Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keycap Puller in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-10-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭

Random I know... but does anyone know where I could buy a keycap puller (wire type) in Dublin City Center?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You know you don't need one to pull keys, right? You can just get a small knife or screwdriver or something and wiggle it under the edge of a cap until it pops off. Once you've got a space, they're pretty easy to pull off with your fingers.

I honestly haven't got a clue if anywhere in Dublin would stock one. Best bet is maybe grab a wire hanger from somewhere and make your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

It's a whole set of keys I am swapping out, and the keycaps were quite expensive so wanted to use a puller rather than trying to force them off or use a crappy plastic keycap puller.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Surely the plastic one would do less potential damage than metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Just FYI here, but I've pulled entire sets of keys quite a few times using nothing but a butter knife. Absolutely no damage to switch or keycap assuming you don't go caveman on it, but up to you. I'd just get one online then, really. I'd be shocked if a single shop in Dublin stocked one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement