Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Apparently online polls of loudmouth racists are scientific, now.

I suppose they're exactly the type of "science" you'd expect supporters of the racist Neanderthal Casey to believe.

How is he racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Michael D is far too old to be going for another seven years, think of what his mobility equipment and his home help is going to cost in a few years. On the other hand if we stick him in again it will be one less pension to pay him.

I would say he got too big for his boots turning up at the airport expecting to be flown to Belfast but then again he is very small so his boots will be about size 4 anyway. I cant get over the arrogance of someone protesting about travellers disadvantage taking a Government jet to a lecture in Belfast, seriously how arrogant do you have to be that you think your input at some talking shop is important enough to spend three grand of taxpayers money to get you there. He could have got free travel into town and got the train or got the Aircoach to Belfast, this Aircoach is ten euros return. Its not like he was in any hurry to get back.

What was the story with the hotel room in Switzerland costing three grand a night, I know he said he didnt book it but the hotel rates are always displayed on the door of the room so he would have known what the rate was. Public Servants arent supposed to book luxury accommodation so how can the first citizen do this, does no one query expenditure in the ARAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tom1ie wrote: »
    Why? Do you pay tax? If the answer is no, well then fine of course your not going to be happy about what he says.
    If the answer is yes, why are you against his calls for better public use of the tax you contribute?

I pay a lot of tax thank you very much. Casey has no answers. He is just a loudmouth spouting what he thinks will get him votes. Unfortunately there are enough idiots willing to fall for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Benzino wrote: »
    You quoted my post about the video :confused: I never mentioned he ran his Twitter account, don't know why your are bringing that up so.

By the way, of course he supports it, it's on his official, verified Twitter account. Plus somebody had to pay for it. Unless of course he has no knowledge or control over what his team posts, which would be more concerning.

You stuck up a video from his Twitter (it's literally a Twitter link you posted), which he has stated on national TV he didn't run or use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

The butthurt here when somebody interrupts the racist circle jerk is hilarious.

Stormfront must be wondering where all its posters have gone!

"Heil Casey!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Casey had a chance to bring together the right-wing kneejerk, prone to the jackboot elements of FG FF and those disaffected and angry and I think his bungling incoherence has blown it. Or maybe that is what is required to lead a disparate rabble like that? Boris for example.

If you want to talk about extremism. It was Michael D who entertained a bank robber and killer in his home.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The world would be a much better place if we just let white, Christians, who get up in the morning run it eh... except we tried that.
    It didn't work out so well for millions of people.

And by the way - there are white, Christians who view women in the way you described (it used to be the norm in Western society until you know, Feminism...) and have a tendency towards violence but they aren't "terrorists" no surry bob... they are "lone wolves with mental health issues".

I'm fairly sure who ever planted the bombs in Warrington and Omagh were white, Irish, Christians from the settled community.

:eek:
    This thread has descended into nonsense.

You stuck up a video from his Twitter (it's literally a Twitter link you posted), which he has stated on national TV he didn't run or use.

it is his verified twitter account. If he decided to hand it over to somebody else that doesnt absolve him of responsibility for what is posted.

I pay a lot of tax thank you very much. Casey has no answers. He is just a loudmouth spouting what he thinks will get him votes. Unfortunately there are enough idiots willing to fall for that.

Good so you pay plenty of tax as do I. Do you not care about value for money and the services you receive which are paid for by your tax?
    Money being wasted is rife in this country all the while people who work pay over half their wages towards this wastage, and your ok with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Casey gave a % tax that he pays. The loudmouth spouting what they think will get them votes was surely the SF candidate on the "average wage".

• Advertisement

Casey isnt racist, he probably came from a poor background himself and he made the most of chances given and made a good life for himself.

He like most normal people cant understand parents pushing their daughters to marry first cousins as soon as the child benefit payment stops.

He cant understand either why there are so many people on welfare payments when there are plenty of jobs available. The only way welfare people will seek a job is when they can earn more than all individual welfare payments combined. So we up the minimum wage and we get rid of FIS and back to school allowance and free medical cards and all the other benefits people get than working people dont qualify for.

This is the point Peter Casey was making, now do we let travellers continue on living on the margins and refusing to obey the rules we all live by or do we as a result of the support Peter Casey has got finally shove the Government into action to deal with this part of our community.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

:eek:
    This thread has descended into nonsense.

This thread has been nonsense from the beginning.
    A circle jerk echo chamber ranting that ALL Travellers are drunken scumbags who do nothing but live off the State on other people's property and interbreed and fight and they want rights Ted - fecking RIGHTS. Where are MY rights Ted. I get up in the morning Ted. And did we mention Welfare Ted? SPONGERS Ted... and now we have Muslims Ted. TERRORISTS Ted.

But Peter Casey - he'll put it up 'em Ted. Oh yes. He'll drive 'em into the sea like that golf ball - the one the tree hugging, lefty, PC, Liberal, snowflakes were complaining about.
    The man in the street is fed up of being told where we can drive our golf balls Ted. WE GET UP EARLY - WE CAN DRIVE OUR FECKING BALLS WHERE WE FECKING LIKE! Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

There are problems within the traveller community and their interaction with settled community, but these problems will not be sorted by presidential candidates whipping up hatred and division.

It is a dangerous strategy but thankfully it will get very little traction in Ireland. I hope.

There is a difference between people expressing personal opinions, believe me I have had plenty of conversations with people where I complained about the issues expressed on this thread.

That is not PC gone mad, it is how modern civilised societies function. This idea of the hard man politician that is going to sort things out is a load of nonsense and doesn't work anywhere in the long run.

Europe became prosperous after WW2 because co-operation and mutual respect were promoted. It was nice while it lasted.

I was appalled that a presidential candidate started this type of talk, at a national level. That is not helpful in the long run, and will only be counterproductive.

Traveller ethnicity is not a problem, there are of course other issue which are.

Good so you pay plenty of tax as do I. Do you not care about value for money and the services you receive which are paid for by your tax?
    Money being wasted is rife in this country all the while people who work pay over half their wages towards this wastage, and your ok with that?

Are you really that dense to think i am happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Amazing that there has been no new poll published and the election is less than 48 hours away.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

And where did I say he ran the account?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    This thread has been nonsense from the beginning.
    A circle jerk echo chamber ranting that ALL Travellers are drunken scumbags who do nothing but live off the State on other people's property and interbreed and fight and they want rights Ted - fecking RIGHTS. Where are MY rights Ted. I get up in the morning Ted. And did we mention Welfare Ted? SPONGERS Ted... and now we have Muslims Ted. TERRORISTS Ted.

But Peter Casey - he'll put it up 'em Ted. Oh yes. He'll drive 'em into the sea like that golf ball - the one the tree hugging, lefty, PC, Liberal, snowflakes were complaining about.
    The man in the street is fed up of being told where we can drive our golf balls Ted. WE GET UP EARLY - WE CAN DRIVE OUR FECKING BALLS WHERE WE FECKING LIKE! Ted.

Really inane post.

The poster has never met a traveller and doesnt have a halting site in her area.

If she is okay with her taxes going to fix wanton vandalism caused by travellers, eg thousand of euros worth of damage to electricity equipment so traveller can steal a bit of copper then I suggest he or she contact revenue and offer to pay more tax.

The people who are bitter about paying tax to support able bodied people who are officially on the dole but doing cash jobs in hand can have a refund ifthe SJWS are willing to pay more.

The SJWs who are happy with uncontrolled immigration of people who dont belong in western civilised society and who never will belong can put up their hands and house these people in their own homes. I . mean put your money where your mouth is. The rest of us are looking at whats happening in Spain and Greece and Italy and we think there is a huge problem with admitting boat loads of males with no education and no skills. We have enough people living off the state already and we dont have the resources to house and maintain hordes from Noth Africa. This isnt racist and its nothing to do with skin colour, we simply cant absorb the huge numbers that want to come to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Benzino wrote: »
    And where did I say he ran the account?

Just a genuine query.

Those Twitter ads, the dogs one and the one with MDH disappearing.

Are they really Casey campaign ads or was he hacked?

Can you post a link to the twitter ads.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Amazing that there has been no new poll published and the election is less than 48 hours away.

I’ve a feeling there won’t be one either which is quite telling in itself.

• Advertisement

tretorn wrote: »
    Can you post a link to the twitter ads.

I'll try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

tretorn wrote: »
    Really inane post.

The poster has never met a traveller and doesnt have a halting site in her area.

If she is okay with her taxes going to fix wanton vandalism caused by travellers, eg thousand of euros worth of damage to electricity equipment so traveller can steal a bit of copper then I suggest he or she contact revenue and offer to pay more tax.

The people who are bitter about paying tax to support able bodied people who are officially on the dole but doing cash jobs in hand can have a refund ifthe SJWS are willing to pay more.

The SJWs who are happy with uncontrolled immigration of people who dont belong in western civilised society and who never will belong can put up their hands and house these people in their own homes. I . mean put your money where your mouth is. The rest of us are looking at whats happening in Spain and Greece and Italy and we think there is a huge problem with admitting boat loads of males with no education and no skills. We have enough people living off the state already and we dont have the resources to house and maintain hordes from Noth Africa. This is racist and its everything to do with skin colour, we simply cant absorb the huge numbers that want to come to Europe.

Fixed part of your racist rant.

it would take some amount of Andrex to clean up that pile of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

elperello wrote: »
    Just a genuine query.

Well they have been on his official twitter account for days and havent been taken down....so what do you think?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If you want to talk about extremism. It was Michael D who entertained a bank robber and killer in his home.

Not to mention the alleged daughter rapist Ortega he invited into his home. I say, alleged, because he invoked his immunity as a member of congress to stop it from going to trial, so we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just a genuine query.

It has not been hacked as it reiterats his views. He might not run it himself, but somebody on his team is. It would be the most pointless hacking ever ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Fuck me, what sort of moron wrote that article? joe.ie is really the worst
    joke.ie wrote:
    Peter Casey is coming in for a lot of criticism today.
    Presidential candidate Peter Casey has been slammed by all five of his presidential opponents for remarks he made about Ireland's travelling community on an Indepedent.ie podcast.

Now, the businessman is being lambasted for his latest campaign ad, published on Twitter, that features a shrinking Michael D. Higgins.

I can write an article like that
    Peter Casey is coming in for a lot of praise today for calling for equality in Irish Society. Presidential candidate Peter Casey has made all five of his opponents nervous by remarks he made about Ireland's travelling community on an Indepedent.ie podcast.

Now, the businessman is being celebrated for his latest campaign ad, published on Twitter, that features a shrinking Michael D. Higgins.

• Advertisement

JMNolan wrote: »
    Fuck me, what sort of moron wrote that article? joe.ie is really the worst

I can write an article like that

I'm sure you could write an article like that.
    No offence intended but I was only using that page to link to the Twitter ad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement