Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jonok28

The Pelicans seem like they have no interest in trading Davis and just want to cripple the Lakers if they do trade him. Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, 4 first round picks an 4 second round picks for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill. I think this tactic could really bite the Pelicans in the ass. The Clippers won't have the players to trade for Davis because they are clearing the books for this summer, The Knicks are clearing space to get someone this summer so won't have trade assets outside of their pick. The Bucks don't have the picks or players to get a deal done and Davis said he doesn't want to go to the Celtics.

I think Dell Demps is trying to hold onto his job as long as possible and won't trade til the summer. The one thing the Lakers have shown to Davis is that they were literally ready to go all in to get him and the Pelicans said no and wanted to literally gouge the Lakers for everything that isn't nailed down for Davis. I think Lebron, Rich Paul and Anthony Davis will remember this and push even harder to get to the Lakers in the Summer.

The final card Anthony Davis can play is saying that he will not play for Boston and will never sign an extension there going full Dwight Howard but I don't think he will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »
    Are the Lakers planning on playing the remainder of this season with 4 players or something?

Dyl7JiZV4AUzLWc.jpg:medium

Dyl7JiZV4AUzLWc.jpg:medium

I'm in work and I physically laughed out loud at that hahaha. Well done Sir.

I just listened to the segment Woj did on ESPN about Davis and he mentioned that there could be posturing on both sides. The Pelicans might be chancing their arm to see if they can get the four picks and the Lakers seem to have leaked to the press that they are pessimistic a deal gets done. No way should the Lakers give up Four 1st, Four Seconds, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson and Michael Beasley for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill. 8 picks and 6 players for Davis and Hill? No way. I would rather take my chances in the Off Season.

Supposedly the Lakers have numerous players in waiting in case the Anthony Davis Trade happens. Melo, DeAndre Jordan, Jeremy Lin, Wayne Ellington, Wesley Matthews, Noah Vonleh, Trevor Ariza and Jeff Green. are all possible buy out candidates and if the trade happens I can see alot of players asking for a buy out to get onto the Lakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Four 1st, Four Seconds, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson and Michael Beasley for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill

Its insane really but Rondo, Lance and Beasley have contracts expiring in the summer, Lonzo Ball has said he doesnt want to be there
    So Pels get Kuzma & Ingram and the picks, where they need to feel that one or two of these can become an All Star. Its not like they can attract a max salary type player in the free agency. The Pels had AD for a number of years and only reached the conference semi finals. This was their era, a bit like the Cavs with Lebron but without the success. Tatum and the Boston picks might be more of a sure thing to getting that All Star(s).

• Advertisement

damowill wrote: »
    Four 1st, Four Seconds, Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson and Michael Beasley for Anthony Davis and Solomon Hill

Its insane really but Rondo, Lance and Beasley have contracts expiring in the summer, Lonzo Ball has said he doesnt want to be there
    So Pels get Kuzma & Ingram and the picks, where they need to feel that one or two of these can become an All Star. Its not like they can attract a max salary type player in the free agency. The Pels had AD for a number of years and only reached the conference semi finals. This was their era, a bit like the Cavs with Lebron but without the success. Tatum and the Boston picks might be more of a sure thing to getting that All Star(s).

But that's the thing about Boston, yes they can offer the picks but I am very very weary that they will offer Tatum and to be honest Tatum's stock has fallen this season.

I also very much doubt that they offer Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier and 4 firsts for Davis when there is no guarantee that he even signs there. And this is Danny Ainge we are talking about, this man has ruined two franchises in the last 6 years ( Nets and Cavs) and never seems to come off second best in a trade. Also Davis doesn't want to sign with the Celtics.

Now Sports Illustrated have now came out and said that The Celtics are Refusing to Dangle Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis Trade Talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

John Wall just underwent surgery to repair a ruptured achilles injury that he got from slipping and falling in his house, he's out for 12 months...

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1092846136845627393

Living legend and friend of this forum :D John Wall out for a year.

Given that his new contract kicks in this summer (starting at $38.1 million rising to $41.2m - $44.2m - $47.3m), that's going to be one hell of a costly injury.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1092847319005913088

So the next full season Wall plays will be the last on Bradley Beal's contract.

So the next full season Wall plays will be the last on Bradley Beal's contract.

I'd say Beal will be long gone by the time Wall is back.

• Advertisement

I'd say Beal will be long gone by the time Wall is back.

I still see them trying to persist with him for now tbh, though maybe if they can't get AD the Lakers will look to trade some of their young guys for Beal instead.

Surely at least Otto Porter is on the market now.

I still see them trying to persist with him for now tbh, though maybe if they can't get AD the Lakers will look to trade some of their young guys for Beal instead.

Surely at least Otto Porter is on the market now.

Porter is owed a fair wedge of cash disproportionate to his productivity as well.

SEASON WASHINGTON WIZARDS
    2018/19 $26,011,913
    2019/20 $27,250,576
    2020/21 $28,489,239

Porter is owed a fair wedge of cash disproportionate to his productivity as well.

SEASON WASHINGTON WIZARDS
    2018/19 $26,011,913
    2019/20 $27,250,576
    2020/21 $28,489,239

He's overpaid but I don't think it's by that much, he's a $20m player in my eyes.

As a Portland fan there are some decent packages I can think of to get him that involve getting rid of other awful contracts like Evan Turner's.

He's a really good 3&D player who gets his buckets on extremely low usage, which is exactly what Portland need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

He's overpaid but I don't think it's by that much, he's a $20m player in my eyes.

As a Portland fan there are some decent packages I can think of to get him that involve getting rid of other awful contracts like Evan Turner's.

He's a really good 3&D player who gets his buckets on extremely low usage, which is exactly what Portland need.

Any player who is not a guaranteed starter is not worth 20m under the current salary cap. Porter isn't close to 20m given his current production, he's not a particularly efficient scorer at 46%, 3p has dropped to 37% too, offers up 0.087 win shares per 48 which isn't good either given he averaged double that last year.

He was paid under the assumption that the cap would continue to rise but that hasn't happened yet.
    I suspect the upcoming changes in gambling legislation can't come quick enough for the likes of the Wizards. They'd dump Otto Porter in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It’s such a typical “John Wall” story though isn’t it?

They should have no problem moving him now given his injury history and the worst contract in the league..........:rolleyes:

jonok28 wrote: »
    But that's the thing about Boston, yes they can offer the picks but I am very very weary that they will offer Tatum and to be honest Tatum's stock has fallen this season.

I also very much doubt that they offer Tatum, Brown, Smart, Rozier and 4 firsts for Davis when there is no guarantee that he even signs there. And this is Danny Ainge we are talking about, this man has ruined two franchises in the last 6 years ( Nets and Cavs) and never seems to come off second best in a trade. Also Davis doesn't want to sign with the Celtics.

Now Sports Illustrated have now came out and said that The Celtics are Refusing to Dangle Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis Trade Talks.

Boston teams though have a history of guys going there and loving the city and the fans across all sports, so I wouldn't rule it out fully.

Lakers out of the AD trade apparently, but likely just a negotiating tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

It's 100% a tactic do you think if the pelicans went back in the summer and said here have ad the lakers wouldn't bite their hand off

If the package required to get this done is Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, four 1sts & two 2nds, I think you have to pass on him.

Davis is a fantastic talent and utilising LBJ while you still have time is obviously a must but gutting your entire roster to acquire a guy you can get in the summer for the same deal and/or free in one more year seems excessive.

If they fail to acquire him by the trade deadline then I think shutting LBJ down for the year, showcasing some of the young talent for an extended period and increasing the probability of a higher pick to leverage in a summer trade seems optimal as this roster isn't getting by GSW

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    If the package required to get this done is Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, four 1sts & two 2nds, I think you have to pass on him.

Davis is a fantastic talent and utilising LBJ while you still have time is obviously a must but gutting your entire roster to acquire a guy you can get in the summer for the same deal and/or free in one more year seems excessive.

If they fail to acquire him by the trade deadline then I think shutting LBJ down for the year, showcasing some of the young talent for an extended period and increasing the probability of a higher pick to leverage in a summer trade seems optimal as this roster isn't getting by GSW

They wouldn't get by GS with Davis, LeBron and scrubs.

They clearly feel however they have a chance with him, so I can see why they feel the need to go for it and get 2 shots or more at it. Plus even if they get wiped this year, they have the experience of playing against them.

• Advertisement

They clearly feel however they have a chance with him, so I can see why they feel the need to go for it and get 2 shots or more at it. Plus even if they get wiped this year, they have the experience of playing against them.

True but Davis is comfortably the best player LBJ has had at this disposal since Miami, so I suspect they push GSW irrespective of the complementary pieces but ultimately fall short.

I'm not quite sure but perhaps acquiring Davis increases the probability of acquiring Kyrie or Kawhi in the summer (perhaps it's a deterrent) but there could be further meta-games there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Lebron likes his big 3s itl be lebron,Davis+another

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

LeBron to start throwing his toys out of the pram now that he hasn’t got his superstar teammate exactly when he wanted him in 3, 2, 1....

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Picked up a ticket for 76ers v Raps. Heading to the arena now :)

LeBron to start throwing his toys out of the pram now that he hasn’t got his superstar teammate exactly when he wanted him in 3, 2, 1....

He’s never played on a super team.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

They got smashed by the pacers without their best player last night. LBJ suffered his biggest defeat in his career. I'd say the young guys are seriously demoralized and having a guy in the dressing room that wants to trade them all must be toxic. Good win by the raptors last night and Hayward looked good last night albeit against the Cavs.

They got smashed by the pacers without their best player last night. LBJ suffered his biggest defeat in his career. I'd say the young guys are seriously demoralized and having a guy in the dressing room that wants to trade them all must be toxic.

The Pacers without Oladipo win by 42 and the headline in nba.com is “LeBron suffers biggest loss in NBA career”. FFS. This is the kind of pandering to him and ego promoting ass-licking that lets him think he can behave as he does.

The locker room bust up in GS was apparently worse than originally reported as per several pods. You have several shall we say volatile guys on 1 year deals arguing over minutes ;important to them in fairness if they’re in 1 year deals), their teammates and acting GM actively trying to trade them whilst resting himself (“calm before the storm” social post) and if the AD trade falls through he’ll be like “JaVale, Rondo, Lance, Beasley...I always believed in you guys” and “hey youngsters, you know I got your back”.

And now it seems they want - wait for it - Jason Kidd it Mark Jackson (both Klutch guys - just a coincidence!!!) to be the next coach! Both are terrible coaches! They’re worse than terrible actually, they’re both jokes. He can’t evaluate players and he can’t evaluate coaches.

This is why people (other than Klutch clients) don’t want to play with LeBron.

LAKERS TRADE CONFIRMED BY ESPN

The Los Angeles Lakers agreed to a trade Tuesday night, but it wasn't the one many of their fans were hoping for.

Amid all the Anthony Davis talk, the Lakers agreed in principle to trade guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a second-round draft pick to the Detroit Pistons for guard Reggie Bullock, a source confirmed to The Undefeated's Marc Spears.

The deal gives LeBron James & Co. a much-needed 3-point threat.

And again, look at the language. “The deal gives LeBron James & Co. a much-needed 3-point threat.”, LeBron, not the Lakers. It has to be deliberate because it happens all the time.

Oh....

While Memphis has most seriously continued dialogue with Utah and Detroit on Mike Conley trade packages, the Raptors called Memphis offering Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas for Conley and Marc Gasol, per league sources. Lowry is aware of Toronto’s general trade discussions.

Lowry will explode if that happens....

• Advertisement

Per Woj:
    Sources: Clippers and Sixers have agreed to trade Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, 2020 first-rounder, 2021 unprotected 1st via Miami and two second rounders.

Gives Philly a serious starting five, also allows Clips flexibility to get involved in the Davis sweepstakes (it'd be hilarious if Davis and Kawhi ended up there just to see Lakers fans heads explode)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement