Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered high speed fiber - not delivered

Options
  • 16-10-2018 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi ordered fiber on the web chat and told salesperson that a fiber cabinet was located within 20m of the property. I told salesperson that high speed was essential as a business is operated from the property. He said they would arrange. After 3 call outs KN linked me to a cabinet 1.4km away. As such speed is worse than 3G! Can Eir link me to the nearby cabinet which I know has availability and ducting or else cancel my order as is my entitlement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Parkender wrote: »
    Hi ordered fiber on the web chat and told salesperson that a fiber cabinet was located within 20m of the property. I told salesperson that high speed was essential as a business is operated from the property. He said they would arrange. After 3 call outs KN linked me to a cabinet 1.4km away. As such speed is worse than 3G! Can Eir link me to the nearby cabinet which I know has availability and ducting or else cancel my order as is my entitlement?
    Hi Parkender, 

Unfortunately, this is not something that can be arranged. Your address would be tied to a specific cabinet and this can't be changed for infrastructure purposes.

If you wish to cancel the order our customer care team via 1901 will be able to talk you through your options. 

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement