Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 Bride/Groom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Lavdogg

Dang new levels are pants, we are getting married in October and was hoping for some good news.

Its very difficult for both couples, venues and vendors to implement even with the new guidelines, no doubt Failte Ireland will roll out some addtional guidleines to make it harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Weddings will remain at 50 people, so long as we are at Level 2.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/18e18-level-2/

It increases to 100 with Level 1, and drops to 25 (Level 3) and 6 (Levels 4 & 5).

yes... I spoke to soon.

No indication of how/when we hit level 1 or 3 either - with hospital loadings tiny with CV19 patients and a non existent death rate for months in Ireland, but a focus purely on cases, I am not hopeful for much movement from L.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

yes... I spoke to soon.

No indication of how/when we hit level 1 or 3 either - with hospital loadings tiny with CV19 patients and a non existent death rate for months in Ireland, but a focus purely on cases, I am not hopeful for much movement from L.2.

I was wondering if I missed something... is there any indication on what defines movement between the levels? I'm sure it must be based on number of cases per 100,000, but I don't actually see that anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Very sketchy on details as usual...

Our hotel has been telling us that live music won't be allowed (we're just looking for someone on guitar in the corner)

However, this latest plan doesn't mention it. The synopsis of Level 2 for hotels mentions 'noise controls', with no explanation except a link to Failte Ireland guidelines. Within there I can't find any reference to music or noise?

Anyone point me in the right direction?

It's incredibly frustrating waiting for this update today and then just hearing them waffle with no detail..

Our hotel has accepted that we will have a DJ, but has asked that the DJ will be mindful of not overly encouraging people to be dancing together etc.

woodchuck wrote: »
    I was wondering if I missed something... is there any indication on what defines movement between the levels? I'm sure it must be based on number of cases per 100,000, but I don't actually see that anywhere.

I had read a couple of days ago alongside the these new stages: (paraphrasing here) , that:

- NPHET will take a less public facing role with simpler messaging coming from govt spokespersons.
    - More focus on hospital capacity/ICU capacity & the death rates as an indicator.

Both of which make sense, the devil's in the detail and case numbers, particularly daily are not a good indicator.

Personally what I would like to see is extremely targeted intervention in high risk communities: Nursing/care homes, migrant working locations such as meat packing locations, Direct Provision etc.

Let those who can get back to their lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Our hotel has accepted that we will have a DJ, but has asked that the DJ will be mindful of not overly encouraging people to be dancing together etc.

And in fairness, that's all the guidelines ask

■ Ensuring distancing on the dance floors:
    - Signage on tables and dance floors must ask guests
    to respect physical distancing guidelines.
    - Employees must monitor and manage distancing

Will chat to them again on it, it's frustrating and sucking the excitement out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Smaller weddings sound so wonderful. Maybe it's the way to go, instead of having every waif and stray and outlaw, inlaw, sometime friends and cousins three times removed on the day.

I know many here will think I am a grinch. Far from it. The marriage is the important bit, the wedding is for those you know intimitely and WANT to share your day with you.

Best of luck to all of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So anyone know what the hell the crack is ,
    I'm invited to a wedding on Saturday in a bordering Dublin county,

The Venue is just across in another county ,the Bride & Groom and everyone in attendance are from Dublin

Are we being advised that its ok or not to go ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So anyone know what the hell the crack is ,
    I'm invited to a wedding on Saturday in a bordering Dublin county,

The Venue is just across in another county ,the Bride & Groom and everyone in attendance are from Dublin

Are we being advised that its ok or not to go ?

At the moment its advised not to travel outside Dublin. By the end of the week it could be mandatory.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    At the moment its advised not to travel outside Dublin. By the end of the week it could be mandatory.

Most likely find out on Friday evening then,

God I really feel for them finding out 6pm on a Friday if your wedding can go ahead less than 24 hours later,

I guess that's the chance you take ,

I'm also confused about a couple of things:

First, are these legal requirements or guidelines? Not to say anyone should be flaunting guidelines either, but would like to know.

Second, the wording is 'Stay in your county (or other defined geographical area) apart from work, education and other essential purposes, if appropriate.'

Would a wedding not be seen as essential travel?

Again,not suggesting anyone should be irresponsible but it's vague to say the least. Notably, a lack of clarity how you get to level 3, imagine a situation like above were there's a 'guideline not to have your wedding with 24 hours notice but if you want to go ahead, we can't stop you'

Case numbers in Dublin are not going to come down and hospital loading is remaining tiny - if govt/public respond to daily soundbite of daily case rates - then Dublin will be in level 3 forever.

Also, another thought, if you can travel into Ireland and 'test on arrival', does the same not apply for leaving Dublin? Are we expecting those arriving into Dublin airport, not to leave Dublin airport.

Paschal coming out giving his opinion and then papers spinning this to the following headline: 'Dubliners advised not to travel to weddings outside county as move to Level Three 'a strong possibility' is not helpful.

Paschal coming out giving his opinion and then papers spinning this to the following headline: 'Dubliners advised not to travel to weddings outside county as move to Level Three 'a strong possibility' is not helpful.

God I hadn't seen that, just found it now:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dubliners-advised-not-to-travel-to-weddings-outside-county-as-move-to-level-three-a-strong-possibility-39535455.html

The amount of emotional blackmail is unreal.
    "I absolutely understand how important and life-changing a wedding day is. I absolutely appreciate that. But a wedding ceremony is meant to be about sharing hope for a better future. Getting family together to celebrate a wonderful day," he said.

“And I’d ask all to consider how we could feel about a wedding if we then found out in a number of days or weeks time that the wedding turned into a place in which a disease was spread."

If you were to subscribe to that way of thinking, nobody would get married until the pandemic is well and truly over (which could be years away). On the one hand they're saying weddings have an "exemption" to go ahead under the plan, but then they come out with statements like this, doing everything they can to discourage them from going ahead. And who the hell is left to foot the bill when guests start dropping out like flies on the foot of statements like that? It's not the Ministers, that's for damn sure.

My original wedding date was this Saturday in Dublin. I was feeling really down earlier in the week and thinking we should've just gone ahead. I guess it's a good thing that we postponed now though. A lot of our guests live in Dublin, but my bridesmaid lives in Wicklow and naturally there are other guests/family not in the county too. Even those in Dublin would probably drop out as the week goes on. At least we wouldn't have to worry about cutting the guest list from 50 to 25 if we get to level 3, it would probably just happen naturally. Although my venue have a minimum number on a Saturday, so I expect they'd either cancel on us as financially it may not be worth it for them anymore or we'd be paying an outrageous amount for a very small wedding. [Sorry, spending a lot of time in an imagined parallel universe where we're still getting married this Saturday...]

My original wedding date was this Saturday in Dublin. I was feeling really down earlier in the week and thinking we should've just gone ahead. I guess it's a good thing that we postponed now though. A lot of our guests live in Dublin, but my bridesmaid lives in Wicklow and naturally there are other guests/family not in the county too. Even those in Dublin would probably drop out as the week goes on. At least we wouldn't have to worry about cutting the guest list from 50 to 25 if we get to level 3, it would probably just happen naturally. Although my venue have a minimum number on a Saturday, so I expect they'd either cancel on us as financially it may not be worth it for them anymore or we'd be paying an outrageous amount for a very small wedding. [Sorry, spending a lot of time in an imagined parallel universe where we're still getting married this Saturday...]

I feel you, ours was set for May and now it's Oct 24th. We'd rather an outright ban on weddings now rather than constant changing of rules with no clarity as to how you change - it makes planning impossible.

Many adages come to mind:
    - Perception is reality
    - Events my dear boy, events
    - Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story
    - It doesn't count unless you can measure it

Visible public gatherings are the obvious thing for the media/policy makers to take aim at. They can be seen, measured, contained and talked about with a nice dose of emotion for clickability.
    What I would like to see is a real concerted effort made in nursing homes, DP centers, migrant working locations, houses parties in Dublin (which are rampant) if you take a stroll around the likes of Dublin 7/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

If you were to subscribe to that way of thinking, nobody would get married until the pandemic is well and truly over (which could be years away)..]

No, people would grow the heck up and realise that they don't need the big paddywhackery wedding, and just get married.

No, people would grow the heck up and realise that they don't need the big paddywhackery wedding, and just get married.

There is no right or wrong way to get married

• Advertisement

I don't want a big paddywhackery wedding. I'd be perfectly happy with a smaller wedding of less than 50 people. I've always been horribly cynical about weddings (I won't give examples as I could risk offending people here). I don't even care about 11.30pm closing if that continues, I actually just want to be able to celebrate what is naturally a very important occasion in our lives with my nearest and dearest. A large part of the reason we postponed is because we have siblings abroad who are unable to attend this year.

Anything beyond signing a piece of paper in a registry office is a social gathering, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want a social gathering of some sort on your wedding day and be able to plan accordingly. Even the smallest of weddings before the pandemic would involve a small group of family and friends having some food and drink together after the legal bit is done to celebrate.

My issue is that on the one hand the government are telling people they can have a wedding celebration. But on the other hand you have a Minister coming out giving people a guilt trip about it. Either allow it or don't, but they shouldn't pass judgement on people who are going ahead with their weddings and are actually doing their best to abide by the restrictions.

