Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Limerick Leader newspaper are running an online poll at the moment, https://www.limerickleader.ie/poll/home/343353/leader-poll-who-are-you-voting-for-in-the-upcoming-presidential-election.htmlinteresting results so far.
    Peter Casey 53%
    Michael D 31%
    The change divided by the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Omackeral wrote: »
    The latest polls are in for Most Active Poster

Francie Brady 8.75%
    Hitman3000 5.04%
    alaimacerc 2.77%
    Wheres Me Jumper? 1.94%
    Johnny Dogs 1.83%

Congrats Mr Brady, you're running away with it.

Figures shown are correct at of 22/10/2018.

Call me cynical but I doubt Francie cares very much about travellers - He's under orders from Shinnerbot central command to try and shore up Me Riada's votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Interesting that the Google Street Car wouldn't go in there. Much the same as Labre Park in Ballyfermot which, by the way, is a fcuking kip of the highest order on its perimeters. Look at the state of this. Sh*t just hopped over the wall. Malnourished horses grazing there too on what I assume is usurped land beside the canal.

And you will get settled people who live in middens and others who keep their places spotless.

These are more issues that can be sorted out with proper enforcement.

'Google car wouldn't go in there'....:D:D:D:D Have you used google much at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

And Casey is gonna get that done? I don't think so.

At the end of the day the ranters and ravers have to get out and vote in an election that matters to such issues.

For this one we need a well rounded, humane, secular, culturally connected, public servant.
    We don't need someone who incites the mob when he needs to be noticed, former bagmen or egotists.

How humane can someone be if they eulogize blood thirsty communist dictators?

Call me cynical but I doubt Francie cares very much about travellers - He's under orders from Shinnerbot central command to try and shore up Me Riada's votes.

I'm a Higgins voter from day one. But don't let Parnell Sq know, I don't want the wages docked.

• Advertisement

How humane can someone be if they eulogize blood thirsty communist dictators?

Some who is worldly wise to know that blood thirsty leaders come in all shapes and sizes and political systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And you will get settled people who live in middens and others who keep their places spotless.

Ah sure isn't it the settled people dumping the crap there according joeytheparrot.

As for the Google car, just find it interesting that it wouldn't go in to the first two Traveller sites I attempted to browse yet it has no bother going into Moyross or Finglas South or the staunchest Loyalist and Nationalist areas up North!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

And would you say we have proper reinforcement at the moment Francie?

If not how do you suppose we're going to go about getting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Some who is worldly wise to know that blood thirsty leaders come in all shapes and sizes and political systems?

Is Michael D that?

wexie wrote: »
    And would you say we have proper reinforcement at the moment Francie?

If not how do you suppose we're going to go about getting it?

I know, elect a man to an office where he has to do what the people who haven't being doing anything about enforcement and who have been stripping the country of law and order infrastructure say, and has to say what they want him to say. That ought to do it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

VinLieger wrote: »
    Well you see it depends on what metric you gauge intelligence, anyone voting for him based on a single issue he ultimately has zero power or ability to effect change on is not educated or intelligent

I think you underestimate the intelligence of the Irish electorate. They know Michael D will be re-elected. They know the president has no real political power, whoever is elected. However they also now that if Mr. Casey polls strongly it will send a message to the government that first tried to deny them the right to vote on who the next president would be and then during the campaign told them how to vote.

Is someone voting for a lying incumbent any more intelligent than someone voting for an honest challenger?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

I know, elect a man to an office where he has to do what the people who haven't being doing anything about enforcement and who have been stripping the country of law and order infrastructure say, and has to say what they want him to say. That ought to do it. :rolleyes:

That's not much of an answer to either question is it?

Keep up the sidestepping, you'll be on strictly next year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I hear Michael D has already booked Status Quo for his re election celebrations.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

That's not much of an answer to either question is it?

Keep up the sidestepping, you'll be on strictly next year :pac:

Study that answer wexie, because within it you will find my solution.

Study that answer wexie, because within it you will find my solution.

Do you think there is currently effective enforcement?

(yes I know well that the president has 0 effective powers and it wouldn't make a difference if it was Dustin the turkey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

But please, if you do know of a single halting site that doesn't openly flout it''s dwellers absolute contempt for waste management do please provide a single example on Google Maps.

Here's one. They even have their wheelie bin handles pointing in the right direction.

Do you think there is currently effective enforcement?

(yes I know well that the president has 0 effective powers and it wouldn't make a difference if it was Dustin the turkey)

There isn't enforcement in most things wexie. We are currently scourged by boy racers at night and petty vandalism. No guards in the town after 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Here's one. They even have their wheelie bin handles pointing in the right direction.

They have been in Bray for a long time to be fair (20 years at least) and even asked if they could build their but couldn't get planning. I also believe they own the land (could be wrong).

A bit different to allot of the halting sites out there and the illegal occupation of land.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jbkenn wrote: »
    Limerick Leader newspaper are running an online poll at the moment, https://www.limerickleader.ie/poll/home/343353/leader-poll-who-are-you-voting-for-in-the-upcoming-presidential-election.htmlinteresting results so far.
    Peter Casey 53%
    Michael D 31%

Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Calhoun wrote: »
    They have been in Bray for a long time to be fair (20 years at least) and even asked if they could build their but couldn't get planning. I also believe they own the land (could be wrong).

A bit different to allot of the halting sites out there and the illegal occupation of land.

They don't own the land (I think Wicklow Co. Council might - it used to be a road) - it's an 'illegal' halting site, but they've been there so long (and keep it so tidy) that nobody seems to mind.

Another tidy one here.

• Advertisement

They don't own the land (I think Wicklow Co. Council might - it used to be a road) - it's an 'illegal' halting site, but they've been there so long (and keep it so tidy) that nobody seems to mind.

Another tidy one here.

Must have been a rumor going around Bray as i thought they owned it. They have always kept to themselves as far as i have known of their existence.

I could point out a few of the fairly bad halting sites around the area as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ah c'mon now,over the years there have been several attempts to "properly enforce" various regulations at some of these sites,all ending in abject failure.

Could you expand upon your definition of "proper",to perhaps give the thread a flavour of where you see the problem,and eventually,any solution that might serve a purpose ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

milennial wrote: »
    @breakingnews911
    gavin duffy to drop an expenditure bombshell on michael Higgins on tomorows debate
    is this the end of president higgins

paddy power is sh1tting brix

Michael d's paying for daughters senate election expenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

Limerick Leader poll tally is within 1% of the one here on Boards at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Another tidy one here.

Is that literally just on the side of the road!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

jbkenn wrote: »
    Peter Casey 53%
    Michael D 31%

Now we await the claims of Russia interfering in the election :D

Is that literally just on the side of the road!?

There are a good few like that around Laois, a few of them near a new school being built ended up delaying it for a year. Place was in absolute ****s after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

milennial wrote: »
    @breakingnews911
    gavin duffy to drop an expenditure bombshell on michael Higgins on tomorows debate
    is this the end of president higgins

paddy power is sh1tting brix

Care to provide the source?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement