Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tretorn wrote: »
    Most people couldnt be bothered to read anything about travellers so the ethnic status rubbish passed them by. What hard working taxpayers care about is that the bits and pieces they have worked and saved for arent stolenn by travellers travelling around looking for opportunities to steal because they have all day everyday to do this. They even stop the children going to school so they can push them through small windows thereby training the next generation up.

I ahad an alarm guy out recently. The travellers bring children with them regularly, the child is let out of the van with a ball and told to kick it against a window.If the alarm goes off and no one responds the adult travellers wait until it goes out and then clean the house out.

There have been a lot of break ins near us recently and the local Gardai told residents association it is a travelling gang from Wexford, Gardai cant catch them but they know exactly who they are, they even know the cars they are driving.

There is war in the locality because of plans to stick a halting site here, there are door to door petitions being organised and no local representative who wants to see his or her face on a lamp post will dare to support this plan. We arent going to have our lovely well kept area destroyed without a fight.

Go away FrancieBrady, if there is one thing that annoys law abiding people more than dysfunctional travellers with their horrible culture its the apologists for them.

Can someone actually post something positive about traveller culture.

I have said from the start here that I accept that Travellers cause a lot of issues here. So maybe accept that rather than once again trying to chase away somebody not willing to join the pitchfork mob.

Thanks for beautifully and neatly proving that Casey knew he wasn't really talking about the ethnicity status he was tapping into good old fashioned prejudice, hysteria and bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Living in fear while being elderly and alone in a rural area is not prejudice.

Do you seriously think elderly people care about ethnic status, they care about the local Garda station closing down and they are terrified fear of travellers will drive them into nursing homes.

Grow up Francie, you are a strong man who can defend yourself, you arent ninety years of age living down some boreen afraid to sleep. This is the reality of rural living and no one gives these people a voice.

No one in the entire country apart those paid by the taxpayer to whine on about travellers cares about ethnicity, the majority of the population thought this is more SJW nonsense and didnt give it a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh come on, anyone with a decent education can do everything you listed out.....

We forgot about Castro very quickly didn't we?

I am not voting for Casey by the way....but I am sure not voting for someone who lied his way into the position and continues to lie everyday of the week and people are lapping it up.....

Yes he is an embrassement to the people of Ireland. It shows that Irish people just vote in any corrupt lying politician.....

Do you believe anyone voted for Higgins on the basis of him only staying for one term? Anyone at all? And if so what would that say about their assessment of the available candidates?

There should have been a vote on whether they got ethnic status or not.

Surely 52-55% would have managed to express their disapproval that the Dail was doing the usual business it does, in the constitutional way it has done only since the foundation of the state.

We elect people to legislate, spare me the rather simplistic...'ah I wanted to vote on that bit of legislation, it's a dictatorship!' :rolleyes:

By all means object to the legislation but not enough TD's or Senators did to this legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

http://www.thejournal.ie/eva-sutton-assault-court-sentences-3513864-Jul2017/

More of the traveller culture.

VOTE FOR PETER CASEY, be a voice for elderly people who have never hurt anyone in their lives. Let them live in peace in their own homes, this could be your mother or mine.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

NIMAN wrote: »
    He is indeed.

And the US is experiencing excellent financial growth. All the economic indicators are looking positive.

The man's a twat, and you may not agree with much he says (I know I don't), but he must be doing something right somewhere.

Well, he's exploding the deficit and overheating the economy so the resulting crash will be of gigantic proportions.
    By that time he will be gone, resting on his billions while the country will wish it was back in the 1930's.
    He does this knowing full well that he will have fcuked the entire planet, but he won bigly and that's all that matters to the man.
    Many here may not have paid attention to the time 2000-2008, they're just enjoying the ride and when it all goes to sh*t, the howling and gnashing of teeth will be spectacular.
    It's the exact same sh*t and people never learn.

gmisk wrote: »
    It's already been mentioned here, it was for security upgrades.
    I'd say other presidents had the same, looks like a nothing story tbh

Spot on. I remember Garret Fitzgerald having work done in his Ranelagh home years after his government role ended. All entirely due to security. Higgins will have protection for life, as is his entitlement.

Living in fear while being elderly and alone in a rural area is not prejudice.

Do you seriously think elderly people care about ethnic status, they care about the local Garda station closing down and they are terrified fear of travellers will drive them into nursing homes.

Grow up Francie, you are a strong man who can defend yourself, you arent ninety years of age living down some boreen afraid to sleep. This is the reality of rural living and no one gives these people a voice.

No one in the entire country apart those paid by the taxpayer to whine on about travellers cares about ethnicity, the majority of the population thought this is more SJW nonsense and didnt give it a second thought.

So why didn't Casey mention rural crime?
    There are plenty of TD's in the Dail complaining about station closures and rural crime for several elections now but somehow this 52-55% continues to elect into power those very people who will close stations, under resource the gardai etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

VOTE FOR PETER CASEY, be a voice for elderly people who have never hurt anyone in their lives. Let them live in peace in their own homes, this could be your mother or mine.

But Casey as president will not stop criminals beating up old people in their homes I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Try_harder wrote: »

He must, seen this.
    However, he is now "more determined than ever to remain in the race" after being inundated with messages of support.

And this..
    He also refuses to apologise for his comments about Traveller ethnicity because he believes they are "first and foremost" Irish citizens.

It's not racist to say Irish are Irish is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Same with Marian Finucane show now . 100% Casey bashing saying nobody supports him . It’s very strange how ALL media outlets, journalists and politicians are taking the moral high ground and speaking for ALL of us on this ???.

The fact that you are surprised is the surprising bit. Brings to mind the Citizenship Referendum. If you went by the media everybody was going to vote "no". 85% voted yes. They live in their own world. Just ignore them. They are full of crap. (In RTE's case at our expence). They probably don't even believe it themselves. Anybody who takes them seriously needs therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Do you believe anyone voted for Higgins on the basis of him only staying for one term? Anyone at all? And if so what would that say about their assessment of the available candidates?

What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Could PC be in danger of arrest over hate speech ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

In an ideal world, those dirty animals would be hanged and disposed of in a slurry tank.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

AnneFrank wrote: »

How is it hate speech?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

Your quote:I am sure not voting for someone who lied his way into the position

quintana76 wrote: »
    The fact that you are surprised is the surprising bit. Brings to mind the Citizenship Referendum. If you went by the media everybody was going to vote "no". 85% voted yes. They live in their own world. Just ignore them. They are full of crap. (In RTE's case at our expence). They probably don't even believe it themselves. Anybody who takes them seriously needs therapy.

I’m not surprised . I don’t need therapy . Their naievity is laughable unless it’s all just PR . Exactly the same thing happened in the past and the results were so different to the PC media hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

No but the people who called him a racist, for wanting equality for all Irish citizens should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

He suspended his campaign on Friday and said he’d consider his position over the weekend

To get into the Sunday papers he must have given his new decision early on Saturday.

I dunno, seems a bit contrived to me like a band walking off stage and returning for an encore. Maybe his team found a clever way to get into the Sunday papers and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No but the people who called him a racist, for wanting equality for all Irish citizens should be.

PC missed a chance there.

If I was him, I would have demanded an apology from Gallagher, for calling him a racist to his face on live TV. That was a very serious accusation to make and one which PC seemed to ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Why is it done now, he doesn't live there his son does.

I’m not surprised . I don’t need therapy . Their naievity is laughable unless it’s all just PR . Exactly the same thing happened in the past and the results were so different to the PC media hype.

The scary thing is a lot of older people trust the lamestream media.
    It is these older people who have to suffer all the breaks in from this so-called community.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

In his view, very Ayrian race

Are some people more equal than others, very communist

In his view, very Aryan race

Give it a rest for goodness sake the last thread you tried this in the mod had to ban you from.

NIMAN wrote: »
    PC missed a chance there.

If I was him, I would have demanded an apology from Gallagher, for calling him a racist to his face on live TV. That was a very serious accusation to make and one which PC seemed to ignore.

I don't think he would have much of a chance, legally speaking.

The UN defines attacks on ethnicity as racial discrimination. All Gallagher's lawyers would have to do is point to that and collect their fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Never got back yesterday
    Hitman3000 wrote: »
    Well the older generations seem happy enough to behave the way they do, so yes the children are the best hope they have of changing the wider communities perception of them.
    Okay. So I am best not listening to anything you have to say from now on.
    tom1ie wrote: »
    Do you mean the council? As in the council pay for the stables? :eek:
    You realize the councils are funded by tax.
    You realize tax is generated off the back of people working hard and making sacrifices right?

Nah you couldn’t be suggesting the council pay for the stables.........

You realise the houses were already built and there is a bigger picture and you aren't seeing it, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Give it a rest for goodness sake the last thread you tried this in the mod had to ban you from.

What thread am I banned from ? Are you so afraid of a different opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Yes, spot on rural houses need good security with all those traveller gangs going around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

batgoat wrote: »
    You do not live in a dictatorship, it is absolutely insulting to those who live under regimes where their rights are curtailed that you'd claim such nonsense to be true.

Get a hold of yourself, I meant a societal/intellectual dictatorship.
    I'm sick of sjw's who harp on about "rape culture" et al and are nowhere to be seen when the treatment of women in middle Eastern countries is mentioned, which is an insult to women who actually live in a culture where rape or the rapist is never punished but rather the victim, but hey we can't upset Muslims, because its their culture/heritage (what other group do those words apply to?).

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement