Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are LLs asking for Viewing Fees ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

An agent can be retained by a tenant to source a property. It happens sometimes in the case of executives approaching from abroad. In that case, the agent approaches a landlord about a property and charges the tenant if a letting is agreed. It is irrelevant who owns the property. The landlord needn't have used an agent at all.

Ah yes, I understand that of course, that's when someone appoints an agent to search for accommodation on their behalf. Different scenario to what I was thinking about. Ordinary 'Joe Soaps' looking for an apartment or a room to lay their head probably wouldn't be appointing an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

nee wrote: »
    It happened to me. More times than I can remember. I lived it.
    You can chose not to believe it, but you would be wrong.

Nothing stopping you reporting this behaviour now, in particular to Revenue.

Advertisement