Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary Work- 2nd Job

• 16-10-2018 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a full time job and I have been offered to do once off additional work of 18hours. The company have sent me a new starter form which will make me an employee. I presume i have to become an employee of their company before i start in order to get paid. Will this have major tax implications for me and will my current employer be made aware of my additional paid employment? Is there anyway of avoiding this, as it is only a once off but i don't know how to approach the company (the max earning is €540). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 arriba

You can set up the new employment but leave the credits and rate band where they are, with your full-time employment. With this scenario, you will be deducted 40% in tax and 8% in USC; however, you will get any overpayments back once you submit the Form 12/request P21 after this year ends.

However, if your full-time gross earnings are below €33,600 you would be able to transfer €900 rate band at 20% to the temporary job and same amount for USC at 4.75%, so at least you wouldn't be taxed as much. If you decide to go down this route, it's important to call Revenue to set up this employment as otherwise a Week1 cert will issue to your full-time employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 happyplace

Thanks for the reply arriba. I appreciate the response. As my gross income exceeds the 33K mark, it doesn't really look worth my while to complete the work but I guess every little helps. I'll let the company know not to transfer any credits etc over. Thanks again

Advertisement