Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard-wearing leather boot.

• 16-10-2018 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im very hard on my shoes and they never seem to last very long. I usually get 6 to 8 months before I wear out the soles. I usually spent about 80 quid a pair.

I have an office job but do a lot of walking.

Im considering spending 200 or 300 or maybe a little more on a decent leather pair of boots which I would be able to re sole when I wear them out. I'd hope to wear these pretty much constantly outside of work... Weekends and evenings.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Is this a good idea?

Was thinking something like Iron Wing Rangers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Hi folks,

Im very hard on my shoes and they never seem to last very long. I usually get 6 to 8 months before I wear out the soles. I usually spent about 80 quid a pair.

I have an office job but do a lot of walking.

Im considering spending 200 or 300 or maybe a little more on a decent leather pair of boots which I would be able to re sole when I wear them out. I'd hope to wear these pretty much constantly outside of work... Weekends and evenings.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Is this a good idea?

Was thinking something like Iron Wing Rangers.

you cant beat a pair of black doc martin's, theyre dear but their worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭Esel

you cant beat a pair of black doc martin's, theyre dear but their worth it

Dr. Martens cannot be resoled. Not really office wear either, imo.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Gmaximum

Barker and loake both make shoes that last for ages. Barker will refurbish their shoes too

I’m very hard on shoes too and have generally found resoling in the local cobblers (no matter how good they are) don’t last long

Regardless of what you buy, try not to wear every day and use a shoe tree when not wearing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Gmaximum wrote: »
    Barker and loake both make shoes that last for ages. Barker will refurbish their shoes too

I’m very hard on shoes too and have generally found resoling in the local cobblers (no matter how good they are) don’t last long

Regardless of what you buy, try not to wear every day and use a shoe tree when not wearing them

Went with Red Wing Iron Rangers in the end. 300 big ones but they are very nice. We will see how long they last, they seem very rugged.

Advertisement