Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir refused to place an order, claimed it was due to credit approval failure

• 15-10-2018 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

agaot this email from eir today, I had completed an online application. They were due to connect last Friday morning. Nobody showed up despit emy waiting at home for them. No-one on phone had record of it.
    Writing to them, but it's awful performance by eir. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]All customers wishing to place a new eir order or account are subject to credit approval,unfortunately at this time your application was not successful.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We are unable to disclose the reason/s as to why your eir online order was unsuccessful. Further details can only be provided after receipt of signed written request for this information.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]  [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you wish to receive further details on why your application was cancelled please write to [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]eir Credit Vetting Control
    Unit B, 
    West Cork Technology Park,
    Clonakilty,
    Co. Cork.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would also like to advise you that it is eir’s policy to communicate this information in letter form. As this information can be highly sensitive, the details regarding this will not be disclosed by email or phone call.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please ignore this email if you have already been in contact with a member of our team.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]From
    The [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]eir[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] team[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

agaot this email from eir today, I had completed an online application. They were due to connect last Friday morning. Nobody showed up despit emy waiting at home for them. No-one on phone had record of it.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]All customers wishing to place a new eir order or account are subject to credit approval,unfortunately at this time your application was not successful.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]We are unable to disclose the reason/s as to why your eir online order was unsuccessful. Further details can only be provided after receipt of signed written request for this information.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you wish to receive further details on why your application was cancelled please write to [/font]
    Unit B, 
    Clonakilty,
    Co. Cork.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I would also like to advise you that it is eir’s policy to communicate this information in letter form. As this information can be highly sensitive, the details regarding this will not be disclosed by email or phone call.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please ignore this email if you have already been in contact with a member of our team.[/font]

The [/font]
    Hi there tom_of-cork

Thank you for getting in touch. Can you send me a PM with your account number/order number along with your full name, registered address, email and DOB and I'll have a look at this for you?

-Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

same problem as you, i sent my letter, still waiting for a reply - 1 month later

btw mine was also an online application to an existing Eir account- i was adding office broadband to my existing mobile account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Got the same, declined on a SIM ONLY direct debit plan was trying to SWITCH BACK after three weeks with another provider. They sent me text a switch back deal!! I have a permanent job 10+ years on a decent salary and never missed a payment on anything in my life including mortgage, don't have any debt on credit card etc. 

Obviously however their credit check works it doesn't work properly and if they expect me to write to them to find out how they messed up they have another thing coming as I am taking my business elsewhere. 

Although I am really curious as to what the response would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

wingnut wrote: »
    Got the same, declined on a SIM ONLY direct debit plan was trying to SWITCH BACK after three weeks with another provider. They sent me text a switch back deal!! I have a permanent job 10+ years on a decent salary and never missed a payment on anything in my life including mortgage, don't have any debt on credit card etc. 

Obviously however their credit check works it doesn't work properly and if they expect me to write to them to find out how they messed up they have another thing coming as I am taking my business elsewhere. 

Although I am really curious as to what the response would be.
    Hi wingnut, 

Sorry to hear that this has happened. 

You would have received an email outlining this. 

For security reasons only our credit management team would have access to the reasons why your order was declined. 

If you contact the address in the email they will respond to you by letter advising of the reasons. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

Unit B, 
    Clonakilty,
    Co. Cork.[/font]

The [/font]
    In my opinion you just dodged a bullet , run as far from eir as a service provider as possible and give your business to another provider . 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

i sent off a second letter to them after they ignored my first , and they ignored my second letter also, lovely........

just apply for a bill pay phone somewhere else to see if it is your credit rating, or if Eir messed up ( or you put in a wrong bank account etc) , they will never tell you or write to you, so no point wasting time with them. go elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Luckylow10

I had this problem last year. I’m still in the process of trying to get to the bottom of it. Basically, I applied for broadband online and was automatically refused. I wrote to the credit vetting team and they wouldn’t give me information. I requested all of my data from eir and I discovered that an old account I had cancelled within 14 days cooling off was never fully closed on their end (even though I received confirmation at the time that it was cancelled) They have since assured me this has not affected my credit as it was their fault but they have not explained how it happened or whether i would be refused broadband again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭bluetractor

lanciadub wrote: »
    In my opinion you just dodged a bullet , run as far from eir as a service provider as possible and give your business to another provider . 
    I concur. Customer service is atrocious. It was bad last year - it is substantially worse this year. Not the fault of the staff, just an incompetent level of management that have no experience of providing a basic level of service.

As for the credit refusals. Eir, like most companies, use an outsourced credit reference agency. If you've had issue with payment to another company that uses the same credit reference agency, you get refused. EG. If you were got a warning letter for a bill with another utility provider or someone like littlewoods or any company that gave you credit and they use the same reference agency, you are refused. 

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Luckylow10

I never had a problem with any other utility or mobile service. Credit Insights is the 3rd party you are referring to I believe they confirmed nothing on my record. Anyways as I said I was shocked to see they had marked me down as bad credit due to their internal system problem.

I wrote to the vetting team three times and only received one generic standard template reply.

As I said u can always request your data from the data protection officer in eir.

That might give u more info. HTH ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Advertisement