Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashiers cheque to Italy, correspondent branch?

Options
  • 16-10-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to send a cashiers' cheque to Italy.

The recipient has specified that the sending bank needs to have a correspondent branch in Italy.

Could you please let me know if this is something that Bank of Ireland can facilitate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

Is it a bank draft you're looking for?

You can purchase a bank draft for the value of €500 and above at any of our Branches if you hold a bank account with us. We would advise to bring photo ID with you.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch today.

Is it a bank draft you're looking for?

You can purchase a bank draft for the value of €500 and above at any of our Branches if you hold a bank account with us. We would advise to bring photo ID with you.

Many Thanks
    Alison
    Thanks Alison.

Could you check whether or not Bank of Ireland has a correspondent branch in Italy? As above, the bank draft is for an Italian payee and apparantly it will not work if the sending branch does not have a correspondent branch in Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

I'm afraid we do not have a corresponding Branch in Italy.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement