Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great fight back in the end from the Warriors.

Don't like that call on Cousins for interference.

I struggle to see the Warriors winning the next two with the lack of bodies, those they have look wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Toronto missed a lot of 3s tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I would be embarrassed if anyone saw how I reacted, my voice is gone. 91 degrees here and Iam out in the street shouting with my top off, wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

The feel of OKC 2016 again.

If they win this I could easily see them winning 5 or 6 in a row, like Mercedes in F1.

Don't think that would happen. League is built for it not to, going to be a struggle to keep the roster they have together and need to get a lot more depth. Have to factor guys are old, Iggy, Livingston, Bogut, they need some youth that can push the pass when starters are sitting.

• Advertisement

I would be embarrassed if anyone saw how I reacted, my voice is gone. 91 degrees here and Iam out in the street shouting with my top off, wow
    If I'm keeping track Thursday's game is your friends tickets is it? I'd be in two minds on whether I'd want to go or cash out, think I'd be looking at cashing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

kmart6 wrote: »
    If I'm keeping track Thursday's game is your friends tickets is it? I'd be in two minds on whether I'd want to go or cash out, think I'd be looking at cashing out.

What sort of money will the tickets fetching for a game such as Thursday?

Yep, he was saying that we would go if we won since it’s the last game ever there but he will get $$$$$$ I am thinking maybe $2000 a ticket, that’s $6000
    Minimum $1500 each iam thinking

Hard to turn that down!

Yeah it's a lot of cash, what price do you guys pay per ticket again?

• Advertisement

Pay extra for playoffs, I think it’s around $300 per ticket for our seats, they are decent lower level seats
    Anyone in SF next year, I’ll happily take someone to a game if it works out, i have two tickets with a friend for the season

Pay extra for playoffs, I think it’s around $300 per ticket for our seats, they are decent lower level seats
    Anyone in SF next year, I’ll happily take someone to a game if it works out, i have two tickets with a friend for the season

Nice mark up then and I know you mentioned tax benefits before so that's a great deal.

I think I'm in San Jose in a few weeks, I was hoping to get there in April but it didn't work out. Annoying I'll miss any bball unless I manage to catch a Zion preseason game

Hitch2222 wrote: »
    Nice mark up then and I know you mentioned tax benefits before so that's a great deal.

I think I'm in San Jose in a few weeks, I was hoping to get there in April but it didn't work out. Annoying I'll miss any bball unless I manage to catch a Zion preseason game

Yea, tax benefits have changed so it no longer applies, that’s why there are only two of us next year with two tickets, the other two guys were just in it for the money
    It will be so much easier for me to get to games next year, quick train ride to new stadium so I’ll be going a lot more, heading to oracle can be a nightmare with traffic

Pretty cool to watch videos from Oracle now, real fans watching game there and they are getting down right now...lol

Jesus, bob myers is crying right now in his interview about Durant, wtf
    Myers is warriors gm by the way

It’s a torn Achilles most likely, that really sucks

Yeah was watching it there and don't know what to make of it

Hard to see a team giving KD a max and losing a full year basically, as well as taking on the risk of not knowing how the recovery goes. As bad is it is this it could actually favour the Warriors chances of holding on to him, get him back for the Playoffs next season.

Serious effort by Green on the last shot.....

https://twitter.com/ScottStrazzante/status/1138293172080193536?s=19

Hard to see a team giving KD a max and losing a full year basically, as well as taking on the risk of not knowing how the recovery goes. As bad is it is this it could actually favour the Warriors chances of holding on to him, get him back for the Playoffs next season.

Yea,!its a bit all over the place right now, I agree it benefits the Warriors right now but at the end of the day, everyone is a loser.
    I also think Durant is a little miss understood, everyone thought he would leave but I also think he would of equally had just a good a chance of staying, media makes their own narrative.

On the next game, warriors look spent but I think with a big crowd and curry and Thompson knocking down 3s, it’s game on, give boogie credit for putting on a big performance, he has struggled at times but he is doing well, he has had a torn Achilles and a bad quad injury, the man is doing well

• Advertisement

Serious effort by Green on the last shot.....

https://twitter.com/ScottStrazzante/status/1138293172080193536?s=19

He picked up a dumb technical, if they manage to win the next game he better not get another and miss a game 7
    He was immense though, he has some massive balls and commitment

Curry’s interview is brilliant, god damn it, I love that man, pure and utter class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

How did they lose that. Haunting.

Awful news about Durant, that close up video is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,339 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Superb effort by the Warriors. Gritty dogged determined stuff in the last few minutes. If Durant’s body had held up, as he looked in rhythm the few minutes he was on...

As it is, Toronto need to regather themselves and do their thing Thursday to close it out. The Warriors probably need to make Green / Curry / Thompson go close to 48 mins in game 6. Toronto just need to be calm and execute.

Toronto threw that away
    Nurse is getting ripped in canadian sports media for calling that time out with 3 minutes left. Broke up the momentum. Final play was awful. All they need is a 2 and they end up with a low percentage three.
    A few positives. They kost likely wont shoot the three that bad again. They dont fear the oracle having won their four times this year. Warriors look beat up. Looney seems cleared to play but looked in poor shape last night physically.
    Still two cracks at the can+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Praying for an absolutely bonkers Game 6 in Oracle Thursday! A Warriors win and super intense Game 7 in Toronto would make these finals an all-timer.

leggo wrote: »
    Praying for an absolutely bonkers Game 6 in Oracle Thursday! A Warriors win and super intense Game 7 in Toronto would make these finals an all-timer.

Stop...I couldn't handle it! A handy Raptors blow out on Thursday will do me fine! :D

46.3% to 25% in terms of 3pt percentage. Warriors were outmatched everywhere except the 3 point line and even then they needed the Raptors to shoot well below their average (34.4% this postseason) from 3. Still think they will win but f me, another 60 hours of this fricking stress and then potentially more after that, my output in work has just shut down and I have been open with my manager about it and he is actually OK with it thankfully:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dust is settling and I think if Warriors lost that I would be sour, some really dodgy calls out there, Leonard look like he had an obvious travel and the moving screen on Cousins was the most ridiculous call I’ve seen in a long long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This is turning into a super finals, still think (hope) raps do it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement