Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

LNR saying 47k net is the average industrial wage haha my God how out of touch is she

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Casey was far to nervous and bottled it.

He needed to go all in.

Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

LNR saying 47k net is the average industrial wage haha my God how out of touch is she

But there’s different tiers!! I turned off with embarrassment for her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Gallagher: "... people say to me..."

Would ya **** off, nobody says nothing to you, you slap-head ****. Get off the stage, ****in nobody.

I'm running in 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Lads, the issue is dead. Peter got found out, When challenged, as predicted, he couldn't defend his position. When he started blabbering about 'benefits' he got rightly ridiculed for talking ****e.

Dead only to those who want to shut it down from the start, see no evil hear no evil.

Then proceed to call people racists and biggots. We have done this already im afraid, your attempts to shut down the conversation are getting boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Yeah that was very interesting. Is that what all the SF politicians are doing when they say they get the average industrial wage, taking it as net rather than gross?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I think this miscalculation here is that these "Dragon's" are wealthy. Casey is relatively wealthy, the other two are not and not sure they ever have been.

Open to correction.

Where did you get the information from?

riemann wrote: »
    Casey was far to nervous and bottled it.

He needed to go all in.

Sad.

It was a bit hard for him at times, as they were all jumping over themselves to shut him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ni Riada is your typical sinn fein head, absolutely full of s*ite.

she was found out there and thats going to cost her alot of votes, she is spoofer.

higgins will lose alot of votes after tonight too. the pity is nobody is strong enough to challenge him, he will get in by default.

Jeez I’d say there’s been more parties in the Aras than in the playboy mansion!

• Advertisement

Proof? Let's not deal in such absolutes here. Terms like ethnic minority are all about semantics. And that means subtle power. I heard Martin Collins of Pavee Point refer to Casey as a racist the other night on the news. Not prejudiced or intolerant, but racist. I think any Nigerians watching this must have had a good laugh at some Irish white man say that another Irish white man was racist toward his group. That's the kind of claim you can make with ethnic minority status I would say.

So if councils refuse the wishes of travellers and fear being branded a racist as a result, for example, then their minority status is very relevant.

So we're not dealing with proof... okay. We may be wasting our time here then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Calhoun wrote: »
    Dead only to those who want to shut it down from the start, see no evil hear no evil.

Then proceed to call people racists and biggots. We have done this already im afraid, your attempts to shut down the conversation are getting boring.

Were you honestly impressed with him tonight? Regardless of what you think about his comments last week, he just came across as a pure spoofer tonight, with no real substance. Like most of them really.

Freeman is the only one I think actually impressed, while Michael D almost staying out of everything did enough to make sure that he'll get re-elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Klonker wrote: »
    Yeah that was very interesting. Is that what all the SF politicians are doing when they say they get the average industrial wage, taking it as net rather than gross?

They take the full amount, donate x amount to the party and claim their in the same boat as de working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Where did you get the information from?

I suppose it depends on your definition of wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Because he was wrong. Full stop. And normal people are smart enough to see that.

You’re in the minority, Francie. Fact.

I think Joan Freeman is a good person

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Visited my 80 year old grandmother tonight. She asked if I'd be watching the debate tonight. I said I certainly would and asked would she throw an eye on it herself. ''Ah I will love... I think I'll vote for that Mr Casey man, has his head screwed on.''

Nice one, Nanny!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Calhoun wrote: »

I only tried to shut the conversation down after Casey bombed so spectacularly.

It's a non issue tonight, Casey was put back in his nasty box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Do you remember 7 years ago, the presidential debates were brilliant. Martin Mcguinness, Denis Norris, a more youthful Michael D, especially were able to talk regardless of your opinion of them.
    I have just spent the last half hour with this ****e tonight and I've had enough. Michael D have just did one term and left it open for a proper contest.
    As it is he is the only real choice now for me, the rest are very poor. Casey in particular coming off really poorly.

I think Joan Freeman is a good person

I think she's the only one that will change minds and win voters on tonight's performance. Nowhere near enough to challenge anyone, but she's impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You’re in the minority, Francie. Fact.

NSS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Ni Riada is your typical sinn fein head, absolutely full of s*ite.

she was found out there and thats going to cost her alot of votes, she is spoofer.

higgins will lose alot of votes after tonight too. the pity is nobody is strong enough to challenge him, he will get in by default.

Casey is on 54% on the Boards poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Michael D has said about 2 sentences in the last hour.

Casey is on 54% on the Boards poll.

Yeah but you put up a boards poll on whether or not we should bring back hanging or nuke Cavan and you'll probably get a 50% split too.

Were you honestly impressed with him tonight? Regardless of what you think about his comments last week, he just came across as a pure spoofer tonight, with no real substance. Like most of them really.

Freeman is the only one I think actually impressed, while Michael D almost staying out of everything did enough to make sure that he'll get re-elected.

Being brutally honest with you at any other time there is no way i would vote for him, in fact the more i learn about each and every one of them i probably wouldnt vote for anyone.

The reason i am even interested in Casey is because of the way he was attacked by the media and other groups, and because we have a leader of our country who seems to think that its ok to try and tell people how to vote.

I don't for one second believe Casey will get in but i would hope he would get a high enough vote count to send a message to the powers at be.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

So we're not dealing with proof... okay. We may be wasting our time here then.

Proof, like what? You think everything is written in black and white? May be a leaked memo from the oireachtas stating this is government policy. If you do not understand the subtlety of semantics then you are naïve for sure. I am simply warning about what is coming down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

I only tried to shut the conversation down after Casey bombed so spectacularly.

It's a non issue tonight, Casey was put back in his nasty box.

You might get away with less than 100 posts a day on this thread so from here on in so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is Liadh Ni Riadh a bit Milfy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah but you put up a boards poll on whether or not we should bring back hanging or nuke Cavan and you'll probably get a 50% split too.

Maybe if Atari Jaguar isn't an option.

• Advertisement

I think she's the only one that will change minds and win voters on tonight's performance. Nowhere near enough to challenge anyone, but she's impressive.

Might give her my no2 so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement