Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

has there been a worse presenter ever?

Claire Byrne...Repeal the 8th debate?

David McCullagh raised a good point. What benefits do the traveler community receive by been given ethnic minority status? Casey claimed monetary benefit but couldn't explain when drilled on it.

a question I have asked on here lots of time, no one can answer, because the truth is, it doesn't make any difference, to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

bubblypop wrote: »
    a question I have asked on here lots of time, no one can answer, because the truth is, it doesn't make any difference, to anyone!

It protects them against any fair criticism as we are seeing lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

David McCullagh raised a good point. What benefits do the traveler community receive by been given ethnic minority status? Casey claimed monetary benefit but couldn't explain when drilled on it.

You don't think that Casey actually understands his own talking points, do you? (Not unlike many a poster here, indeed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

they do get state support more than the working person gets

off top of my head..pavee point is state funded the average working stiff doesnt get that mouth piece to manage their PR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,830 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

off top of my head..pavee point is state funded the average working stiff doesnt get that mouth piece to manage their PR.

So do old people, the disabled and a wealth of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭robbiezero

How many settled people get to negotiate with a council about adding stables to their free houses?

alaimacerc wrote: »
    You don't think that Casey actually understands his own talking points, do you? (Not unlike many a poster here, indeed.)

By definition, the traveler community are an ethnic minority. I don't agree with it but recognising that apparently means fcuk all. Casey is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Well for starters they feel like it gives them the right to request stables because they keep horses as it is part of their culture. That is where this is all going. They will use their status as an ethnic minority for special treatment paid for by the state. Anyone who doesn't see this is naïve.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Michael D - what a pompous little git.

This is absolutely dreadful..

C'mon Peter Casey!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Will be giving Peter Casey my number 1 vote. All the rest are spoofers.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

alaimacerc wrote: »

By definition, the traveler community are an ethnic minority. I don't agree with it but recognising that apparently means fcuk all. Casey is a joke.

What's next? The Kinahan gang are an ethnic minority?

Why are they fighting one another? Go after Michael D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

mloc123 wrote: »
    The others are backing the wrong horse here. Travellers do not vote...

I agree, the people they rob do.

Well for starters they feel like it gives them the right to request stables because they keep horses as it is part of their culture. That is where this is all going. They will use their status as an ethnic minority for special treatment paid for by the state. Anyone who doesn't see this is naïve.

I'm naive until you can point me to a source the shows being an ethnic minority in Ireland makes them more equal than others

One person head and shoulders above the rest and he's the smallest one there.

So do old people, the disabled and a wealth of others.

Which is a right we all have as citizens should we reach old age. That is equal and fair, unlike claiming minority status.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Which is not related to recognition of their ethnic minority status. How can we tell this is so? Because of the order they happened in, and the impossibility of time travel.

I'm naive until you can point me to a source the shows being an ethnic minority in Ireland makes them more equal than others

Your hero couldn't defend his view. 'THEY GET BENEF....BENE...BENEFITS'....cue richly deserved ridicule.
    Man I enjoyed that.

I just pointed you to a perfectly good example. You even quoted me on it. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,604 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Casey doing very well so far. Will gain more support tonight. Gallagher is useless and MDH is trying his best to hide in plain sight as usual.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    The others are backing the wrong horse here. Travellers do not vote...

actually, a lot of travellers were registered for the 8th amendment vote, being very pro-life, so if anything else will get them to vote its probably someone, who wants to be president of Ireland, targetting them negatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

While I agree somewhat with his comments regarding the traveller community, I find his video regarding MDH dogs to be extremely embarrassing, can't take him seriously after seeing that. Honestly who came up with that, green lit it, produced it and then said yeah, that's good!

I just pointed you to a perfectly good example. You even quoted me on it. ???

I don't think that example proves they are receiving special treatment as a result of being an ethnic minority

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

because you dont understand obviously, if he said it was security concerns, then thats what he was told.
    I didn't see anywhere that the PSNI actually contradicted him, they didn't actually comment on this actual case.
    And why was it misuse? Do you know some specific times the jet may only be used?

No, with respect it appears it is you who doesn't "understand".

Higgins didn't just blurt out an innocuous mistruth, which is what sticking with the security spiel initially would have been, when questioned, after the televised debate, he added legs to the lie, saying it was after liaisons with the PSNI.

And no matter how much you protest, or stick your head in the sand, they did come out and contradict him.

It now seems the story has been changed again (or has it, because I don't know if he answered coherently or honestly any way now) as he mentioned something about time saving, having to be back to meet people, nothing about security now at all.

And as for the "misuse" Higgins himself seemed to agree tonight that a lack of foresight was definitely at play.

Stop trying to polish a turd please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I know the husk is talking, i just cant be bothered to listen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Honestly this is getting boring now.

Might be due to the fact you've nearly 400 posts in here Francie. Take a well earned break maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

McCullagh moderating tonight’s Pres Debate

Wonder if the lad is up to it , hasn’t exactly lit things up on Prime Time.

Lot of eyebrow raising will be the order of the day, I would presume, mixed with a wooden presentation style.

Hope it goes well though.
    has there been a worse presenter ever?

I think you’ll find I predicted it back around 1730.

Regrettably seems I was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I hope the case against Peter Casey is now proved. Not a leg to stand on. Landed on his arse with punch after punch until he was incoherent.

Actually he strenghted his point, without physically grabbing any of them by the collar and shaking them, even though he was obviously angry at their denial(sweeping the truth under the carpet)if I could vote for him twice I would :-)

Not to worry ..... I recieved two polling cards so I’ll be voting for Casey twice ..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

because you dont understand obviously, if he said it was security concerns, then thats what he was told.
    I didn't see anywhere that the PSNI actually contradicted him, they didn't actually comment on this actual case.
    And why was it misuse? Do you know some specific times the jet may only be used?

That is ridiculous, it assumes that Michael D. Higgins can't lie. He is human and a politician, that means he is a practiced liar.

Just because he said it was security concerns doesn't mean he was automatically telling him the truth. It is amazing the way that Higgins supporters fawn over his words and treat him as someone more special than a not-very-good politician.

• Advertisement

they did come out and contradict him.

No, Johnny, gotta keep you honest. 'Sources' in the PSNI contradicted him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement