Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Identity design for a start up

• 16-10-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know any small operations that would do some logo design, website etc at a price competitive for a start-up. Don't want anything free, but can't afford to pay big corporate rates. So a pointer would be dead handy! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

Send me a PM and I can help with the logo side of things. I have done very basic websites before, but I can help you get started on the design of it, and then pass that on to a web developer. I can put the feelers out for that and see what I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin442

errlloyd wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know any small operations that would do some logo design, website etc at a price competitive for a start-up. Don't want anything free, but can't afford to pay big corporate rates. So a pointer would be dead handy! Thanks.

Did you get sorted with this after?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Hi
    Im looking for a logo to be designed if anyone can help out id be grateful
    I will pay of course
    Thanks
    Zebrano

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin442

Zebrano wrote: »
    Hi
    Im looking for a logo to be designed if anyone can help out id be grateful
    I will pay of course
    Thanks
    Zebrano

Hi Zebrano. I'm a graphic designer who's currently doing a bit of travelling with a small bit of work on the side. I'd be interested in having a chat about the logo if you still need one?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

I don't think you should go with a logo designing service as a startup with a limited budget. In my opinion, it is very easy to design a logo by using different online resources. First of all, you can use Canva or DesignCap etc to design a logo with a template. You just need to make few changes and your logo would be ready.

This guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jopUTj5_Y could be helpful in this regard. Similarly, you can also use resources like this to build a logo with Photoshop. It is quite easy to download any copyright clipart from any web with transparent background and you can design one of the relevant and good logos. Withal, after the success of your startup, you can definitely hire a professional logo designer and ask him to build one of the most professional ones for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

I'm sure the OP is long sorted by now. But for anyone reading the above post, do not use Photoshop to create logos. Use Illustrator or another vector-based program. You'll thank yourself later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

- bo - wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP is long sorted by now. But for anyone reading the above post, do not use Photoshop to create logos. Use Illustrator or another vector-based program. You'll thank yourself later.

Such a good point. I make a tidy sum of money every year from redrawing raster logos in Illustrator when they realise their logo isn't going to work on all platforms, particularly on printed promotional material.
    More often than not their logo is actually something downloaded from an icon website and is used for a tonne of other companies. When this is pointed out to them they tend to get a proper, bespoke logo done after a long chat and a thorough understanding of their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

Fully agree. It's a very easy earner (I think I've done 3 in the past week) and that €20 logo from a stock site - Fiverr or wherever suddenly becomes an extra couple of hundred when they realise that their low-res PNG is not going to go on clothing, vehicle wraps and so on.

But a good opportunity like you say to upsell a proper branding package and whatever other bells and whistles.

Folks - I know not everyone always has the biggest budget for these things but at a minimum if you get a logo done up from someone, save yourself hassle down the line and ask them for:

Print formats - AI (source file), EPS, PDF & JPEG files
    Digital formats - AI (source file), SVG, JPEG & PNG
    Colour references - Pantone/CMYK/RGB

Advertisement