Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling out of cooling off because just not happy

Options
  • 16-10-2018 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi my internet is acting up. I am probably being illegally traffic shaped.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Can't see how you can avoid dealing with them tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

DRice wrote: »
    Hi my internet is acting up. I am probably being illegally traffic shaped. Eir probably won't help me and I have no energy to deal with customer service because they are ****e. Is there a way out? Surely a service provider can't force a customer to stay out of being extremely pathetic? Customers have rights?
    Hi there DRice

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

Unfortunately, this is not something we would be able to assist you with from here. The only department that will be able to help you with being traffic shaped. You can contact them directly at 1890260260

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there DRice

Unfortunately, this is not something we would be able to assist you with from here. The only department that will be able to help you with being traffic shaped. You can contact them directly at 1890260260

-Kyle

Wait...
    Is that actual confirmation that Eir are engaging in traffic shaping?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Hi my internet is acting up. I am probably being illegally traffic shaped. Eir probably won't help me and I have no energy to deal with customer service because they are ****e. Is there a way out? Surely a service provider can't force a customer to stay out of being extremely pathetic? Customers have rights?
    Hi there DRice

-Kyle
    Do you just copy and paste the above reply to everyone and insert in the blank space the customer's issue!?

Btw when you post something on boards with SKY they ring you and the guy or girl that rings you actively tries to help you

Hi there DRice

-Kyle
    Do you just copy and paste the above reply to everyone and insert in the blank space the customer's issue!?

Btw when you post something on boards with SKY they ring you and the guy or girl that rings you actively tries to help you
    Completely understand your frustration DRice but we don't deal with technical queries or troubleshooting issues via Boards. Tech Support is the only department that will be able to assist you with this.

-Kyle

• Advertisement

Well i rang the helpline, got through in 10 minutes , to an Irish tech agent who was very helpful

fair play i take it all back!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Well i rang the helpline, got through in 10 minutes , to an Irish tech agent who was very helpful

fair play i take it all back!

Outcome?

ArrBee wrote: »
    Outcome?

Tech guy tested the line and noticed the modem restart ing itself 30 times in last 24 hours.he reset my modem and said while it was possible that the sky box was tripping the connection he said it was more likely the modem was restarting itself causing the internet to drop.he told me to connect it (the sky box)using a wired connection rather than wifi and if this fails it's the modems fault and I ring back and they will issue me a new modem . He ruled out traffic shaping

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭ArrBee

sound!

ArrBee wrote: »
    Outcome?

Tech guy tested the line and noticed the modem restart ing itself 30 times in last 24 hours.he reset my modem and said while it was possible that the sky box was tripping the connection he said it was more likely the modem was restarting itself causing the internet to drop.he told me to connect it (the sky box)using a wired connection rather than wifi and if this fails it's the modems fault and I ring back and they will issue me a new modem . He ruled out traffic shaping
    Glad to hear you got it all sorted DRice

-Kyle

• Advertisement

i plugged the sky box directly into the modem and its working ok now.

Point is that i was able to ring up and get through to someone technically competant and willing to sort it out. Was i lucky to get through in 10 minutes? Is it always a technician based in ireland that we get through to?

i plugged the sky box directly into the modem and its working ok now.

Point is that i was able to ring up and get through to someone technically competant and willing to sort it out. Was i lucky to get through in 10 minutes? Is it always a technician based in ireland that we get through to?
    Hi DRice

Our Technical Support Team at 1890260260 is Ireland based and so are our call centres

-Kyle

Advertisement