Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging Second Person in a Room

Options
  • 16-10-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I am the acting landlord, on my sisters behalf, that live with the other tenants in a four bedroom house.

One of the tenants would have her boyfriend in the house at least 5 days a weeks over the past number of months. She was paying €300 per month and sharing the bills equally with all the other housemates and I.

Her boyfriend wasn't paying any rent or contributing to the bills.

I said it to him last month that since he was in the house as often as anyone else that he should be paying his way.

I decided to charge the room from €300 to €350 per month, and to contribute equally for the bills.

This week he has started a course and will be leaving the house on Monday morning and back Friday evening each week.

Should I still charge €350 per month or charge them less than that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 petalini

Are u mad!! Of course you should. That and possibly more. He's saving an absolute fortune staying with her,and it's an intrusion for the other people staying there. Nip it in the bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I'd be thinking closer to 450 otherwise no more than two nights a week

Advertisement