Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's ok, they've resigned him....

471865.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kmart6 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1091076348087619585

Sources: New York and Dallas have agreed in principle on a trade sending package around Kristaps Porzingis for Dennis Smith Jr. Wes Matthews, other contracts, and picks going to New York, and Tim Hardaway Jr., Trey Burke among players going to Dallas. Sides finishing final terms.

Woj has a different take: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1091076373765124108

New York has agreed with Dallas on trade that includes Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr., for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN. Players and agents are being notified of particulars. Deal may include more draft assets.

Splash time for the Knicks in the offseason...

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1091075614981926912

Splash time for the Knicks in the offseason...

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1091075614981926912

It's the Knicks, Dolan will f*ck it up in some amusing fashion.

• Advertisement

DyQ9RZGWoAEtz1t.jpg

This actually made me laugh for any NFL followers in here...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1091078539741401088

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wowzers. Need time to digest that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hahahahahaha, holy fúck!

Shedding that much salary suggests they must have the nod from KD. Shocked they let Porzingis go though.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Shedding that much salary suggests they must have the nod from KD. Shocked they let Porzingis go though.

And/Or Kyrie??

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    And/Or Kyrie??

In reality Dolan will deliver Mike Conley and Tobias Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Knicks fan here. Gutted to lose KP but with his injury and seemingly discontent with direction of team it seems to be the right move.

We haven’t been good this year but the future is bright imo. Hope we don’t mess up free agency.

Read this thread every day ��

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I'm only waiting for Jim White to start banging on about it on SkyðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I absolutely love Porzingis and am pretty excited to get to watch him and Luka on the same team.

But more importantly I can now watch him without having to endure the commentary of Walt Frazier.

What is his timeframe for return?

What is his timeframe for return?

There's been talk lately of him potentially being ready within the month but the Knicks wanting to sit him out for the season anyway (which is the right move) and him not being happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Mavs are big fans of the Europeans need to get something going for giannis

And/Or Kyrie??

It's the Knicks, it could be anyone from Kyrie to Adam Sandler.

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    Mavs are big fans of the Europeans need to get something going for giannis

They drafted his brother Kostas with the 60th pick so the tampering has already begun

Calling it now, the Knicks will sign 2 max free agents, with at least one of them definitely being either Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton.

I'd be worried about anyone coming off an ACL tbh, but a 7'3" skinny guy more than most. I can see why the Knicks did this (largely to dump salary), but I'm sure Knicks fans right now are like WTAF? The key to this is the next move and what they do from now to the summer (they're already in tank mode and they've just accelerated it) and in the summer FA. The Knicks being the Knicks though could bring back Melo - joke! Even they couldn't be that stupid......or could they? :pac:;):rolleyes:

It's already made this trade deadline more interesting than last year's. It's the ripple effect that this will have that will be interesting, particularly in the West. Dallas getting Hardaway signals they are going for the Play Offs - they might as well as they don't have their pick. Losing DJ won't be much of a loss and they have plenty of bigs to take his minutes. Most people in this trade are filler or salary dumps. If KP comes back to full health, the Mavs win this trade by a mile. Even if he doesn't and Hardaway replicates his numbers in Dallas you could argue they still win.

I said a few weeks back to wait and see if they shed salary before the Trade Deadline and they've done it in spades. They have to have a commitment from SOMEONE (be that KD, Kyrie or AD).

Calling it now, the Knicks will sign 2 max free agents, with at least one of them definitely being either Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton.

It's Lance. ;)

I think the Knicks are in a pretty advantageous position going into the off-season with the biggest market in the league and a players coach that is well received.

They have multiple assets including some very high picks, their own may well turn out to be No1.

If they do not attract the FA's they want they can draft RJ Barrett, Zion etc and if they can attract some FA's, they could well flip that pick for a 3rd star.

Porzingis irrespective of injury was a fantastic player and I expect him to come back as strong as ever.

However, I think the perception of his production and maybe even his market value is somewhat inflated, I don't think the Mavs got a bad deal per se but Porzingis even before the injury wasn't as good by numbers as many of his peers that were drafted within a couple of years of him. Ceiling is high but it will be interesting to watch develop.

That said I'm also one of the proponents who thinks that we're laughing at Atlanta a little too early over the Doncic trade too.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jonok28

I don't think trading Porzingis is a sign that they know they are getting someone in free agency. To me they saw a deal that would get rid of their terrible contracts, bring them picks and a young prospect and a good center in DeAndre Jordan and they took the deal, I think they aren't 100% sure that KP is going to bounce back from a very serious injury and cashed in accordingly. I do think they could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, they could have gotten better picks and maybe a a number of prospects but this deal gives them flexibility. The one thing I don't understand though is this trade puts them in a better position to win games, KP was being sat for the year, DeAndre Jordan, Dennis Smith Jr and Wesley Matthews can help them win games. I wouldn't be shocked if Matthews gets bought out and DJ gets traded or bought out.

I like Coach Fizdale but I have serious doubts about Steve Mills and Scott Perry and we all know that James Dolan is an absolute disaster, I hope the Knicks land a good Free Agent because just like the Lakers and Celtics and Bulls, The NBA is a fun place when them four teams are good.

jonok28 wrote: »
    I don't think trading Porzingis is a sign that they know they are getting someone in free agency. To me they saw a deal that would get rid of their terrible contracts, bring them picks and a young prospect and a good center in DeAndre Jordan and they took the deal, I think they aren't 100% sure that KP is going to bounce back from a very serious injury and cashed in accordingly. I do think they could have gotten a better deal elsewhere, they could have gotten better picks and maybe a a number of prospects but this deal gives them flexibility. The one thing I don't understand though is this trade puts them in a better position to win games, KP was being sat for the year, DeAndre Jordan, Dennis Smith Jr and Wesley Matthews can help them win games. I wouldn't be shocked if Matthews gets bought out and DJ gets traded or bought out.

I like Coach Fizdale but I have serious doubts about Steve Mills and Scott Perry and we all know that James Dolan is an absolute disaster, I hope the Knicks land a good Free Agent because just like the Lakers and Celtics and Bulls, The NBA is a fun place when them four teams are good.

DeAndre Jordan & Wesley Matthews will both be asked to accept a buyout. They have no intention of utilising them at all though that's not the official word from Perry.
    Expect to see Jordan in LA if he accepts, this is pure contract dumping situation.

DeAndre Jordan & Wesley Matthews will both be asked to accept a buyout. They have no intention of utilising them at all though that's not the official word from Perry.
    Expect to see Jordan in LA if he accepts, this is pure contract dumping situation.

With the Lakers or Clippers? If the Davis deal doesn't happen I don't think DJ goes to the Lakers. If he gets bought out don't be shocked if he goes to Boston or Golden State to chase a ring. Golden State are said to be waiting for the Buy out market to kick in so they can stock the roster even further to get another ring.

jonok28 wrote: »

You obviously haven’t seen DJ play this year if you think anyone would want him, except to tank. Bill Simmons called him “a statue” recently.

• Advertisement

You obviously haven’t seen DJ play this year if you think anyone would want him, except to tank. Bill Simmons called him “a statue” recently.

DJ didn't look motivated with the Mav's at all this season and is still averaging 11 and 14. I think he would get a new lease of life if he went to a contender and was actually playing for something rather than just being a borderline lottery team with the Mavs. Your telling me that the Warriors or Celtics wouldn't take a shot on someone like Jordan off the bench grabbing every rebound in sight and dishing the ball to Kyrie or Curry?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement