Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bucks trade Delly and Henson AND picks for George Hill in a salary dump trade. Dekkard to Washington makes up the rest of the trade.

Looks like a serious overpay unless they’re going to make a move - I just hope for them it’s this season and not next. Houston is a classic case of how small the window can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Doncic last night was amazing, kids crazy good for his age.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Doncic last night was amazing, kids crazy good for his age.

He’s phenomenal - the difference between the Mavs when he was on the court vs off was huge.

Doncic? Told ya! ;)

I said pre-draft that anyone who passed on him would regret it and I think that will be proven to be true.

Heard on a some pod last week that only two players 20 or under in league history have his Pts-Reb-Ast numbers - LeBron and Magic. That's pretty elite company.

Lakers trying to get Ariza immediately the 15th (when he's eligible to be traded). Very strange that the Suns seem so keen to help the Lakers when they suck so much. First Chandler, now this. Sure give them Booker too while you're at it...... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There are at least 8 teams trying to get him, Lakers just make the headlines because they're the Lakers.

First Kyrie the Flat Earther, now Steph is talking about how he believes the moon landing never happened. Next we'll have Westbrook talking about the JFK assassination being a hoax.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

After 2 years of watching NBA and not supporting a team I'm gonna settle with the Thunder

There are at least 8 teams trying to get him, Lakers just make the headlines because they're the Lakers.

Oh yeah for sure, but there’s also the LeBron James and James Jones connection, so of course people will talk. He could easily end up back at the Rockets too.

Watched a very funny Stephen A. interview with Rick Carlisle earlier after the Doncic close out v Houston. Stephen A. is up to the usual Stephen A. nonsense, but the comments are just hilarious. Would link but on mobile, worth looking for. ;)

• Advertisement

Reading and listening to pods about the Chicago fun and games since Boylen was appointed Head Coach - WTAF is going on there? Hoiberg must be p*ssing himself laughing at the shlt show that it’s been since he left. Boylen must think he’s coaching under 15s if he thinks this stuff is going to work. He apparently has full head office support and contract for this and next season but if he keeps this up he’ll be gone as the players have too much power in the modern game. Just when you think things couldn’t be any worse in Chicago, GarPax prove you wrong.

Give me the confidence of these average Lakers players

https://streamable.com/ifrh8

Give me the confidence of these average Lakers players

https://streamable.com/ifrh8

Lance.....:rolleyes:

Lonzo.....I really think there's still huge potential here as a passer/playmaker. The execution was poor there but nothing wrong with the idea of the pass. What bothers me is he had a clear path to the basket and should be taking the lay up there even if it would be contested. I've seen him do this more than once now. It's great guys look to pass first, but you have to take the gimmes.

Lance.....:rolleyes:

Lonzo.....I really think there's still huge potential here as a passer/playmaker. The execution was poor there but nothing wrong with the idea of the pass. What bothers me is he had a clear path to the basket and should be taking the lay up there even if it would be contested. I've seen him do this more than once now. It's great guys look to pass first, but you have to take the gimmes.

Did you see his open layup from earlier in the game?

https://streamable.com/lddpi

Did you see his open layup from earlier in the game?

https://streamable.com/lddpi

Nope, I missed that. Shocking at that level but it happens to better players than him to be fair.

He had a play on Shaqtin' recently where with no defender between him and the basket he passed backwards to Tyson Chandler who fumbled it (maybe a bit harsh on Chandler but between them they messed it up). Now that's ok if you're setting a guy up for a dunk etc. - but this wasn't one of those plays.

It's not easy play with LeBron though in any position, but his especially. LeBron is taking away an awful lot of Lonzo's touches and impacting his development.

Toronto (without Leonard) beat the Clippers fairly easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Lonzo is a poor man's Ben Simmons.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Clippers fishing for a big star apparently they have had an employee at 75 percent of raptors games this season.I wonder would Kawhi go there or would he look for a bigger market.

Clippers fishing for a big star apparently they have had an employee at 75 percent of raptors games this season.I wonder would Kawhi go there or would he look for a bigger market.

There is no bigger market than LA. Not even NY.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,270 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He’s going to LA alright...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

There is no bigger market than LA. Not even NY.

I know L.A is a big market but the clippers are in the lakers shadow there

I know L.A is a big market but the clippers are in the lakers shadow there

The Clippers have brought Lee Jenkins from SI on board, they're doing a lot of work at community level in LA to build the brand, Kawhi is from Cali, there's a lot of superstars who don't want to play with or be second fiddle to LeBron, they have an ambitious (maybe crazy!) owner, they'll have two max slots available next summer and they're aiming for the stars.....I could see them landing Kawhi or KD, maybe even both tbh. I wouldn't rule anything out with them going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

another good win for the Celtics, with both Kyrie and Wall excellent , especially the last quarter. The Celtics definitely look better IMO with Smart and Morris in the starting lineup. I know it was not the most difficult run of games :pac: , but they still had to be won. Seven in a row now, with Atlanta at home next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Great win, Kyrie has some bottle to hit those two big threes in OT, great game, the missus killed me for being up till 2.30, Celtics winning in OT didn't mean much to her though. Marcus Morris is a great player, those rebound flicks in are sick.

Looks like they're finding a rhythm and allowing Hayward to continue to ease back in. Long way to go though, they've had a very easy stretch....but you'll take it as a fan.

West is wild. A few weeks ago Portland were the #1 seed, now they're out of the Play Off Bracket. An injury or a couple of wins/losses back to back will see major movement in that conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Raptors laid it down last night...even without Kawhi. He's going nowhere...great white north dynasty!

Raptors laid it down last night...even without Kawhi. He's going nowhere...great white north dynasty!

Was up until 1am watching it and was then too amped up to get to sleep. Throwback to my NBA watching days when I was in Ireland.

Have to say it was very sweet watching the warriors fans streaming out the arena with 5 and a half minutes left.

And it was without Kawhi, and it was a back to back!

Still think we need one more 3 point shooter who we can rely on, CJ Miles just hasn't found it this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Was up until 1am watching it and was then too amped up to get to sleep. Throwback to my NBA watching days when I was in Ireland.

Have to say it was very sweet watching the warriors fans streaming out the arena with 5 and a half minutes left.

And it was without Kawhi, and it was a back to back!

Still think we need one more 3 point shooter who we can rely on, CJ Miles just hasn't found it this season

Yeah, I'd agree. A bit more strength with the 3 coming off the bench, although I wouldnt be surprised if they dipped into the transfer market before the playoffs.
    Last night was a huge statement though. I know they beat them a few weeks ago at home but Warriors were missing Steph and Green. And to do it on the back of beating the clippers..unreal. Would leave to see them steamroll the next two and take a clean sweep of the western tour.

Huge win for Toronto last night, esp. psychologically.

My fear for them is they're this good in December.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

James Harden got 50 pts 11 ast and 10 reb against the Lakers last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement