If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another TV reccomendation thread

Options
  • 16-10-2018 8:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

I am going around in circles trying to pick a 55 inch tv.

Any opinions on which of the following is best

Samsung UE55NU7100

Hisense 55U7A

Philips 55PUS6703

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fguinan wrote: »
    I am going around in circles trying to pick a 55 inch tv.

Any opinions on which of the following is best

Samsung UE55NU7100

Hisense 55U7A

Philips 55PUS6703

Thanks
    Hi Fguinan.

Thanks for the post and apologies in getting back to you.

All 3 television are good products.

However for me it would be down to the Philips. We have the 43" version on display in store and we have it side by side with a different size of NU7100 and it has a better image over it.

The Ambilight feature also offers up something different for your viewing experience.

Great product at a great price.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

The Ambilight feature also offers up something different for your viewing experience..

Thanks Kenny, can you disable the ambilight feature?
    I'm afraid it might get annoying!

The Ambilight feature also offers up something different for your viewing experience..

Thanks Kenny, can you disable the ambilight feature?
    I'm afraid it might get annoying!
    Hey Fguinan.

You can indeed turn the feature off if you wish to.

Hey Fguinan.

Hi Kenny,

I am ordering a TV today.... just wondering if the Samsung nu8000 or LG 55SK8100PLA are worth the step up in price?

And what is the best price you could do delivered to kildare?

Thanks
    Feilim

Hey Fguinan.

Hi Kenny,

I am ordering a TV today.... just wondering if the Samsung nu8000 or  LG 55SK8100PLA are worth the step up in price?

And what is the best price you could do delivered to kildare?

Thanks
    Feilim
    Hey Fguinan.

In my opinion both are worth the step up in price.

Better performance, smoother image and higher refresh rate.

The 55NU8000 priced at £839 or 999 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203203-samsung-ue55nu8000-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-1000-led-tv.aspx

The LG 55SK8100 retailing at £799 or 949 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

I would have no further movement on either of these screens unfortunately.

I can offer free shipping and you also get our 6 year guarantee free of charge with both of them.

Any questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

I just ordered the LG55SK8100, I see the price on john Lewis has just dropped to £699.

Will you be matching the price?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi fguinan,

at the moment just the euro price has dropped this morning to €899 - JLP don't currently deliver TV to the ROI so we don't generally price match beat them as it's not a like for like service ( again we offer a dedicated 6 year warranty within the ROI) - but in your case we are happy to meet 1/2 way and if you are agreeable I'll ask the guys to give you a call to arrange a £50 refund?

Thanks again for the biz and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi fguinan,

at the moment just the euro price has dropped this morning to €899 - JLP don't currently deliver TV to the ROI so we don't generally price match beat them as it's not a like for like service ( again we offer a dedicated 6 year warranty within the ROI) - but in your case we are happy to meet 1/2 way and if you are agreeable I'll ask the guys to give you a call to arrange a £50 refund?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John,

I see your price has dropped to £699... can you arrange to have the difference refunded to me?

Thanks

Hi fguinan,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Hi John,

I see your price has dropped to £699... can you arrange to have the difference refunded to me?

Thanks
    Hi fguinan,

I will give you a call asap.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.