Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

naughtb4 wrote: »
    The last guy to "target" people on welfare is now taoiseach

And as taoiseach it is his job to sort out any issues regarding "welfare".

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Casey going for the throat

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

elperello wrote: »

And as taoiseach it is his job to sort out any issues regarding "welfare".

Yes and he completely mislead the people who supported him.

Hence the support for Casey who hasn't backed down from what he said but confronted those who demanded he did so..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Higgins is definitely coming across as a spoofer, though I do think Casey and Gallagher don't need to be so aggressive in their questioning.

Still haven't got to the bottom of the learjet conundrum though, Higgins was asked why he felt tbe need to lie, and I don't believe he gave a straight answer at all.

He looks a bit pissed off, that these lads and lasses have the audacity to even question him.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

The millionaire Michael D Higgins is certainly indignant that people could question him like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

and now he dosent "target" them any more!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

The host is showing ridiculous bias against Casey over the traveler stuff and trying to make him look bad, barely letting him even speak.

Shock horror from RTE eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

To call Casey a racist is an insult to anyone who has actually suffered from racism.
    Cheapening the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

The moralising by this Shinner makes me sick.

RTE Player is a crock of sh1t as usual.

Im not sure where the idea that travellers are not housed in 'good areas' comes from?
    south county Dublin has plenty of traveller sites. Booterstown, Blackrock, Cabinteely, Shankill, Sandyford, Carrickmines, Foxrock, even Rathmichael, arguably the poshest, richest part of Dublin, all have traveller sites.

still no one has come up with any reason travellers being deemed 'ethnic minority' has made any difference at all, to anyone, including travellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

RTE must think that the more they focus on the traveller question, the worse it is for Casey. The more they talk about it the better it is for Casey. They are living in a bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,830 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I hope the case against Peter Casey is now proved. Not a leg to stand on. Landed on his arse with punch after punch until he was incoherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Casey wasn't allowed to finish one answer by RTE.completely bias.

Higgins is definitely coming across as a spoofer, though I do think Casey and Gallagher don't need to be so aggressive in their questioning.

Still haven't got to the bottom of the learjet conundrum though, Higgins was asked why he felt tbe need to lie, and I don't believe he gave a straight answer at all.

He looks a bit pissed off, that these lads and lasses have the audacity to even question him.

pretty sure Michael D does not decide any security arrangements for himself.
    He was probably told he was taking the Jet for whatever reason, & that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I hope the case against Peter Casey is now proved. Not a leg to stand on. Landed on his arse with punch after punch until he was incoherent.

You on double time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

i.e. I still don't believe in the HPV now, but I won't get votes if I say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I guess we are all likely to see this through the prism of our own prejudices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

has there been a worse presenter ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

The moralising by this Shinner makes me sick.

RTE Player is a crock of sh1t as usual.

Have to say it's fine for me AJM.

Attempted hachet job from RTE on Casey. He is too nervous.. Thought he'd come out swinging!!

bubblypop wrote: »
    pretty sure Michael D does not decide any security arrangements for himself.
    He was probably told he was taking the Jet for whatever reason, & that was that.

This will be the THIRD TIME I will have to explain this to you.... He specifically said that he didn't take the car due to security reasons.

After the show he specifically said the jet was chosen after liaisons with the PSNI.

When the PSNI had to publicly contradict him, the story changed yet again.

Tonight he suggested something along the lines of time saving to be back to meet people.

The jet misuse was no biggie in the grand scheme of things, the lie made it look worse.

Why must we keep going over this?

• Advertisement

has there been a worse presenter ever?

Father Ted lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Liadh ni Riada and Joan Freeman showing why they will be nothing but also rans in this election. Michael D refusing to answer a good question from Sean Gallagher on his hypocrisy over expenses.

All of them ganging up on Casey over the traveller comments, citing suicide rates and education rates implying that its our problem to fix. One of them suggesting that we haven't been inclusive enough, Liadh remarking on how little is spent on travellers (1.7m housing estate in Thurles?). Nonsense that hopefully the ordinary hard working person isn't buying anymore.

Peter Casey held up well despite not being able to fully answer a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Actually he strenghted his point, without physically grabbing any of them by the collar and shaking them, even though he was obviously angry at their denial(sweeping the truth under the carpet)if I could vote for him twice I would :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

bubblypop wrote: »
    still no one has come up with any reason travellers being deemed 'ethnic minority' has made any difference at all, to anyone, including travellers.

It seems to enrage the Traveller-bashers beyond all reason. "OMG, they get homes just because they need homes, welfare payments just because they're in need of those, and ethnic minority status just because they're an ethnic minority. It's everything that they're getting!!"

That count as making a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

All of them ganging up on Casey over the traveller comments, citing suicide rates and education rates implying that its our problem to fix.

It's almost like they're fellow citizens, or indeed, fellow human beings! The nerve of these people their "implications"!

David McCullagh raised a good point. What benefits do the traveler community receive by been given ethnic minority status? Casey claimed monetary benefit but couldn't explain when drilled on it.

This will be the THIRD TIME I will have to explain this to you.... He specifically said that he didn't take the car due to security reasons.

After the show he specifically said the jet was chosen after liaisons with the PSNI.

When the PSNI had to publicly contradict him, the story changed yet again.

Tonight he suggested something along the lines of time saving to be back to meet people.

The jet misuse was no biggie in the grand scheme of things, the lie made it look worse.

Why must we keep going over this?

because you dont understand obviously, if he said it was security concerns, then thats what he was told.
    I didn't see anywhere that the PSNI actually contradicted him, they didn't actually comment on this actual case.
    And why was it misuse? Do you know some specific times the jet may only be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,830 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobody ganging up on Casey now. He's done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

All of them ganging up on Casey over the traveller comments, citing suicide rates and education rates implying that its our problem to fix. One of them suggesting that we haven't been inclusive enough, Liadh remarking on how little is spent on travellers (1.7m housing estate in Thurles?). Nonsense that hopefully the ordinary hard working person isn't buying anymore.

The others are backing the wrong horse here. Travellers do not vote...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

'Slavish'? :)

He is the best person for the job by a long shot.
    Is he perfect - no.
    He didn't sign an oath re: the second term, he simply changed his mind.
    In the scale of problems, national scandals permeating into Chez Francie it barely registers.

Casey was not hinest. Casey found a touchstone, that I believe he exploited (his photo op Trip to Tipp convincing me) to rile up and easily riled secton of the public.
    Unforgivable in a public rep IMO.

It was fine for wee Barry to hoy a Kingsmill pan on his head though?

You spent a lot of time defending doing wee Barry who was a public rep.

Bit disingenuous to now be lacing in to Peter Casey for telling the truth Francie.

You had no problem, it would appear, that contrary to majority public opinion, wee Barry wasn’t aware of the significance?

You now are defending a view that, contrary to the majority of opinion here,that Peter Casey was wrong in his views.

Am I detecting a trend here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement