Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The 3-point shootout looks like it'll be worth a watch this year, Dirk has accepted the invitation (which almost definitely means this is his final year) and both Steph and Seth Curry are in it, the brothers competing in their home town.

EDIT: Damian Lillard just joined in too, lots of star power this year.

Klay is on fire shooting wise right now, shame he's not in...yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looking at the west now and the Lakers are 4 games out of the playoffs, it's gonna be very tough for them to even make it at all, especially if LeBron is out much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

killwill wrote: »
    I read that if you eliminate all free throws taken this season he is still top scorer.
    Also if you change all 3 pointers to 2 pointers for the season, Harden is still top scorer.

Yeah saw that Ringer article too. I've been meaning to look into adjusted numbers for minutes played but haven't had a chance, would imagine it being a lot closer there or even Curry being ahead.
    The 3-point shootout looks like it'll be worth a watch this year, Dirk has accepted the invitation (which almost definitely means this is his final year) and both Steph and Seth Curry are in it, the brothers competing in their home town.

EDIT: Damian Lillard just joined in too, lots of star power this year.

Buddy Hield in too.
    Looking at the west now and the Lakers are 4 games out of the playoffs, it's gonna be very tough for them to even make it at all, especially if LeBron is out much longer.

:confused: 4 games out is nothing, long way to go until the Playoffs. They've had a good few injuries on top of LeBron, can see them making it and top teams wanting to avoid them in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I fancy the Lakers to make the playoffs but if the are 7th or 8th I think it is a first round exit.
    Suggestions that Ball, Ingram and a future 1st round pick for AD is a possibility.
    I would let Ingram go in a heart beat but there is something about Ball I really like. His 3 point shooting has improved and his defence against top PGs is quite good. Obviously he has to work on alot more of his game but I don't see them trading him.
    But then when you look at having Rondo, Lebron and AD it would be a trade near impossible to turn down right?

Just looked at the standing's there and they are 2 games out of 8th and 4 games out of 5th, it's all very tight right now.

• Advertisement

Some interesting points and stats in that video for anyone interested. I don't agree with all of them, but it's worth a look.

The Mavs lost by 3 but Doncic just dropped a 35 point triple double on the Raptors while being guarded by Kawhi all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

The Mavs lost by 3 but Doncic just dropped a 35 point triple double on the Raptors while being guarded by Kawhi all night.
    I have to keep reminding myself that he's only 19. Unreal.

Per Woj via Chris Paul, Anthony Davis will not be resigning with New Orleans.

Very interesting timing with a couple of weeks before the trade deadline as Boston can’t move for him until the summer. Clutch trying to force a trade to LA early? New Orleans would be dumb as rocks to do it, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Per Woj via Chris Paul, Anthony Davis will not be resigning with New Orleans.

Very interesting timing with a couple of weeks before the trade deadline as Boston can’t move for him until the summer. Clutch trying to force a trade to LA early? New Orleans would be dumb as rocks to do it, but you never know.

Also per Woj
    Rich Paul to ESPN on a preferred destination for Anthony Davis: "Anthony wants to be traded to a team that allows him the chance to win consistently and compete for a championship."

That's the Lakers out of the running so :D:D

• Advertisement

This has potential to be one of the biggest trades in NBA history

Boston can't get in on the fun yet either as they've already signed Irving under the Rose rule...

Dx__C_MU0AEnlx-.jpg

Dx__DZJV4AEPaIA.jpg

Also per Woj

That's the Lakers out of the running so :D:D

Should be an interesting podcast week!

Simmons made a great point a while back about Paul, LeBron and Clutch and after all the years of playing Boston in the play offs and the abuse/vitriol/hate thrown at LeBron there from the players to the fans to Ainge having digs constantly that they’d (Clutch) be in no hurry to aid Boston in any way whatsoever, despite the fact Boston have by far the best assests. Could be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The AD trade talk = yawn.

He’ll end up at the Lakers without a doubt.

The same old bollocks when it comes to LeBron.

He clearly wants to go to LA imo, but that Lakers core that they'd be trading isn't nearly as good as they're made out to be. I'm curious to see what other teams will throw in offers before Boston can get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah here, hyperbole much? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Paully D wrote: »
    The AD trade talk = yawn.

He’ll end up at the Lakers without a doubt.

The same old bollocks when it comes to LeBron.

How is this LeBron's fault? Or what has he done this time? Confused.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah here, hyperbole much? :pac:

He's a perennial MVP candidate at 25 years old, whoever he goes to is an instant contender for years to come imo.

I wonder if they'll blow it up completely, plenty of teams will be looking at Holiday and Mirotic.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Presume it's because Klutch are the ones pushing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

He's completely wasted at the Pelicans to be fair. Great for the league if he ends up with LeBron in LA. Makes too much sense for it not to happen I'd think.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He's a part owner of Clutch - not on paper but everyone knows it is what it is.
    He essentially tampered with AD a few weeks back, to the point where the owners complained and the NBA had to issue a statement on it.
    The Lakers are the tampering masters.

Do the math.

Morrison J wrote: »
    He's completely wasted at the Pelicans to be fair. Great for the league if he ends up with LeBron in LA. Makes too much sense for it not to happen I'd think.

It makes NO sense if you're New Orleans. If they're resigned to losing him they have 2 options:

1. Keep him and let him walk for nothing in July 2020
    2. Trade him to get the maximum value returning to them

Option 2 means you wait until the summer when Boston (who have more personnel and trade assets than anybody). If you trade now for the Lakers or another team's assets, you're short-selling. If you wait until the summer - and to be fair they've nothing to lose by waiting as they're likely not making the Play Offs anyway - then everybody can make their pitches/trade offers and you'll get the maximum value form that.

Even if AD says he won't sign for anyone but the Lakers when he's a FA in 2020 all those teams know that and most would I suspect roll the dice with a view to rolling out the red carpet and having a chance to keep him beyond then.

The clock is ticking for LeBron; he can't wait until the 2020-21 season to have Davis if he wants him; but right now I don't see LA being able to offer enough. The youngsters haven't delivered on the expectation of the last 2-3 years and they haven't become the assets that LA would have hoped.

I think New Orleans would be insane to trade Davis to LA before the trade deadline for many reasons, but their likely return is the main reason I'd say that.

I've heard some interesting potential trades mooted with Philly, Toronto and even GS - all of which would be much more interesting to NO than what they can offer. And all of those trades can happen now. Boston are likely a little worried.

I think nearly every team will be willing to give up basically everyone bar their best player. Boston have the best young for to trade but maybe NOLA doesn't want to go young, Spurs didn't with Kawhi. They might instead look for the best player available.

I think nearly every team will be willing to give up basically everyone bar their best player. Boston have the best young for to trade but maybe NOLA doesn't want to go young, Spurs didn't with Kawhi. They might instead look for the best player available.

They might want the best player, they might want young talent, they might want picks, they might want a combination of all of that.

If NO wait for the summer they can also potentially flip Davis for Zion and whatever else they can get in such a trade with the Lottery Winning Team - even if it's for just a year.

They have all the power, they don't need to stick to LeBron's/LA's timetable.

Just having a quick mess about on the ESPN trade machine, KCP who would likely be used as ballast by the Lakers due to his salary can't be traded until June, all the rest bar LeBron are on relatively modest contracts

Is KCP allowed to leave LA again? :P

Is KCP allowed to leave LA again? :P

Yes, but he has a trade veto so he can pick where he goes - or not. He can stay in LA until his current contract expires if he likes.

LeBron had a not so subtle dig at hime a while ago about this when Korver was traded from the Cavs.

Just having a quick mess about on the ESPN trade machine, KCP who would likely be used as ballast by the Lakers due to his salary can't be traded until June, all the rest bar LeBron are on relatively modest contracts

Yeah, but that trade veto will kill LA.........

• Advertisement

Honestly I just don't want him going to LA or Boston(sorry Suki :pac:) give a small market a chance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement