Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbuteo Table Soccer.

Options
  • 16-10-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Anyone remember this old famous game from the 70s and 80s? It really was the FIFA of those days. Magical childhood memories when all that mattered was football. Well a group of former players who have kept the game alive in Ireland over the years want to hear from anyone who might be interested in giving it a go again. Check your attics or sheds, who knows, that old famous game could still be there. Dust it down, set it up and challenge your mates to a rematch after a 25 year gap!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

spoke2cun wrote: »
    Anyone remember this old famous game from the 70s and 80s? It really was the FIFA of those days. Magical childhood memories when all that mattered was football. Well a group of former players who have kept the game alive in Ireland over the years want to hear from anyone who might be interested in giving it a go again. Check your attics or sheds, who knows, that old famous game could still be there. Dust it down, set it up and challenge your mates to a rematch after a 25 year gap!

Great game, used to play it when i was younger. I have a 1986 World Cup Edition at home in the attic as well of loads of teams.

My brothers and I use to set up World Cups and play all the matches!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Good to hear from you glennhysen. I got 'back into it' about 7 years ago after a gap of 23 years. There's about 14-16 of us who play on a monthly basis. Mostly here in Ulster. We all have the same stories from back in the day when it comes to subbuteo. I thought the game was long gone until I went online a few years ago. It's was kept going in Ireland, North and South by a small group of lads. We started to play along with them a couple of years ago. It's just as magical all over again. We held the Donegal Subbuteo Championships in Letterkenny last Saturday. You can check it out on our Facebook page, Donegal Subbuteo, if you like.

Good to hear from you glennhysen. I got 'back into it' about 7 years ago after a gap of 23 years. There's about 14-16 of us who play on a monthly basis. Mostly here in Ulster. We all have the same stories from back in the day when it comes to subbuteo. I thought the game was long gone until I went online a few years ago. It's was kept going in Ireland, North and South by a small group of lads. We started to play along with them a couple of years ago. It's just as magical all over again. We held the Donegal Subbuteo Championships in Letterkenny last Saturday. You can check it out on our Facebook page, Donegal Subbuteo, if you like.

Will definitely check it out, fair play to you!

I must tell my brother, he lives in Ramelton!

Just watch out for that Kevin bloke :pac:

• Advertisement

Just watch out for that Kevin bloke :pac:

???

Very good. Never thought of that. The nephew of one if the undertones started up a subbuteo club in Derry 2 years ago.

Advertisement