I could offer them at £100 if purchased along with the speakers and amp.

The AVRX2500 with the Dali Zensor 5.1 would be an jump up again as the 2500 is the replacement for the 2400 above and the Dali speakers would be on a par with the Monitor Audio Bronze range. ( I could perhaps also work a deal on these minus the sub if interested).
    https://www.richersounds.com/monitor-audio-bronze-2-5-1-black.html

Let me know your thoughts.
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I think I may have confused the post by mentioning the MRSW10, I'll be moving that to the other room along with the Onkyo but just wanted to replace it with similar or better.

The AVXR2500 and the Zensor 1 5.1 look like a better option so and would give me better options in terms of mounting stands.
    Whats the best boardsie deal on that package?

Thanks,
    DrZeuss

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Dr,

Thanks for the post - Normally the AVRX2500 / Dali Zensor 1 Bundle is just over £1600 but we can offer you the following options:

Denon AVRX2500
    Dali Zensor 1 * 2 Pairs
    Dali Zensor Vokal Centre * 1
    Dali E9F Subwoofer * 1

Package deal including delivery at £1179 including delivery

Or:

Denon AVRX2500
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 * 2 Pairs ( Or Monitor Audio Bronze 2 + Monitor Audio Bronze FX Dedicated Rear * 1 Pair)
    Monitor Audio Bronze Centre * 1
    Monitor Audio Bronze W10 Subwoofer * 1

Retail on that bundle is £1715 - we can do it at £1159 again including delivery..

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for the options.

I'm now thinking the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 deal would hit the spot!
    I like the idea of the FX but I'll need to look to see if it would suit the room I have, I think I may end up going for the standard bookshelf ones though.
    I'll get back to you once I have done a few measurements and head scratches :)

Thanks again.

DrZeuss

Hi John,

Thanks for the options.

I'm now thinking the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 deal would hit the spot!
    I like the idea of the FX but I'll need to look to see if it would suit the room I have, I think I may end up going for the standard bookshelf ones though.
    I'll get back to you once I have done a few measurements and head scratches :)

Thanks again.

DrZeuss
    No problem! Keep us posted and let me know if you need any more info!

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

I'm going to go for the:

Denon AVRX2500
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 * 2 Pairs

Retail on that bundle is £1715 - we can do it at £1159 again including delivery..

I'm also going to need 2 pairs of stands too and the Mission Stancettes look nice, would they work with Bronze's?
    Or would you recommend any other stands?

Thanks,
    DrZeuss

Hi Guys,

I'm going to go for the:

Denon AVRX2500
    Monitor Audio Bronze 2 * 2 Pairs

I'm also going to need 2 pairs of stands too and the Mission Stancettes look nice, would they work with Bronze's?
    Or would you recommend any other stands?

Thanks,
    DrZeuss
    Good Choice DrZeuss :)

The Mission Stancettes would suit the Bronze 2's no problem. 

They are currently priced at £69 per pair. I could get them down to £60 per pair.

There are also the Soundstyle Z2's priced at £79.95. I could also offer these at £60 per pair.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-100049-soundstyle-z2-black-per-pair.aspx

Total would be £1279 delivered.

Drop me your contact number in a PM when you are ready and we can give you a little call.

Hi Guys,

Ordered on the 21st mid morning and received delivery within 24hrs, that's just an unreal service, as per usual.
    I couldn't respond earlier as I was too busy setting everything up :) 

I think I underestimated the size of the speakers, even though I knew the dimensions, they just look so meaty in person!
    And the sound.....it makes my old system sound like a walkie talkie!

As usual, another happy customer!

Hi Guys,

Ordered on the 21st mid morning and received delivery within 24hrs, that's just an unreal service, as per usual.
    I couldn't respond earlier as I was too busy setting everything up :) 

I think I underestimated the size of the speakers, even though I knew the dimensions, they just look so meaty in person!
    And the sound.....it makes my old system sound like a walkie talkie!

As usual, another happy customer!
    Hi DrZeuss,

Thanks so much for your post! Delighted you're happy with your new set up, that Bronze pack is incredible!

Thanks again for your order and if you need anything else don't hesitate to drop us a line!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.