My issue is that on the one hand the government are telling people they can have a wedding celebration. But on the other hand you have a Minister coming out giving people a guilt trip about it. Either allow it or don't, but they shouldn't pass judgement on people who are going ahead with their weddings and are actually doing their best to abide by the restrictions.

We have a situation in this country in the space of literally 48 were:

- Guidance for weddings on numbers & over the top guidelines from Failte Ireland, yet people are happy to abide by. Great.

-But... Dublin is in level 2 with restrictions with threat of going to level 3 with restrictions. 'You can leave, but you shouldn't leave, unless you have to leave'

- Then the finance minister giving his personal take on the radio about weddings and celebrations.

I honestly believe if the last 48 hours goes on another couple of years - Beyond weddings this will confuse and grind with people in general and erode confidence and respect for guidelines quickly. We'll be left with lots of guidelines that people will not bother with.

Does anyone regarding level 3 re. leaving the county, is a guideline/rule/law?

Does anyone regarding level 3 re. leaving the county, is a guideline/rule/law?

I'm assuming there's no actual regulation in relation to this? They always take time after plans are released. Unless there's something still in the law after lockdown :/ So hard to even know anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'm assuming there's no actual regulation in relation to this? They always take time after plans are released. Unless there's something still in the law after lockdown :/ So hard to even know anymore.

Leaving the county was never a law as far as I know. The only one I can think of that was actually written into law was the filling of the form on arrival at the airport. I stand to be corrected though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lodwick

We're supposed to be getting married on Sunday in Meath. We live in Dublin and now we have no idea what to do. We've passed the point for getting deposits back. It should be an exciting time but all I feel is dread and helplessness. We have no what were supposed to do.

Lodwick wrote: »
    We're supposed to be getting married on Sunday in Meath. We live in Dublin and now we have no idea what to do. We've passed the point for getting deposits back. It should be an exciting time but all I feel is dread and helplessness. We have no what were supposed to do.

I have a friend in the same boat as you ,

He is due to get married on Saturday about 10 minutes drive in to Meath,
    Himself the bride and the whole wedding party are form Dublin ,

I find it crazy that they can't just go ahead its a wedding only venue so no one else is mixing ,

Imagine himself and the missus watching the 6pm new tomorrow to find out if the wedding less than 24 hours later can go ahead

I fell for you guys its so tough ,

I find it crazy that they can't just go ahead its a wedding only venue so no one else is mixing ,

Imagine himself and the missus watching the 6pm new tomorrow to find out if the wedding less than 24 hours later can go ahead

This is absolutely awful.

The question is; is a wedding essential travel? Also, if this a guideline not law, can he point blank ignore it? I believe morally he can.

The question is; is a wedding essential travel? Also, if this a guideline not law, can he point blank ignore it? I believe morally he can.

Thats the thing, it's not clarified what is 'essential travel'. we're going to be loosing thousands of €. We already tried postponing months ago but all our vendors didnt line up.

If the venue was in Dublin then it could still go ahead but the fact that were told not to travel outside the county is frustrating.

I feel sick to my stomack of the though that in 72 hours it might not happen.

Well the conversation needs to be had with the Venue, and parents and that,

Friends and younger relations are all good to go if the venue and the parents are ok ,

My question is will it be an offence by law to leave the county ?

I seeing wording with essential or appropriate travel ,
    Surley your wedding that soon after the news breaks is a appropriate

Thanks, yeah its a crappy situation.

Ours is a private venue too and were having the cermony there aswell, so its not like all the Dubliners will be going mad in Meath.

I'm hoping the government will calrify what is essential or if travel is allowed for existing arrangements.

But I have a feeling we'll all be just as confused again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well the conversation needs to be had with the Venue, and parents and that,

Friends and younger relations are all good to go if the venue and the parents are ok ,

My question is will it be an offence by law to leave the county ?

I seeing wording with essential or appropriate travel ,
    Surley your wedding that soon after the news breaks is a appropriate

Dubs are being 'advised' not to leave the county. No offence by law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thats the thing, it's not clarified what is 'essential travel'. we're going to be loosing thousands of €. We already tried postponing months ago but all our vendors didnt line up.

If the venue was in Dublin then it could still go ahead but the fact that were told not to travel outside the county is frustrating.

If it was in Dublin it would be restricted to 25 as per the Level 3 documentation.

At such short notice, I would go ahead in your case, the venue is in a level 2 county so 50 is permitted and admittedly you're not adhering to the guidance to avoid travel but a wedding is a big deal compared to other non-essential travel. That said, I've no idea of the age profile of your guest etc

Thanks, yeah its a crappy situation.

Ours is a private venue too and were having the cermony there aswell, so its not like all the Dubliners will be going mad in Meath.

I'm hoping the government will calrify what is essential or if travel is allowed for existing arrangements.

But I have a feeling we'll all be just as confused again.

Will you go ahead?
    My friend has de oded to move the ceremony to the venue and go ahead, so 50 guest all from Dublin in a wedding venue in Meath,

12 hours notice to cancel such a huge life event is insane

I would classify this as absolutely essential travel.

• Advertisement

Will you go ahead?
    My friend has de oded to move the ceremony to the venue and go ahead, so 50 guest all from Dublin in a wedding venue in Meath,

12 hours notice to cancel such a huge life event is insane

Once the government announce the situation in Dublin, I'm hoping the venue Meath don't question our decision to go ahead.

Myself and my fiance are happy for it to go ahead I just hope the rest of the guests will be too.

Did your friends venue say anything to them or are they fine with having people from Dublin attending?

I agree I just hope everyone else sees it that way

Once the government announce the situation in Dublin, I'm hoping the venue Meath don't question our decision to go ahead.

Myself and my fiance are happy for it to go ahead I just hope the rest of the guests will be too.

Did your friends venue say anything to them or are they fine with having people from Dublin attending?

By the sound sof things they will OK with holding it
    Simply because the turn around time is less than 24 hours

Another major question is will there be check points driving into Meath

nikpmup wrote: »

Does that effect hotels or weddings?

It's not.

There is a definition by the gov

travel only for essential purposes, such as for essential work or to care for family members.

But of course you will have fools who think this includes parties - might be why figures are so high

It's a terrible situation, but imagine how much worse in a month if all your friends and family are sick

Does that effect hotels or weddings?

I don't know if it affects weddings, it could. It'll pretty much mean mine is cancelled as we were planning on a meal in a restaurant after the registry office next week. We'll be home by 4pm by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Im due to get married in the next month after already going through 1 postponement
    Not in dublin but the bresking news over night about what happened in the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore is a worry. A group from Dublin are getting the blame locally which will make hotels nervous. I feel sorry for anyone due to get married this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭Alkers

Im due to get married in the next month after already going through 1 postponement
    Not in dublin but the bresking news over night about what happened in the Bridge House Hotel in Tullamore is a worry. A group from Dublin are getting the blame locally which will make hotels nervous. I feel sorry for anyone due to get married this weekend
    What happened? Have you a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Alkers wrote: »
    What happened? Have you a link?

Just found it there:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cluster-among-golfing-group-in-midlands-a-significant-covid-19-incident-1.4357892
    It's a group of golfers though, not a wedding.

Although headlines such as this don't help:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0918/1165931-coronavirus-us/
    They're really vilifying weddings.

We were due to get married tomorrow, but postponed a couple of months ago. If we were still due to go ahead, I have no idea if we'd even be able to. On the one hand they're saying weddings can still go ahead, but on the other they're saying no indoor dining. We were due to get married in a restaurant (including the ceremony), so we'd be completely in limbo right now.

There is absolutely no evidence to say that the recent surge has anything to do with restaurants. The numbers point to private households, but they know they can't control that, so it seems like they're panicking and just trying to close down anything else they can. It's such a joke!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Doesnt matter whether it was a wedding or a golf outing. Its another blow to the hotel industry and gives an excuse to close restaurants/hotels again. For the love of god people if your feeling any way unwell stay at home

Doesnt matter whether it was a wedding or a golf outing. Its another blow to the hotel industry and gives an excuse to close restaurants/hotels again. For the love of god people if your feeling any way unwell stay at home

The difference is that weddings are allowed under the restrictions. As far as I'm aware, while golf is allowed, this group of 20 people should not have been gathering off the golf course under the restrictions. [Although I stand to be corrected as the restrictions seem to be ever changing these days!]

I'd hope people have enough cop on not to go to a gathering if they're feeling unwell. The problem though is that this virus spreads even when people are asymptomatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

There are legal reasons why couples should be allowed marry despite Covid. The difference is do they need a wedding. A marriage only needs the couple, celebrant and two witnesses. It doesn't need all the rest. I can't see why this can't be accommodated with appropriate measures in place.

I know for a lot of people it will be something they prefer to postpone but there are those who just want to be married. Given that we are in a global pandemic that should absolutely be allowed to continue. Comparing weddings with golf trips, house parties and random gatherings is unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

So postponed in mid March as we could see that the first date at the end of March was never going to happened and went for early October and now we're caught again. Went from 60 the first time for the wedding, then cut back to 45 and now have to go with 20.

We had to cancel the afters and the DJ before the latest wave so now its just very close families and no friends. Our venue have been great and we had sent out advice to all that we'd be following the guidelines for everyone's safety but we've to cancel them all now. Very upsetting that its come to this, especially when you read about Tullamore and people going from pub to pub for drinks and none of these people are kids either!

All these businesses making the short term gain might think they're smart now flouting the rules but long term, they're killing their sectors as a lot of places won't survive this as this is going to be a long winter.

As for the Government knowing that Dublin cases were rising at such a rate last week and not acting on Glynn's letter and leaving it go 5 days before launching their 5 point plan, which they changed the next morning and now have changed to 7 points, spare me! They've made matters worse by not acting sooner and giving some proper directions. Their inaction is going to cause a bigger second wave because they were afraid to act.

Whatever they would have done wouldn't have saved my wedding from been what we would have liked to have but they're elected to govern so I wish they'd do some governing.

Just found it there:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/cluster-among-golfing-group-in-midlands-a-significant-covid-19-incident-1.4357892
    It's a group of golfers though, not a wedding.

Although headlines such as this don't help:
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0918/1165931-coronavirus-us/
    They're really vilifying weddings.

We were due to get married tomorrow, but postponed a couple of months ago. If we were still due to go ahead, I have no idea if we'd even be able to. On the one hand they're saying weddings can still go ahead, but on the other they're saying no indoor dining. We were due to get married in a restaurant (including the ceremony), so we'd be completely in limbo right now.

There is absolutely no evidence to say that the recent surge has anything to do with restaurants. The numbers point to private households, but they know they can't control that, so it seems like they're panicking and just trying to close down anything else they can. It's such a joke!!

Did you reschedule or are you going ahead with registry office as is?

Really sorry for you!

Im beyond sorry, I'm angry for you;
    Lack of leadership and will to focus on the actual data on how this virus spreading and it's true mortality. I won't spout on about that on a wedding forum however.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Getting married, I'd consider essential. Witnesses and celebrants are by law required for the ceremony as well.

Guests though, can't be classified as essential.

I really feel for anyone who continued on with their wedding plans this year. The amount of stress they must be under is immense. I know I'd have cracked up if I tried and felt such relief deciding to postpone to 2021. Even then if it's still like it is now by then, we'll just elope ourselves.

Did you reschedule or are you going ahead with registry office as is?

Really sorry for you!

Im beyond sorry, I'm angry for you;
    Lack of leadership and will to focus on the actual data on how this virus spreading and it's true mortality. I won't spout on about that on a wedding forum however.

We rescheduled a couple of months ago for next May. But I'm still in the frame of mind of "what if we were still planning to go ahead tomorrow", which a lot of people still are and are completely in the dark atm.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. We thought that this plan would give us some sort of framework to start planning again for next year. But they've thrown their own plan out the window again. At least it's giving me a lot of "what ifs" to discuss with our venue :rolleyes: What if we go to level 3, will you still let us have a wedding with only 25 people or cancel. What if they close restaurants, will you still open just for our wedding or cancel.

I know some people are going ahead with the legal bit and planning a big party later. But we never wanted a big wedding anyway, so whatever we do on the day we legally get married, that's our celebration full stop. I just wish it was clear if we'll actually be able to have some sort of small celebration with our immediate family and close friends :(

We rescheduled a couple of months ago for next May. But I'm still in the frame of mind of "what if we were still planning to go ahead tomorrow", which a lot of people still are and are completely in the dark atm.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. We thought that this plan would give us some sort of framework to start planning again for next year. But they've thrown their own plan out the window again. At least it's giving me a lot of "what ifs" to discuss with our venue :rolleyes: What if we go to level 3, will you still let us have a wedding with only 25 people or cancel. What if they close restaurants, will you still open just for our wedding or cancel.

I know some people are going ahead with the legal bit and planning a big party later. But we never wanted a big wedding anyway, so whatever we do on the day we legally get married, that's our celebration full stop. I just wish it was clear if we'll actually be able to have some sort of small celebration with our immediate family and close friends :(

We are going through a lot of 'what if' clauses with our private house venue at the moment. We feel she wishes to cancel for a number of reasons; potential reputational damage / insurance for one wedding (we're the only wedding she's having this year) and unfurloughing staff (she's already said this).

The biggest risk is now our ability to leave Dublin in late Oct.

We had contemplated next year, however getting suppliers lined up is the issue - seemingly they're all booked up.

For you and your wedding in May '21, I honestly believe that virus or not arond, sentiment will have changed and we truly will be 'living with it'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement