Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I only tried to shut the conversation down after Casey bombed so spectacularly.

It's a non issue tonight, Casey was put back in his nasty box.

You have been trying it all along, for an old man your fairly well versed in the social justice communication narrative to shut down conversation. Straight out of the usual playbook we see.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Casey is on 54% on the Boards poll.

Because somebody said 'Travellers, something something...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Omackeral wrote: »
    Is Liadh Ni Riadh a bit Milfy?

After you've slaughtered an army of pints, maybe.

MDH basically called "fake news" in his own esoteric manner on Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Sean Gallagher wearing mascara?

• Advertisement

You have to look nice for these things, bit of make up, shine your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Because somebody said 'Travellers, something something...'

You took in more of the counter argument than i expected

Peter Casey talking about the budget and building houses. Still not sure he’s read the job spec.

Calhoun wrote: »
    You have been trying it all along, for an old man your fairly well versed in the social justice communication narrative to shut down conversation. Straight out of the usual playbook we see.

I have discussed this from the start, offered opinion and facts. I got criticised for posting so much and not one post until Casey made a cod of himself tried to shut down anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Casey is not in the media business.
    Many other millionaires are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Probably, and same with everyone else on TV.

Mdh has been almost unheard tonight.

But Casey is strong and will probably come second.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Nice one Peter. Bout time someone mentioned the last Budget doing nothing for the person that gets up in the morning. That get my number 1.

I have discussed this from the start, offered opinion and facts. I got criticised for posting so much and not one post until Casey made a cod of himself tried to shut down anything.

Offered opinions, labelled others in order to discount their argument. Standard playbook we see all the time online.

You don't really want to see the argument others have and as such most of the time people are just digging the head in the sand from the otherside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

It’s going on a bit now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

He accused Casey of fabrication. Nothing esoteric about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

How the hill are those 3 people successful business men?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

I think Joan Freeman is a good person

she is a lovely woman.....sorta like an Irish mammy. good honest woman.

however, she is completely out of her depth in these debates and looks like she is going to cry.

she probably woudl however be a good president, the role is all about being nice though she has no presence and charisma which is guess is crucial.

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Nice one Peter. Bout time someone mentioned the last Budget doing nothing for the person that gets up in the morning. That get my number 1.

Like the President will be doing the Budget.

That's grand and all but he can do precisely **** all about it as President. If he wants to change things politically, he should run for the Dail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That's grand and all but he can do precisely **** all about it as President. If he wants to change things politically, he should run for the Dail.

Still nice to see someone in the public eye call it s it is.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Like the President will be doing the Budget.

Did I say he would be?

He can do precisely f**k all about nothing that I give a **** about as President. But talking about some stuff that I do, will do for me as a start.

Still nice to see someone in the public eye call it s it is.

Nice won't cut it.
    You either want real change or not.
    Casey or any other President can't deliver it.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Offered opinions, labelled others in order to discount their argument. Standard playbook we see all the time online.

You don't really want to see the argument others have and as such most of the time people are just digging the head in the sand from the otherside.

I wasn't continuously labelled and labelled in your own post?

Sorry Calhoun, if you are not self aware enough to know you are contradicting yourself in one short post, then you cannot be helped. Discussion is discussion. Grow a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

elperello wrote: »
    Nice won't cut it.
    You either want real change or not.
    Casey or ant other President can't deliver it.

Oh it is nice.

At least it’s been talked about, that’s a start and further than before he opened his mouth.

Nice one peter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

How the hell are those 3 people successful business men?

I know. It's staggering how weak they are. I think they are making a show of themselves.

It's hard to believe that Sean Gallagher came within an ass's roar of becoming president in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Gallagher: "... people say to me..."

Would ya **** off, nobody says nothing to you, you slap-head ****. Get off the stage, ****in nobody.

I'm running in 2025.

:pac: :pac:

For the first time since I turned 18 I’m actually thinking of not voting. There isn’t one of them who’d inspire you. Casey, while I applaud for his sentiments last week is already starting to piss me off and I couldn’t be looking at the head on him for the next 7 years.
    Micheal D is so inoffensively boring. I was only a sprog when they were in office, but I remember McAleese and Robinson doing something with their position. Higgins is being paid a fortune to prance up and down the halls of the Aras reciting poetry.
    The whole thing would depress you.

Did I say he would be?

He can't help you, see above.

He can do precisely f**k all about nothing that I give a **** about as President. But talking about some stuff that I do, will do for me as a start.

Well if that's the case, get one of them to start talking about free Fortnite V-Bucks for everyone or Kim Khardasian and they'll be a shoe-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Grim watching, trying to get tiny wins based on underhanded remarks to get to 12.5% and get their campaign money refunded.

There is only one presidential candidate on that podium and he’s the one currently in office.

When then only thing the competition can bemoan about is the use of a Jet once in 7 years and the fact that he hasn’t disclosed his expenses (the same as everyone else since 1938) you know you’re doing a good job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement