Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 broadband connections into one house/premises

Options
  • 16-10-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Is it possible to get 2 broadband connections into a single house? I am in a fibre to the home enabled area which was recently activated via the rural fibre rollout 300k plan. I run a business from my property and wish to keep my home broadband separate from my business, so would like to have a completely separate broadband connection for my business. Thanks.

Comments

Orebro wrote: »
    Hello,

Is it possible to get 2 broadband connections into a single house? I am in a fibre to the home enabled area which was recently activated via the rural fibre rollout 300k plan. I run a business from my property and wish to keep my home broadband separate from my business, so would like to have a completely separate broadband connection for my business. Thanks.
    Get a SOHO/small business firewall, you can have multiple WAN's (broadband).
    Even use each as failover.

You can segment each LAN home/business using VLANs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Thanks - yes I know the various technicalities. This is more to do with billing and company finances - it makes sense for me to have a distinct connection dedicated to the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Thanks - yes I know the various technicalities. This is more to do with billing and company finances - it makes sense for me to have a distinct connection dedicated to the business.
    Hi there Orebro

I've just received a confirmation that this will not be possible.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Orebro

I've just received a confirmation that this will not be possible.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news

-Kyle
    OK, thanks for the confirmation Kyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

More than welcome Orebro

-Kyle

• Advertisement
Advertisement