Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P!nk Beautiful Trauma tour Dublin summer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Getting no tickets available in Wembley on the Android app, in Queue on the website....

Getting an No Tickets on the website too for Wembley....

Necrominus wrote: »
    Got two standing tickets for the Sunday show. That's the wife's birthday pressie sorted anyways. Phew!

Fairplay! This was for herself Christmas present as we're away for the RDS show... Pity.

Luckily I managed to get her mam and herself presale Westlife tickets.... In the good books still :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fairplay! This was for herself Christmas present as we're away for the RDS show... Pity.

Luckily I managed to get her mam and herself presale Westlife tickets.... In the good books still :pac:

Try the app for the Sunday if you're still looking, couldn't get anything for the Saturday but the Sunday still had standing tickets when I booked anyways.

Website was an unmitigated disaster. Nothing available at all:cool:

Try the app for the Sunday if you're still looking, couldn't get anything for the Saturday but the Sunday still had standing tickets when I booked anyways.

Website was an unmitigated disaster. Nothing available at all:cool:

Had both on the go.... was near tempted to bring my tablet into work too :D

App not doing anything now for any tickets for either day. Seems demand in the UK was just as mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I said the RDS was too small. It's a shame she didn't leave a gap between her dates.

It was absolute madness .
    She could have sold out Croke Park.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »

Looks like she sold out two dates in Wembley so minimally she would have sold out one date in Croker if not two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Couldn't agree more.

Usually when you look at twitter you get a smattering of people saying they got tickets in among those who didn't.

It just seems to be an overwhelming amount of people who didn't get tickets.

If rumours are to believed that its Westlife twice and Bon Jovi in Croke Park next year, they've made a huge mistake on the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 andrioolis

it's a killer - waited for 15 min on web site to get the note that no tickets available on ticket master
    how to get them?
    it was my first time trying to get tickets and bang - nothing...
    really disappointing

andrioolis wrote: »
    it's a killer - waited for 15 min on web site to get the note that no tickets available on ticket master
    how to get them?
    it was my first time trying to get tickets and bang - nothing...
    really disappointing

Viagogo if you want to be ripped off completely is prob the only method now of getting them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

I bloody hate Ticketmaster, always have, always will.
    I had 2 laptops 1 tablet and 3 phones on Ticketmaster this morning, all set up from about 8:40am to try get tickets.
    As soon as the countdown ended 3 of the devices forced me to refresh which placed me at the back of a que, I waited over 30 minutes to be told on all devices that tickets were sold out.
    How does that work, what did people do differently to actually get tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Yeah looks like it. I guess it was already booked and Aviva closed? Just surprised they didn't push for a gap for 2nd date or another date somewhere else in the country like her other tour.

Viagogo if you want to be ripped off completely is prob the only method now of getting them :(

There will be loads of tickets released next year on Ticketmaster.
    Sit tight and wait .
    Prices will be alot lower on the resale market then ,its only fools who buy now on Viagogo ,most of whose listings are speculative anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Yep, Aviva is apparently closed for a full pitch re-lay.

They put down a new pitch most years but this is a deeper version.

Pity really as she could easily have done 2 nights there. Maybe more.

lambayire wrote: »
    Yep, Aviva is apparently closed for a full pitch re-lay.

They put down a new pitch most years but this is a deeper version.

Pity really as she could easily have done 2 nights there. Maybe more.

Given that it'll be open til at least late May, they could have squeezed her in!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

We should all post complaints against Ticketmaster with their 8 ticket limit.
    If it was 2 per booking, 4 times the number of people would have got tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

okidoki987 wrote: »

Ticketmaster's job was to issue the tickets only. They couldn't sell out more than they had for sale so 4 times more couldn't have gone but the mix could have been different. The bigger problem with a limit of 2 is that parents want to bring their kids so 2 is not enough but 8 was too many in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

okidoki987 wrote: »

And if someone wants to bring 2 kids? Just pick a favorite? 8 is too many but 2 is not suitable for a lot of people.

Make standing/GC 2 per person and sitting 3/4 per booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Plenty of face value still available for Wembley, no GC though...

Ticket limits won't change anything and don't fix the problem.

It will cause more issues to families or groups who want to go together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

There will be loads of tickets released next year on Ticketmaster.
    Sit tight and wait .
    Prices will be alot lower on the resale market then ,its only fools who buy now on Viagogo ,most of whose listings are speculative anyway.

How so? Are there more to release, or will it be tickets people have refunded? Not doubting you or anything, I just very rarely buy concert tickets so I don't know these things :)

How so? Are there more to release, or will it be tickets people have refunded? Not doubting you or anything, I just very rarely buy concert tickets so I don't know these things :)

Yes there are more to release .
    They never sell the venue out day one.
    There are tickets allocated for VIP/Platinum tickets that wont be sold that will be released as normal tickets closer to the date .
    They hold back tickets for other reasons too,promoter holds ,artist holds , venue holds ,season ticket holds ,capacity issues etc .
    Tickets are also held back to try and drive demand for Platinum /VIP tickets ,its a favourite trick of Ticketmaster.

Extra tickets will also be released once the exact stage layout is known.
    In fact the best seats can often be released the week of the event.
    A concert is never actually sold out.

There are tickets allocated for VIP/Platinum tickets that wont be sold that will be released as normal tickets closer to the date .
    They hold back tickets for other reasons too,promoter holds ,artist holds , venue holds ,season ticket holds ,capacity issues etc .
    Tickets are also held back to try and drive demand for Platinum /VIP tickets ,its a favourite trick of Ticketmaster.

Yep even look at the David Byrne gig which is tomorrow. No seats for ages and you can now hey seats six rows from the stage.

One thing to note is that they never announced that more tickets are available, you'll just have to keep checking the gig itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Then they also release extra tickets once the exact stage layout is known.

Very interesting, thanks. So should the selling of any extra tickets be announced in advance, or will they just pop up online unannounced? I imagine they'll also be sold instantaneously.

Very interesting, thanks. So should the selling of any extra tickets be announced in advance, or will they just pop up online unannounced? I imagine they'll also be sold instantaneously.

Generally they're unannounced unless the gig isn't sold out in which case they try to flog 'brilliant new seats'.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

MCD or whatever media outlets can deem it "sold out" but vip and platinum tickets are still available.

Basically trying to force people into the platinum and vip tickets .

Xmas etc will be a huge pressure point that will force people into those categories

Obviously I use the word force selectively there s no one is forced to go to a concert but I hope people see my overall point

Didn't get tickets this morning but I have by no means given up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 cailin06

This is very true. Ed Sheeran was 'sold out' yet a friend who was already in Dublin decided to chance her arm and queued on the night. When security came to check bags she asked about tickets, they told her not to worry, there were loads and she could pay at the door... which she did.

And always note that ticketmaster will never note a gig as sold out but that 'tickets are not currently available'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭cython

Managed to get 6 standing on the MCD presale yesterday for the OH and her friends, reading this thread makes it abundantly clear how lucky she/I was!

• Advertisement

Also the Audi Club or the 1878 club as it's now known as.
    They guarantee members 4 tickets to any gig at 3Arena so they have to hold these out.
    Very expensive to join though!

Advertisement