Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drying time for cut logs

Options
  • 16-10-2018 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Just wondering when timber (ash) cut February 13, 2018 would be ready to burn. I chopped the logs, stacked them and left them all summer (which was the driest we have had in a while). So they have been air dried.

Opinions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd certainly give Feb felled wood every chance. Try a few logs in a coal and wood mix and see what happens.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

typically, a year. ash is the naturally driest timber (when green) you're likely to get your hands on, so a lot of people say it can be burned green - you should still season it for a year though.
    IIRC, ash is about 35% water while green.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

You can buy a cheap moisture meter for logs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I'll leave it through the winter so. Thank folks

Advertisement