Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

KevIRL wrote: »
    Casey gone into 40/1 for first was 500/1 last week.

Gone into 11/2 for second was 100/1 last week.

Have him 250/1 to win, and 100/1 without MDH. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

The bookies saw you coming, free money

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Great odds. I don't understand betting but that means if you put 20e on at 250/1 you lose 20e? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

AnneFrank wrote: »

Free bets :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

He will get the uneducated vote only, never a chance to win or even compete,but he's got publicity which is all he wanted, bang for his buck in terms of campaign spend.

Think he’ll get the vote of a lot of people educated or uneducated who have been robbed or had other negative experiences inflicted on them by travellers , that’s a growing pool of people you’ll find .

• Advertisement

hurler32 wrote: »
    Think he’ll get the vote of a lot of people educated or uneducated who have been robbed or had other negative experiences inflicted on them by travellers , that’s a growing pool of people you’ll find .

People can have had bad experiences with criminal elements but it doesn't turn them into generalising hate filled voters.
    They (the educated ones anyway) can tell when they are being manipulated by an ego driven self publicist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

How much have you on Michael D Anne?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

hurler32 wrote: »

Shh now your ruining their facade, like most NPC's they only know how to repeat the same thing, throw out labels and put down those that disagree with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Whstever bout the win. The betting W/O has a shot now

PCeeeee wrote: »

No point he's won by a mile, but a good bet would be PC gets under 5%

• Advertisement

Casey is 5/6 to get under 5.5%

Great bet yesterday was Duffy to get lowest first preference at 5/4. Now 8/11

KevIRL wrote: »
    Casey is 5/6 to get under 5.5%

Great bet yesterday was Duffy to get lowest first preference at 5/4. Now 8/11

Both good bets Kev, and realistic

It's free money no?

Both good bets Kev, and realistic

I wouldn't like the Casey bet at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

He will get the uneducated vote only, never a chance to win or even compete,but he's got publicity which is all he wanted, bang for his buck in terms of campaign spend.

Haha its actually the most intelligent educated people I know are voting for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Casey 11/2 without micky d in powers seems a decent price still if your a betting person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

ozmo wrote: »
    Any polls out yet? - last one I saw last week he was still on 2% - which doesn't seem to reflect his sudden popularity on social media at all.[/QUOTE

2% before the weekend they have not released any polls since as they dont want anyone tosee his support and they are only polling the PC lefties......

Complete and utter bull****. If you really believe that you are delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Haha its actually the most intelligent educated people I know are voting for him.

Well you see it depends on what metric you gauge intelligence, anyone voting for him based on a single issue he ultimately has zero power or ability to effect change on is not educated or intelligent

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well you see it depends on what metric you gauge intelligence, anyone voting for him based on a single issue he ultimately has zero power or ability to effect change on is not educated or intelligent

They might be educated...but it is wasted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The latest polls are in for Most Active Poster

Francie Brady 8.75%
    Hitman3000 5.04%
    alaimacerc 2.77%
    Wheres Me Jumper? 1.94%
    Johnny Dogs 1.83%

Congrats Mr Brady, you're running away with it.

Figures shown are correct at of 22/10/2018.

• Advertisement

But please, if you do know of a single halting site that doesn't openly flout it''s dwellers absolute contempt for waste management do please provide a single example on Google Maps.

Jesus, how many times do I have to say this? That's the settled people going into those sites and dumping rubbish

Omackeral wrote: »
    The latest polls are in for Most Active Poster

Francie Brady 8.75%
    Hitman3000 5.04%
    alaimacerc 2.77%
    Wheres Me Jumper? 1.94%
    Johnny Dogs 1.83%

Congrats Mr Brady, you're running away with it.

Figures shown are correct at of 22/10/2018.

As I always say O, if Francie is interested in a topic get your money on early! ;)

VinLieger wrote: »

That is assuming that those voting for him think that he has/will the power/ability to effect change. I'd imagine many will vote for him just to raise the issue of the welfare state or whatever they think it is he stands for. Perhaps even more so as Higgins will win in landslide anyhow.

Make no mistake if Casey gets votes the beady eyes in Leinster House will be watching and I believe many people are banking on that.

Perhaps your metric needs adjusting Vin, or maybe you're right and the other people are just dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Omackeral wrote: »
    Jesus, how many times do I have to say this? That's the settled people going into those sites and dumping rubbish

That post is gold, especially considering the politics of the poster. See no evil hear no evil once they are on the hierarchy of victimhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Casey 11/2 without micky d in powers seems a decent price still if your a betting person

Was 17/2 yesterday
    Was 80/1 outright and now 40/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

PCeeeee wrote: »

The amount of money being laid on Casey doesn't seem to have affected Michael D's odds at all. If you wanted to win €100, you'd need to put €5,000 on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Sean' Casey was well able to write.

Not to mention spell.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Not much of a response from the general-isers was there?. :D

Interesting that the Google Street Car wouldn't go in there. Much the same as Labre Park in Ballyfermot which, by the way, is a fcuking kip of the highest order on its perimeters. Look at the state of this. Sh*t just hopped over the wall. Malnourished horses grazing there too on what I assume is usurped land beside the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnnycanyon

You won't be the first person to make racism or bigotry claims within this thread, I don't believe anyone successfully pointed out what exactly Casey said that was racist or bigoted?

Over to you.
    In 2007 Travellers were
    recognized as an athnic minority which Casey now admits he was not aware of at the time of his derogatory remarks towards them. What he said about them was a racial slur ie he passed antagonist remarks towards them. He also generalized about the Travellers stating they all camp on other people's land and do not pay their fair share of taxes, this is pure drive.He also passed remarks on people on Social Welfare stating that they demand that the state look after them, to which Regina Doherty (of which I am no fan of) said it was utter ignorance. Basically what this man is, is a pathetic buffoon who is a also a Trumpesque type character ie he is wealthy, wants to be the President and gets off on insulting ethnic minorities and people less fortunate than himself. Again I say thankfully he will not be ending up on the Aras bar a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Limerick Leader is doing a poll at the minute, casey is winning well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement