Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »
    If they’d stop winning games they’d have a chance! :pac:

Presuming we don’t get #1 and Zion is gone, Morant would be the next best choice for the Bulls. He looks like he’d be a great fit and in a position of need.

Agreed, Morant may not be the best player available but he's the player the Bulls need most (Porter has been surprisingly useful since he signed on so that may be the SF need boxed off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

No matter what I think they're going to end up with a great player. Morant would appear to be the best fit but if Morant goes #2 and they end up with someone like Barrett or even Reddish they're going to have a very versatile gem of a player no matter what. I honestly think not getting Zion could be a good thing as it'll probably end up pushing Lauri to the 5 which I think would be a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Angliru wrote: »
    No matter what I think they're going to end up with a great player. Morant would appear to be the best fit but if Morant goes #2 and they end up with someone like Barrett or even Reddish they're going to have a very versatile gem of a player no matter what. I honestly think not getting Zion could be a good thing as it'll probably end up pushing Lauri to the 5 which I think would be a waste.

If Phoenix are ahead of us (but not #1) in the draft I can see them taking Morant as they have a similar need, anyone else probably takes Barrett, Reddish or Hachimura ahead of him,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

I think I'm almost ready to go wayyyyy out on the limb with the claim that Trae Young will end up as a better NBA player than Luka.

The clear lack of defensive ability is holding me back but I will be somewhat sacrilegious and say that I think Trae will end up as a more productive offensive player than Luka.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Bogut to most likely fill Warriors roster spot, I absolutely LOVE it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I think it's fair to say the Lakers are definitely not making the playoffs after last night:-D Montrez Harrell killed them.

I think it's fair to say the Lakers are definitely not making the playoffs after last night:-D Montrez Harrell killed them.

Obviously being happy about it is incredibly infantile but I do think they're gone. Not even playoff Rondo could save them

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Obviously being happy about it is incredibly infantile but I do think they're gone. Not even playoff Rondo could save them

Your posts always give me a good laugh.

Your posts always give me a good laugh.

Is that it?? I thought someone who trolls with childish one liners would at least have a somewhat witty riposte.

Is that it?? I thought someone who trolls with childish one liners would at least have a somewhat witty riposte.

The fact that you called me "incredibly childish" because I dislike a team when people have disliked teams since the beginning of sport and may I add that it's perfectly normal to do so says more about you than me.

• Advertisement

The fact that you called me "incredibly childish" because I dislike a team when people have disliked teams since the beginning of sport and may I add that it's perfectly normal to do so says more about you than me.

Well at a more overarching level, the frequency with which people dislike teams does not make it a worthwhile endeavour and I stand by the observation that watching basketball hoping for the failure of a team opposed to the success of another is pretty fruitless. That seems like a somewhat subtle but obvious difference.

Additionally on a more personal level, I think that your disdain for the Lakers is displayed in a pretty childish manner through one line quips. For contrast Butters dislikes LBJ and although I don't agree with much of what he says he does far more to make a case than childish one liners.

I'm not quite sure what my responses say about me tbh but happy to engage if you want to elaborate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some win for the Suns last night!

s34n2Q.jpg

Well at a more overarching level, the frequency with which people dislike teams does not make it a worthwhile endeavour and I stand by the observation that watching basketball hoping for the failure of a team opposed to the success of another is pretty fruitless. That seems like a somewhat subtle but obvious difference.

Additionally on a more personal level, I think that your disdain for the Lakers is displayed in a pretty childish manner through one line quips. For contrast Butters dislikes LBJ and although I don't agree with much of what he says he does far more to make a case than childish one liners.

I'm not quite sure what my responses say about me tbh but happy to engage if you want to elaborate.

Quite a leap there. Who said I don't have a team and I just watch It to see a team fail? Actually I do support a team.
    Also, disdain is too strong a word, I don't hate or disdain any team however to dislike a team is perfectly normal.
    As for your "childish one liners" argument, this is boards.ie, if you want to read an in depth analysis I suggest you visit another page. They are also "childish" according to you, I did say Harrell had a great game, what more do you expect me to do?give a complete quarter by quarter rundown of the game? There are a lot of people on here that post one line posts.

Quite a leap there. Who said I don't have a team and I just watch It to see a team fail? Actually I do support a team.
    Also, disdain is too strong a word, I don't hate or disdain any team however to dislike a team is perfectly normal.
    As for your "childish one liners" argument, this is boards.ie, if you want to read an in depth analysis I suggest you visit another page. They are also "childish" according to you, I did say Harrell had a great game, what more do you expect me to do?give a complete quarter by quarter rundown of the game? There are a lot of people on here that post one line posts.

It's hardly a leap if you didn't state it? You did however state/insinuate numerous times that you're happy the Lakers are losing. So no, it's not really a leap at all.

In response to your observation that boards.ie is full of people who post one-line responses, I would echo a similar sentiment as my reponse above. The frequency with which people respond in one-liners does not mean it is a worthwhile endeavour and I stand by my previous observations.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,341 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

They probably should shut LeBron down. 18 games left, 14 - 4 wouldn't even do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah Kobe ended his career over-exerting himself to get the Lakers into the playoffs, only for them to get swept in the first round anyway. Why risk a big injury to LeBron just in the hopes of getting swept by the Warriors in round one.

He’d surely benefit from a couple extra months off at this stage in his career. Get some help in the summer and come back after the longest period off he’s enjoyed since high school for the last couple of years.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He’d surely benefit from a couple extra months off at this stage in his career. Get some help in the summer and come back after the longest period off he’s enjoyed since high school for the last couple of years.

Let's say the AD trade doesn't happen what's the option? Boogie??

I think Kawhi stays or goes to The Clippers

Let's say the AD trade doesn't happen what's the option? Boogie??

I think Kawhi stays or goes to The Clippers

It’s Kawhi or AD, Boogie isn’t good enough to be the second option on a title winning team imo.

Looking forward to Lakers somehow hitting the lottery pick, drafting Zion and then LeBron trades the rest of the roster for AD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,743 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Looking forward to Lakers somehow hitting the lottery pick, drafting Zion and then LeBron trades the rest of the roster for AD.

Or they trade Zion for another star ala Wiggins for KLove.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Haha, I was only saying this to a mate earlier. You could just see them fluking into a high pick in the lottery! :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Haha, I was only saying this to a mate earlier. You could just see them fluking into a high pick in the lottery! :pac:

My boss is American, very intelligent analytical guy, basically one of the least likely guys to buy into any conspiracy theory.

However he is fully convinced that the lottery is or at least has been rigged at various points in basketball history.
    I'm not convinced at all but he's so adamant, ridiculous if he is right.

He is fully convinced the Knicks are a lock to get Zion

Yeah I know a few people who think it'll be Zion and Durant at the Knicks and maybe even Kyrie. Not a massive stretch by any means tbh. Anyone have a line for Knicks to win the championship next year? :pac:

Congrats to LeBron for overtaking Jordan. If he stays healthy he should become #1 when all is said and done.

Also Zach Lavine is turning into one of the most enjoyable players to watch. Another beast of a performance from him last night.

Yeah I know a few people who think it'll be Zion and Durant at the Knicks and maybe even Kyrie. Not a massive stretch by any means tbh. Anyone have a line for Knicks to win the championship next year? :pac:

Congrats to LeBron for overtaking Jordan. If he stays healthy he should become #1 when all is said and done.

Also Zach Lavine is turning into one of the most enjoyable players to watch. Another beast of a performance from him last night.

Get ready for the lynching.

Also on the Knicks I suspect they should be 80/1 shot still but I assume no market is available in Europe immediately cut to single digits if either commits though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Get ready for the lynching.

Also on the Knicks I suspect they should be 80/1 shot still but I assume no market is available in Europe immediately cut to single digits if either commits though

I’m guessing he just means becoming number 1 in points scored. There is no debate on the number one player ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Jimmy Butler trade, considering the draft pick was turned into Lauri, doesn’t look anywhere near as bad now although even though our hand was forced by the Kings, LaVine’s contract is a bit mad.

I never, ever thought I’d have cause to give GarPax any praise, but there you go :pac:

If the Bulls could land Morant in the draft it would give them a potential starting 5 of:

PG: Morant
    SG: LaVine
    SF: Porter
    PF: Lauri
    C: Carter

It remains to be seen how Carter will develop, but that would be a nice and exciting young core anyway.

I’m guessing he just means becoming number 1 in points scored. There is no debate on the number one player ever.

And so it begins....

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you think he's not No1.
    Full disclosure, I don't believe he is either but I'm actually open to the possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

LBJ gets way too much air time. Congrats to him on passing MJ on scoring list, but it took over 100 games more to do it. Lakers have no hope of making the playoffs.
    Rockets for the championship this year.

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    LBJ gets way too much air time. Congrats to him on passing MJ on scoring list, but it took over 100 games more to do it. Lakers have no hope of making the playoffs.
    Rockets for the championship this year.

That's a terrible argument against LBJ for anything. His game is not nearly as predicated on scoring as MJ.

I agree about air time but it's fuelled by those who love to hate him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement