Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What do I mean about a tin foil hat?

It clearly means tin foil hat. Search online for a tin foil hat. Maybe a visual aid will make it clear.

So it's intended as an insult?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

paw patrol wrote: »
    an actual dictatorship ? what the fcuk does that even mean...

hungary have a democratically elected government , you mightn't like them but they are miles away from being a Castro or Daniel Ortega administration so beloved by our President.

They said Bertie was telfon but ffs Bertie never had the media sown up like Higgins. Even Kim Jong-un would struggle to have the media support Higgins has :pac:

I said "closer", when your government is cracking down on NGOs and introducing laws that could have existed in the early 1930s Germany. It's fair to say that they're moving closer to becoming an outright authoritarian state. One example
    www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/19/hungary-anti-immigration-plans-ngo-tax-orban-bill-criminalise-aid

So fair to say they're closer to a dictatorship than Ireland which is considered free while Hungary is dropping in freedom indexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

nullzero wrote: »
    What do I mean about a tin foil hat?

It clearly means tin foil hat. Search online for a tin foil hat. Maybe a visual aid will make it clear.

So it's intended as an insult?

You'll have to ask George soros.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mgn wrote: »
    Why is it done now, he doesn't live there his son does.

It's his home. I live five minutes away and judging by Garda presence he's there once every 5/6 weeks and will be returning there post-Presidency. And is thus accorded security measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

batgoat wrote: »

hungary have a democratically elected government , you mightn't like them but they are miles away from being a Castro or Daniel Ortega administration so beloved by our President.

They said Bertie was telfon but ffs Bertie never had the media sown up like Higgins. Even Kim Jong-un would struggle to have the media support Higgins has :pac:

I said "closer", when your government is cracking down on NGOs and introducing laws that could have existed in the early 1930s Germany. It's fair to say that they're moving closer to becoming an outright authoritarian state. One example
    www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/19/hungary-anti-immigration-plans-ngo-tax-orban-bill-criminalise-aid

I like the bit where he brought in his own constitution without it going to the people. For he is the one true voice of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    By initiating anger and hostility towards others. The intention may not be to cause violence but that may be the outcome.

I think that you are an Irish person just like me, that you are entitled to the same rights as me as an Irish person

Can I expect a call from the Garda anytime soon? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

nullzero wrote: »
    Blabber on?
    Explain his virtue to me please...

His influence is often somewhat exaggerated. Doesn't take away from the fact that he is a general nuisance and a bit of a pest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Landscaping?

It was special greased grass to keep potenial assassin's off of Mickey D's knol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,475 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

myshirt wrote: »
    There is a 3% margin of error, so hopefully the real % they are on is closer to -3.00%.

Believe that’s the case, all they do now is infest twitter with protest tweets and likes and re tweets.

Complete laughing stock now. Beaten dockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Suckit wrote: »
    Peter Casey is a fullgrown twat.

and Mickey D is ........

so now that Casey is winning votes, time to get out the insults ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 terminator2018

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Of course he has done and said things which were controversial. His glowing eulogy for dictator Fidel Castro, responsible for atrocious human rights violations such as the torture and murder of political opponents, journalists and homosexuals. This was an embarrassment to the Irish people he represents and an insult to the hundreds of thousands of people who suffered under the brutal Castro regime. Just because he was an icon of the left is no excuse.

and what about castro's appaling racism against african people, i won't quote castro here because i'd be banned and rightly so
    why aren't the people here who falsely accuse Peter Casey of racism calling out Higgins on that
    shower of hypocrites thats why

Democratically elected president.

Sewn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 terminator2018

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    He needs more work done, that's why he wants another 7 years

Didn't he say he had work to finish

i'd say micheal d's bank account looks like a credit card number
    never done a day's work in his life, you'd know by looking at him with his womans hands

lock him up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You'll have to ask George soros.

All you've done is prove my point.
    Anyone who disagrees with you is a "tin foil hat" type which implies somebody of limited reason or intelligence which is an insult and I will report your post as such.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

bubblypop wrote: »
    He is far from an embarrassment. He knows how to speak & behave. He understands protocol & what you should & should not say.
    He can host the queen of England & engage in conversation with her.
    He has travelled the world as a representative for Ireland & has never done or said anything controversial.
    That's the job, he has done it well.
    He is head & shoulders above any of the other candidates & they know it.

Voting for Casey because he believes certain things about travellers is ridiculous. Maybe all the candidates think the same but they have enough cop on to know not to say it.

The fact that Casey has the balls to stand up and say what he actually thinks is the reason he’s getting my vote. That and the fact that I share his views on travellers and our overly generous welfare state..

Giving Leo the liar a bloody nose is just the icing on the cake...

I think that you are an Irish person just like me, that you are entitled to the same rights as me as an Irish person

Can I expect a call from the Garda anytime soon? :rolleyes:

Agreed. Particularly an entitlement not to be targeted on grounds of race, sexuality, skin colour or any other easily identified aspect.

Rennaws wrote: »
    The fact that Casey has the balls to stand up and say what he actually thinks is the reason he’s getting my vote. That and the fact that I share his views on travellers and our overly generous welfare state..

Giving Leo the liar a bloody nose is just the icing on the cake...

But what do you expect the president to do about those things?
    All candidates might think the same as you but a president knows when to keep their mouth shut.
    Surely the Irish president is the president of everyone living here? Not just ones who pay tax.

i'd say micheal d's bank account looks like a credit card number
    never done a day's work in his life, you'd know by looking at him with his womans hands

lock him up

Was a lecturer in the Department of Political Science and Sociology at UCG. You probably don't count that as work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This conversation is archaic and not taking a lot into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bubblypop wrote: »
    But what do you expect the president to do about those things?
    All candidates might think the same as you but a president knows when to keep their mouth shut.
    Surely the Irish president is the president of everyone living here? Not just ones who pay tax.

Casey's not the president.

He can say what he likes until then.

Lot of our elected govt representatives do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Was a lecturer in the Department of Political Science and Sociology at UCG. You probably don't count that as work though.

Imagine the waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am glad we havn't adopted E-Voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

fcuking hell , you just proved his point.

fcuking hell , you just proved him point.

I did? What's the definition of 'work' in your book then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Over 3k posts on this thread alone discussing one of enda"s moronic ideas, and parting gift with his two fingers raised as he rode off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Think of all the people who got degrees in that?

Wonder are they happy in their call centres now.

NIMAN wrote: »

I think you can do a bit better than that.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/sociology

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I know a few people who attended MDH's lectures.

I wish some of them were here to tell you how much regard they had for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

elperello wrote: »

I know a few people who attended MDH's lectures.

I wish some of them were here to tell you how much regard they had for him.
    I did Engineering but I did frequent some of Michael D's lectures. He was very popular and knowledgable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone who refuses to vote (even spoil their vote) in a national election does not deserve the title of 'citizen' imo.

Is spoiling a vote not the same as abstaining essentially?
    **** off with your lazy arse complaints if you cannot be arsed to vote.

This I agree with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement