Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

mikemac2 wrote: »
    He suspended his campaign on Friday and said he’d consider his position over the weekend

To get into the Sunday papers he must have given his new decision early on Saturday.

I dunno, seems a bit contrived to me like a band walking off stage and returning for an encore. Maybe his team found a clever way to get into the Sunday papers and it worked

Or maybe he hasn't said anything since Friday and the papers are just making up quotes. In my eyes a quote in an article isn't valid unless it gives a time and a place

mgn wrote: »
    Why is it done now, he doesn't live there his son does.

It's his house & he regularly stays there.
    Regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Loose horses have brought a town the size of Galway 'to it's knees'? Are we sensationalising just a tweeny tiny bit here?

Travellers who break the law should be treated exactly the same as anybody else who breaks it.

The same people who pay for law and order and cctv in every other part of the country should pay for it.

Again I ask, whose fault is it that the law in the country is being ignored?

Would you suggest the guards should be better equipped?
    Armed perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

batgoat wrote: »
    The irony is that the Soros mentions stink to high noon. Why pick just that one specific philanthropist?

Stinks to high noon?
    Maybe I should get on board with a "philanthropist" who funds a campaign for the repeal of the eight amendment (popularly viewed as something imposed by the Catholic Church and which was obviously not fit for purpose) by having its activists dress in black uniforms.
    Soros stinks to high heaven, or even your spaghetti Western version if you care to examine what he's been up to.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

I’m not surprised . I don’t need therapy . Their naievity is laughable unless it’s all just PR . Exactly the same thing happened in the past and the results were so different to the PC media hype.

Did you ever have direct experience of an event that was covered by the media. From my own experience and from talking to others in a similar situation we all agree that the media misshapes it. They give their own spin. Going back to Marian there is an official line to which everyone has to adhere. Failure to do so is more than likely to result in not being invited back again. The media is not neutral, it is pushing hard on an agenda. A minority views that they are trying to make majority.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Love it when people blabber on about George soros haha.

°°°°°

Blabber on?
    Explain his virtue to me please...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Would you suggest the guards should be better equipped?
    Armed perhaps?

The Gardai have access to weapons if they require them.

And yes, the Gardai need much more equipment and resources to cope with gangs coming from the cities and with traveller crime.
    We don't require more legislation what we need is a government intent on sorting this problem out and applying the law.
    Perhaps the 52-55% of the electorate it is claimed are finally awakened might consider that when going to the polls to elect people who can ACTUALLY do something about that.

I suspect though they will spend an energetic week fulminating and hero worshiping Peter and when he doesn't get elected, cry 'fix', and 'pesky SJW's'and then disappear into the ether again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Philanthropists give (me a break)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,542 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know who the people in the travelling community are voting for on Friday but going by their Facebook pages. It's not Peter or Michael. Just from what I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

nullzero wrote: »
    Blabber on?

Blabber on?
    Why bother?

He's just another buzzword to add to your sjw etc.

Do continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

bubblypop wrote: »
    Regularly

Then he should pay for it.He is a millionaire after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

RTE now saying he's staying in the race quoting the Sunday Indo as their source and quoting the latest poll at 2% that was taken before his comments
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1021/1005647-peter-casey-presidential-election/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

There are houses available for the homeless, the family are happy where they are.

What's the issue here?

Travellers HAVEN'T got what they wanted (despite claims to the contrary) and houses are lying empty because a Co Co won't take the advice of the people who DON'T WANT THE HOUSES.

WHO is the problem here?

So the travelers are told houses are being built just for them, they watch them be built and when they are finished being built, they say they don't want them.

Who is the problem here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Regularly

Is that the house he is renting out to "students and workers" ? :rolleyes:

°°°°°

Why bother?

Do continue.

You refuse to elaborate but implore me to explain myself, says a lot about you and your beliefs.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Stinks to high noon?
    Maybe I should get on board with a "philanthropist" who funds a campaign for the repeal of the eight amendment (popularly viewed as something imposed by the Catholic Church and which was obviously not fit for purpose) by having its activists dress in black uniforms.
    Soros stinks to high heaven, or even your spaghetti Western version if you care to examine what he's been up to.
    Except the money didn't go towards the referendum campaigning and the case was quashed. I'm perfectly aware of the pretty good work that Soros does. I'm also aware that the likes of Hungary which have banned his org are much closer to an actual dictatorship than Ireland.

Why bother?

Do continue.

You refuse to elaborate but implore me to explain myself, says a lot about you and your beliefs.

Yes I am laughing at you shouting about George feckin soros.

I am very happy I don't base my worldview under a tinfoil hat.

mgn wrote: »
    Then he should pay for it.He is a millionaire after all.

It's the states responsibility to provide security to the president.
    Also, a lot of other people..... Maybe you would be surprised at the people that state protect.
    I believe the president of our country should be entitled to it. Why don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The weirdest aspect is he probably thinks likes of Viktor Orban is great...

°°°°°

What do you mean by tin foil hat?
    Is that a directed insult?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

quintana76 wrote: »
    Did you ever have direct experience of an event that was covered by the media. From my own experience and from talking to others in a similar situation we all agree that the media misshapes it. They give their own spin. Going back to Marian there is an official line to which everyone has to adhere. Failure to do so is more than likely to result in not being invited back again. The media is not neutral, it is pushing hard on an agenda. A minority views that they are trying to make majority.

I have direct experience of a full page article on an individual I know.
    The article was all about someone in a wheelchair being thrown out of a hospital to a hostel.
    The facts were the woman had had a stroke abroad due to alcoholism and even had drink smuggled into her in intensive care. She arrived back and got a bed in a public hospital and refused to leave, the hospital eventually packed her bags and she had to go to the hostel. She refused to stay in the hostel and took a taxi back to the hospital and they refused to admit her, she had occupied a bed there for months and the staff could do nothing for her.
    I read all these articles now with distrust, they are usually written by Kitty Holland or some other feminist twat. I stopped buying the Irish Times too, it used to be a decent paper but has too many feminists now pushing their odd agendas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

batgoat wrote: »
    Except the money didn't go towards the referendum campaigning and the case was quashed. I'm perfectly aware of the pretty good work that Soros does. I'm also aware that the likes of Hungary which have banned his org are much closer to an actual dictatorship than Ireland.

an actual dictatorship ? what the fcuk does that even mean...

hungary have a democratically elected government , you mightn't like them but they are miles away from being a Castro or Daniel Ortega administration so beloved by our President.

They said Bertie was telfon but ffs Bertie never had the media sown up like Higgins. Even Kim Jong-un would struggle to have the media support Higgins has :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I dont like any of the these candidates.

Anti brexit voters reckon its ok to ask for a second election because I dont like the outcome.

So the travelers are told houses are being built just for them, they watch them be built and when they are finished being built, they say they don't want them.

Who is the problem here?

No doubt, the travellers are part of the problem here.
    They have stated quite clearly that the houses are no good to them and that they don't want to move in.

Over to you Tipp Co Co, - you have 900 + people on the housing list, what are you going to do? (considering that they cannot force the traveller by gunpoint to move into somewhere they don't want to go)

Condemnation of the Travellers involved won't butter the parsnips of the 900+ on the housing list.

What do you mean by tin foil hat?
    Is that a directed insult?

What do I mean about a tin foil hat?

It clearly means tin foil hat. Search online for a tin foil hat. Maybe a visual aid will make it clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

2klkqu.jpg

It's the states responsibility to provide security to the president.
    Also, a lot of other people..... Maybe you would be surprised at the people that state protect.
    I believe the president of our country should be entitled to it. Why don't you?

I think the bould Peter required a few squad cars to get him to his Photo Op (it was of very little other use) in Tipp the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    How is it hate speech?

By initiating anger and hostility towards others. The intention may not be to cause violence but that may be the outcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement