Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending to an APO address?

• 15-10-2018 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,
    Just wondering if anyone here has any info on sending items to an APO address?
    Sold an item recently to a yank based in Germany and his address is APO box.

Do An Post handle this type of post or do I need an alternative courier?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Pretty certain you post to that address with United States at the end and pay for US postage; the USPS take care of the cost differential after that. This will likely be much dearer than posting to Germany.

However I'd be extremely wary of this as a potential scam and/or Paypal reclaim due to how long it takes to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

L1011 wrote: »
    Pretty certain you post to that address with United States at the end and pay for US postage; the USPS take care of the cost differential after that. This will likely be much dearer than posting to Germany.

However I'd be extremely wary of this as a potential scam and/or Paypal reclaim due to how long it takes to get there.

Thanks for that.
    I'm not worried about a PayPal claim as it was paid as friends and family, just want to be sure I can get it sent at a reasonable cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tut tut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

OP did you get sorted? The USPS has an office at RAF Lakenheath in the UK.

In theory you could send the item to there and they will forward it but I would check first.

Or Google the apo zip code and it may tell you the base he is at and address it that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭5500

You can send to an APO with anpost no problem, anything I've sent albeit tracked has shown along the system, but what I notice is they all seem to go over to the states first, and then they redirect to whatever base from there as opposed to say Ireland direct to Germany ect

• Advertisement
Advertisement