Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling in town

• 16-10-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I live in Galway city and my apartment block does not do recycling.
    There is only a bin for waste (sort of a big black bin that can hold like 30 bags from everybody in the apartment block).
    I was just wondering does anybody know of a place in Galway where i could put general recycling items? e.g packaging, bottles etc.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cdalyz

unfortunately that does not include general recycling such as cardboard boxes, packaging, you know - household recycling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

https://www.citybin.com/for-home/drop-off/

https://www.barnarecycling.com/our-recycling-centres/

Would need a car to use either and not sure which would be most cost efficient

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Might be worth looking into the bags you can buy which get collected, think city bin do them, so an email to them might help..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cdalyz

Thanks guys, very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Might be worth looking into the bags you can buy which get collected, think city bin do them, so an email to them might help..

Citybin only do them for businesses now.

Barna do them for account holders, not sure if yhey can srll to someone without a council petmit for bag collection though.

You could dobb in your landlord to the council: they're supposed to be providing recyclung facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

As Mrs O Bumble hints, I don't think it's legal to not provide recycling facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

THat's not the only landlord that doesn't anyway.
    I've been wondering about what facilities there are around town for recycling beyond glass.
    & foun dout a few years ago that bin collection is oragnised by landlord so unless taht's changed in the last 5 or so years not sure what can be done.
    I got told around the time the council service was winding down that it wasn't down to the individual resident or billpayer if you were in a rented accommodation. Or something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

As others have said, I’m pretty sure the land lord is obliged to provide recycling, worth checking out. You can be the only person in your block with a conscience ;-)

Advertisement