Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

Dust is settling and I think if Warriors lost that I would be sour, some really dodgy calls out there, Leonard look like he had an obvious travel and the moving screen on Cousins was the most ridiculous call I’ve seen in a long long time.

The NBA 2 minute report said they missed a call and Gasol should have gone to the line for 2 (when they were 1 point down)

Honestly, the officiating has just been shocking all round in the regular season and playoffs, some games are borderline unwatchable with atrocious officiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The NBA 2 minute report said they missed a call and Gasol should have gone to the line for 2 (when they were 1 point down)

Honestly, the officiating has just been shocking all round in the regular season and playoffs, some games are borderline unwatchable with atrocious officiating.

I agree, the lack of consistency is shocking.
    That moving screen call on Cousins was one of the strangest things I’ve seen in an NBA final, imagine that call won them the series, then in the other end on the last play, the amount of pulling and moving screens the raptors pulled was crazy, I don’t mind it but it needs to be called both ways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I agree, the lack of consistency is shocking.
    That moving screen call on Cousins was one of the strangest things I’ve seen in an NBA final, imagine that call won them the series, then in the other end on the last play, the amount of pulling and moving screens the raptors pulled was crazy, I don’t mind it but it needs to be called both ways

My heart went out to Cousins there. He must’ve felt like they just had it in for him and now it was going to cost them a Championship...and it absolutely should have, Toronto **** the bed on that last play (although easy for me to say from here). It was fascinating drama though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The refereeing has been poor throughout but I do think it has favored the Raptors. There have been multiple missed Leonard travels in particular, some of which led to absolutely crucial baskets at critical times. The Cousins moving screen call was shocking, do much so every single pod I listened to yesterday condemned it. It wasn’t even blatant. To make a call like that in a game of that magnitude was just appalling.

I watched the whole game last night, too busy to comment more right now but I will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On a side note, I see that Leonard taking a case against Nike for ownership of the Klaw logo. Interesting (at least for a nerd like me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yep, he was saying that we would go if we won since it’s the last game ever there but he will get $$$$$$ I am thinking maybe $2000 a ticket, that’s $6000
    Minimum $1500 each iam thinking
    Did you give in and are going to go to the last ever game in Oracle or are drinks on you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Destiny awaits.
    Will we see a first time winner on away turf clinch a championship like the Stanley Cup last night?

I've lived a couple hours from Toronto for 11 years now. Huge sports fan in Ireland and initially took to hockey and the Leafs (for my sins) and later got into the other Toronto teams. The Jays run in 2015 was brilliant, loved TFC's MLS victory but this is another level.
    Also, love the fact that the Raptors represents all of Toronto and beyond. I find hockey to be a white mans game but for the basketball you see all races, epitomized by our super fan, Nav Bhatia.

Hope to god they pull it off tonight! Would mark a great year after Liverpool winning the Champions League and maybe Galway would top it off with the Liam McCarthy in September! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,644 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

KD set to miss the entirety of next season... really complicates his upcoming free agency. Does a team still max him or does he take his player option with the Warriors and try free agency next summer when he's fit?

KD set to miss the entirety of next season... really complicates his upcoming free agency. Does a team still max him or does he take his player option with the Warriors and try free agency next summer when he's fit?

they are saying the knicks and brooklyn are still willing to pay him max despite the year out. Kyrie and KD in a couple years for brooklyn would be scary. And if Kawhi stays with toronto, then you'd also have embiid and giannis playing in the east. Would completely flip the west coast dominance.

they are saying the knicks and brooklyn are still willing to pay him max despite the year out. Kyrie and KD in a couple years for brooklyn would be scary. And if Kawhi stays with toronto, then you'd also have embiid and giannis playing in the east. Would completely flip the west coast dominance.

Does that make LeBron a visionary for going West when everyone said he was mad to or does it mean everyone is seeing blood in the East without him and clogging that up? Such an interesting dynamic emerging for the next few years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Don't think I could cope if it goes to a game 7. Toronto either win tonight or they get slaughtered in a game 7.

Angliru wrote: »
    Don't think I could cope if it goes to a game 7. Toronto either win tonight or they get slaughtered in a game 7.

I’m done trying to seriously predict, I’ve no idea. I want Golden State to win tonight to set up a game 7 that I think Toronto win, but my head says Toronto win handily enough tonight on evidence. This series deserves an epic tonight and a game 7 though. Imagine we got a bonkers game 6 like Miami/SA a few years back!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Did you give in and are going to go to the last ever game in Oracle or are drinks on you? :pac:

I wish, just in the door from work, bbq and a few beers now to get ready.
    These tickets were the my friends (we get every other game for playoffs), he sold them for $1600 each I think, not a bad days work

Iam pretty relaxed right now, Warriors have acquitted themselves pretty well this series and shown why they are one of the best team ever. My head tells me that they may just have run out of steam, Warriors will need a lot more input from the bench and cousins needs to have a solid game

Iam pretty relaxed right now, Warriors have acquitted themselves pretty well this series and shown why they are one of the best team ever. My head tells me that they may just have run out of steam, Warriors will need a lot more input from the bench and cousins needs to have a solid game

How do you think draymond will play with the fouls looming over him? Have to imagine toronto will try to exploit

How do you think draymond will play with the fouls looming over him? Have to imagine toronto will try to exploit

I don’t think he will change a thing, I don’t think he knows how which is good and bad. He really needs to keep his composure when things start getting chippy, you just know one of the refs will be dying to give him a technical.

I think Klay could go for a big number tonight, maybe 40pts but to be honest I’ve no idea how this will go, normally you would think Toronto would be rattled but Leonard has ice running through his veins, won’t phase him

I think leonard has bought that to the whole team aswell. Dont think I've seen an athlete as composed as that guy. Maybe brady with all his clutch plays down the years

I think leonard has bought that to the whole team aswell. Dont think I've seen an athlete as composed as that guy. Maybe brady with all his clutch plays down the years

Yea, I agree, at least Brady shows emotion, this man just doesn’t get phased, you could punch him in the face and he would shrug it off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

What ch is it on, bt showed the last few games but not tonight
    Found it on sky sports arena

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What ch is it on, bt showed the last few games but not tonight

Sky Sports Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Some start by lowry

Ridiculous start for the Raptors here.

Warriors will take that 1st considering how it started. If that Curry heave had went in it would have been some kick in the balls for the Raptors.

Nurse seems very worked up on the sideline so far, wonder can he contain it if the Warriors get a few home town calls.

This could be another classic, Raptors ain’t messing around, they are here to play. Warriors doing pretty well also, Curry a little quite which I love, I rather he get his points late

This could be another classic, Raptors ain’t messing around, they are here to play. Warriors doing pretty well also, Curry a little quite which I love, I rather he get his points late

Yeah seems like that kinda game, he's just being a bit tricky now and opening it up for others but seems poised to do damage. Loved that full court shot attempt to end the 1st, can see him having one of those nights where he goes off in the 3rd.

Warriors are being incredibly sloppy with possession again.

Only one winner if the Raptors can keep this up from 3.

If I am a Raptors fan, iam very happy right now, playing well, knocking down shots, solid so far, they are getting wide open looks.

Kawhi’s fouling could be the difference maker here...

Kawhi and steph in single digits. Kyle has been unreal

I can’t handle this, I’ll be drunk soon at least

• Advertisement

Shocking refereeing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement