Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best night club?

Options
  • 16-10-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭

hey folks
    heading to Galway next week with a mini stag basically, just wondering what would be the best night club and or late bar's , Most of the lads are in there late 20's

Comments

hey folks
    heading to Galway next week with a mini stag basically, just wondering what would be the best night club and or late bar's , Most of the lads are in there late 20's

The Quays would probably be the best bet given the age group

• Registered Users Posts: 20,766 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

hey folks

I know the pub , is it a late pub or is there something connected to it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

hey folks

He said twenties not forties :) . Op try An Pucan, Buskers, Monroe's, Skeff or 1520. All bars/late bars ideal for stag groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Electric is unquestionably the best night club in Galway but not suitable for your needs. Quays is too old, but there are many late pubs.... try An Pucan.

McTigs wrote: »
    Electric is unquestionably the best night club in Galway but not suitable for your needs.  Quays is too old, but there are many late pubs.... try An Pucan.
    Why would it not be suitable ? to young crowd ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Why would it not be suitable ? to young crowd ?

Depends on the time of the year really, now you'd get a lot of young college students, a lot of first years (18), it attracts a lot of students but it does get it's share of older/late 20s groups too.

An Pucan is a nice pub, same with the The Front Door, but that's not a late bar as far as I'm aware.
    Best of luck with the stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Halo

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Halo
    Has that not been closed for quite a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Googling it shows it is still open with events planned for November.

I'm sure OP wants to hear from kids who actively go clubbing and not the foggy memories of old men.

Googling it shows it is still open with events planned for November.

I'm sure OP wants to hear from kids who actively go clubbing and not the foggy memories of old men.
    Interesting, a 23 year old colleague recently told me twas closed/or under a different name, must dust off my disco pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Interesting, a 23 year old colleague recently told me twas closed/or under a different name, must dust off my disco pants.

It is called Four/Four during the week for college students. Remains as Halo at the weekends. Same club, same everything as it has been really at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

As for the OP, for late 20's clubs I would say Electric or Halo. Depends on the music taste and what sort of 'scene' you want in a club. Personally I would prefer Electric as it is not as snobby as Halo is. Electric is more relaxed, 'cooler' and house-type music. Halo is cocktails and people who love to look in the mirror for long periods of time. IMO ;)

as for pubs, yeah Pucan is a good shout for during the day. especially if there is sport on. can be good at night too.
    Quays if you want some live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Only opens at weekends as 'Halo' though opens some nights during the week as 'FourFour'

So for house music Electric ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

So for house music Electric ?
    If you find House music anywhere it will be in Electric.... more likely in one of the smaller rooms than on the main floor though

So for night clubs is it only electric and Halo ?

I'm guessing Sunday will be more busy than Saturday as its a bank holiday

Advertisement