Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispose / Sell broken PC Monitor

Options
  • 15-10-2018 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a broken PC monitor (the screen is completely black) and i want to dispose it off or sell it off if possible. Its a 32" CF391 Curved LED Monitor and its been broken for a while now and i already bought a new TV as well so not sure what to do with this broken TV now. Should i just throw it out or would this be sell able to someone looking for parts or something?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Moved here from Home Entertainment - I know that offerings for sake are not allowed here ( same on Home a Entertainment) but maybe someone here familiar with the kit mentioned could advise the poster.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hey guys,

I have a broken PC monitor (the screen is completely black) and i want to dispose it off or sell it off if possible. Its a 32" CF391 Curved LED Monitor and its been broken for a while now and i already bought a new TV as well so not sure what to do with this broken TV now. Should i just throw it out or would this be sell able to someone looking for parts or something?

Thanks in advance!
    That model is only 2 years old - surely there's a repair shop that can fix it? Probably just a broken fuse or capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ManUnited123

Its a curved screen so difficult to repair i think. I contact curry's and they said they dont repair curved screens plus since the tv fell and broke, it's not something covered under warranty.

I've been lazy for the past 6 months or so and its just lying in my lounge.. i have the original packing and everything as well. I only used it for a couple of months and then it broke down. At this point in time, i just want to get rid of it, don't want to get it repaired or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,825 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Put it up on adverts for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Its a curved screen so difficult to repair i think. I contact curry's and they said they dont repair curved screens plus since the tv fell and broke, it's not something covered under warranty.

I've been lazy for the past 6 months or so and its just lying in my lounge.. i have the original packing and everything as well. I only used it for a couple of months and then it broke down. At this point in time, i just want to get rid of it, don't want to get it repaired or anything!

The PCBs inside will still be flat.

Also this isn't "it broke down", it's "I broke it" :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

You dropped it, it stopped working but there is no apparent damage? If so take it into Lawless Bros or a similar repair shop, if they can fix it they will and then you can sell it, their inspection fee is only €30 or so, so it's well worth throwing that at it on the good chance it can be repaired and sold for what will be a relative profit.

If not put it up on adverts for free and someone will pick it up in a hot flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Got my current screen of adverts ..30euro I think for a broken 27inch 2k screen. Got the replacement part form the US for 37$ once I figured out what was wrong....fixed working. Plenty of people would happily take that off you and attempted the repair themselves.

Advertisement