Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emergency tax.

• 16-10-2018 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hi all,does any one know roughly how long emergency tax lasts? I've been on a part time government scheme (TUS)for the last six weeks and have been paying emergency tax,it started off E12 a week shortfall but has risen for the last two weeks to over E40.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

glaswegian wrote: »
    Hi all,does any one know roughly how long emergency tax lasts? I've been on a part time government scheme (TUS)for the last six weeks and have been paying emergency tax,it started off E12 a week shortfall but has risen for the last two weeks to over E40.

cheers.

You can see the emergency tax rates here:
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/documents/emergency-rates.pdf

Get yourself set up for myAccount on www.revenue.ie, add your job through jobs and pensions, and that will get you off emergency tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Thanks mr Diddakoi,Thanks for the link but I don't really know how to read those figures,e.g. the cut off point.
    thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Thanks mr Diddakoi,Thanks for the link but I don't really know how to read those figures,e.g. the cut off point.
    thanks.

Basically means as the weeks go on you pay more tax, usc + PRSI.

Weeks 1-4 you get a cut off point and
    credits.
    Weeks 4-8 you get a cut off point, but no credits.
    Then from week 9 onwards you get no cut off point, no credits, and pay 8% USC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

cheers.

Emergency tax exists so the employee will sort out their situation with Revenue. You'll need to register your employment as already outlined to resolve the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cheers.

As the previous poster says emergency tax lasts until you sort it out and it gets progressively worse until 8 weeks when you pay around 51% tax.

I've seen people stay on emergency tax for over a year because they won't sort out their tax position.

Its all on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Thanks all for your info.

Advertisement