Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile application was declined?!

Options
  • 15-10-2018 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My application to Tesco mobile was refused this morning. After handing over my personal information I was unable to obtain an explanation as to why! I contacted my current network provider who informed me that I am contracted with them since December 2012 and have an excellent credit history with them. So why can Tesco welcome my custom and provide me with their service. I spoke with Tesco mobile this morning on 3 separate occasions, 2 with the same sales person and one with "customer service" approx time was 1 1/2 hours between waiting and being place on hold to talking with the Tesco employee at 20 cent a minute!
    Three members of my family are existing Tesco mobile customer and their application and current situation is somewhat similar to that of mine.....so why am I refused application???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Go to a different network, the are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your moving from contact to contact which usually isn't a problem. Any defaulters at your address? After that it's a credit score, i.e a few years in a job, rent or own your house, that kind of thing. They should have an appeals process where they can tell you why the refusal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Could be length of time in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sol4

I'm born and living in Ireland 40 years. I have no bad credit history. Married and stay at home mum which is what I was thinking to be the issue but my sister is a stay at home mum she is a Tesco mobile customer. At this stage I think they just cherry pick their customers as I can't see why my current provider told me I am an excellent customer and can not see why Tesco cannot provide me with an account!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Their 'system' made the decision to reject your application. Most telcos outsource this function to another company.

Under GDPR rules they have a responsibility to ensure that any data they hold on you is accurate.

Under article 15 of GDPR you have the right to ask them for a copy of any information they have on you which caused their system to reject your application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Nothing personal. You just failed their internal credit scoring. People with similar career, age, income, location etc have most likely defaulted in the past on their bills. Give your business to someone else. Their/3 network is a Pile of shîte anyway.

Advertisement