Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deposit guarantee scheme

• 17-10-2018 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

How wise is it to have funds in excess of the €100k deposit guarantee scheme deposited in Ulster bank?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The risk, right now, would seem low.

However, why take the risk? What is stopping you from opening a second bank account with second financial institution?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Josh2015

I earn ecb plus 2.25% so won't get this anywhere else.

quote="JTMan;108370764"]The risk, right now, would seem low.

However, why take the risk? What is stopping you from opening a second bank account with second financial institution?[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

I d say you be fine I would have other bank account(s) simply opened with other bank(s)though as backup in case the worst happened and you needed to move money v quickly
    Josh2015 wrote: »

quote="JTMan;108370764"]The risk, right now, would seem low.

However, why take the risk? What is stopping you from opening a second bank account with second financial institution?
    [/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What kind of account do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Really? There is no current or legacy Ulster Bank savings product (legacy products are on their website too) that pays that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement