Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    The butthurt here when somebody interrupts the racist circle jerk is hilarious.

Stormfront must be wondering where all its posters have gone!

"Heil Casey!"

I think you got a bad beating with the ‘hyperbole’ stick at some stage,Hiller.

“Racist circle jerk”..."Stormfront”.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

elperello wrote: »
    I'm sure you could write an article like that.
    No offence intended but I was only using that page to link to the Twitter ad.

Ah ya fair enough, sorry about that. I just hate joe.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    This thread has been nonsense from the beginning.
    A circle jerk echo chamber ranting that ALL Travellers are drunken scumbags who do nothing but live off the State on other people's property and interbreed and fight and they want rights Ted - fecking RIGHTS. Where are MY rights Ted. I get up in the morning Ted. And did we mention Welfare Ted? SPONGERS Ted... and now we have Muslims Ted. TERRORISTS Ted.

But Peter Casey - he'll put it up 'em Ted. Oh yes. He'll drive 'em into the sea like that golf ball - the one the tree hugging, lefty, PC, Liberal, snowflakes were complaining about.
    The man in the street is fed up of being told where we can drive our golf balls Ted. WE GET UP EARLY - WE CAN DRIVE OUR FECKING BALLS WHERE WE FECKING LIKE! Ted.

That is a load of rubbish. When people are losing arguments, they resort to calling others names and posting like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You're still trying to rationalise and justify racism.

That's what racists have done throughout history.

Good luck with that.

Explain exactly what was racist about my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The Presidential position doesn't matter until it does. At a time of constitutional crisis it could be absolutely vital that we have in place a level headed person of complete integrity who understands the constitution and is willing and able to take all of the advice available to him.

That makes Freeman or Ni Riada the best candidates in all honesty. Michael D has come across as a liar, let's be blunt about it. Well spoken and with a great grasp of the constitution no doubt, but he hasn't come across as a man of integrity throughout this process. Casey is onto something but I'd wonder about his bona fides when it came to the crunch. The dragon collective are shysters.

I don't really want to vote for any of them so I don't know. MDH will probably sail in and that will be that, but this campaign has certainly sullied his legacy.
    Level headed, and then you recommend the anti-vaxxer and the one who thinks Knock cured her eczema. Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

gmisk wrote: »
    Well they have been on his official twitter account for days and havent been taken down....so what do you think?:D

I think it's a bit crazy if they are genuine.
    You suggest that there are people in his campaign who think that kind of crazy is a good idea.
    What are they thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    If you want to talk about extremism. It was Michael D who entertained a bank robber and killer in his home.

Killer and bank robber? What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Killer and bank robber? What's that about?

His good friend Daniel Ortega. No one has shone a light into that dark corner of his past.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Saw that earlier. Astonishing that it took so long for it to surface given the sustained criticism he's faced since last week.
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    Level headed, and then you recommend the anti-vaxxer and the one who thinks Knock cured her eczema. Jaysus.

Also isn't the constitutional issue a moot point given the history?

We had such a constitutional crisis before and President O'Dalaigh saw no choice but to resign after a campaign of abuse from the government when he referred their bill to the Supreme Court. Has any president referred a bill to the SC since?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Yous just don’t get it.

We know he isn’t getting in, we care that he finally spoke the truth about issues that all our elected representatives are afraid to say.

This trying to discredit him is embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Yous just don’t get it.

We know he isn’t getting in, we care that he finally spoke the truth about issues that all our elected representatives are afraid to say.

It’s been explained to that poster before. Very hard of understanding. Must be terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Saw that earlier. Astonishing that it took so long for it to surface given the sustained criticism he's faced since last week.

Also isn't the constitutional issue a moot point given the history?

We had such a constitutional crisis before and President O'Dalaigh saw no choice but to resign after a campaign of abuse from the government when he referred their bill to the Supreme Court. Has any president referred a bill to the SC since?

there have been 10 Article 26 referrals since O Dalaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I suppose they're exactly the type of "science" you'd expect supporters of the racist Neanderthal Casey to believe.

Ah you're back and you still haven't answered my question, quelle surprise!

One last time and then I can write you off as nothing more than an ignorant pathetic child throwing their toys out of the pram;

Quote one racist thing that Peter Casey said. Don't ask me to look it up. You made the claim, you back it up. Go on there. If he's so racist, it should be easy. One thing he said.

Interesting. Is Casey still a Brexiteer then? How many here would vote for him if he still was?

Yous just don’t get it.

How is quoting what he has said an attempt to discredit him? If what he has said discredits him then that is entirely down to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Given how nervous many people are about Brexit, this getting an airing could put much of any gains he's seen into reverse.

We saw a glimpse of his current Brexit stance last night when he said that Germany will assure the Brits will get a deal (because of 60bn exports) when the evidence strongly suggests this is not the case.

I'll make it simple for you. Vilifying the entirety of an ethnic group while simultaneously denying the existence of said ethnic group is categorically racist.

Also, denying that our Taoiseach is Irish on the basis of his skin colour and because one of his parents comes from India is categorically racist.

So much racism, so much attempted rationalisation on the part of racist simpletons.

This thread is like an echo chamber in a lunatic asylum.

It's like a load of Mick The Bulls from The Savage Eye, except that instead of dementedly shrieking "the problem with this country is the quares" they're substituting in the K word.

My word you are... hmmmmm... I better not. Some cheek calling anyone a Neanderthal though. You honestly must hear what you want to hear or else you're on the wind up. I don't know which is sadder. Jesus wept indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

A circle jerk echo chamber ranting that ALL Travellers are drunken scumbags who do nothing but live off the State on other people's property and interbreed and fight and they want rights Ted - fecking RIGHTS. Where are MY rights Ted. I get up in the morning Ted. And did we mention Welfare Ted? SPONGERS Ted... and now we have Muslims Ted. TERRORISTS Ted.

But Peter Casey - he'll put it up 'em Ted. Oh yes. He'll drive 'em into the sea like that golf ball - the one the tree hugging, lefty, PC, Liberal, snowflakes were complaining about.
    The man in the street is fed up of being told where we can drive our golf balls Ted. WE GET UP EARLY - WE CAN DRIVE OUR FECKING BALLS WHERE WE FECKING LIKE! Ted.

I think you made need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

His good friend Daniel Ortega. No one has shone a light into that dark corner of his past.
    Thats been pretty well talked about, maybe have a look online?
    When was the last time they met face to face? I think "good friend" is a stretch.

Anyway Daniel Ortega (and the FSLN), are the democratically elected president and party of Nicaragua...so not really sure what the issue is.

Nicaragua was previously under the control of the Somoza family, a military dictatorship backed by the US. They were by all accounts brutal.

• Advertisement

How is quoting what he has said an attempt to discredit him? If what he has said discredits him then that is entirely down to him.

Yep. There has been outrage at suggestions that this is the pro-Casey echo chamber, yet in charges Wheeliebin30 to try to shut down this line of argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The man who blocked himself from facing charges of raping his own daughter by using diplomatic immunity.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Any chance I could get a link where he "denied" that Leo is Irish.
    I suppose one can try to rationalise it as not racist.

If one has a predisposition to minimise or outright deny racism, that is.

Poster A asks courteously for a simple link.
    Poster B doesn't provide because they can't.

Rince and repeat. No credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Yep. There has been outrage at suggestions that this is the pro-Casey echo chamber, yet in charges Wheeliebin30 to try to shut down this line of argument.

I’m not trying to shut down anything.

I don’t care about his brexit views.

That’s his personal opinion.

I care he said a lot of things I agree with but none of our elected representatives have the balls to say.

And that’s it lads, it really is as simple as that.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Poster A asks courteously for a simple link.
    Poster B doesn't provide because they can't.

Rince and repeat. No credibility.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/presidential-election-2018/shut-your-trap-casey-tells-indian-leo-varadkar-for-trying-to-impact-poll-37439628.html
    Well he said he was "indian" here no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    Thats been pretty well talked about, maybe have a look online?
    When was the last time they met face to face? I think "good friend" is a stretch.

Anyway Daniel Ortega (and the FSLN), are the democratically elected president and party of Nicaragua...so not really sure what the issue is.

Nicaragua was previously under the control of the Somoza family, a military dictatorship backed by the US. They were by all accounts brutal.

In between the two campaigns, his stepdaughter Zoilamca Narv accused him of repeatedly raping her as a child.

Mr Ortega denied it and avoided trial by invoking his immunity as a member of congress.

Yep, whats the big issue??

Nice emotional rant but one question...

Who is Ted?

I care he said a lot of things I agree with but none of our elected representatives have the balls to say.

How is quoting what he has said an attempt to discredit him?

I think you might in a minority on that one. If he is still a Brexiteer, I don’t want him as our head of state, simple as that, and neither would many others I suspect. He needs to clarify his position IMO.

• Advertisement

In between the two campaigns, his stepdaughter Zoilamca Narv accused him of repeatedly raping her as a child.

Mr Ortega denied it and avoided trial by invoking his immunity as a member of congress.

Yep, whats the big issue??
    The allegations were raised in 1998... and were then withdrawn...and then claimed to be true again...

When was the last time Michael D Higgins met with Ortega? was it after 1998? I cant see any evidence at all of that.

The only quotes I can find are below, all from the 80s.
    Michael D., Irish Times, November 10, 1984, defends Nicaragua, and says the elections that the communists won were fair. He describes Nicaragua as "a pluralist democracy".
    In the Senate, 20 March, 1985, he describes Nicaragua as "a small country that has recently thrown off the shackles of dictatorship ... In every sphere - health, education, welfare, housing - its achievements have been enormous. It is a society which is transforming itself.". He promotes the idea of inviolable state sovereignty: "In international law we have signed covenants that recognise the integrity of national territory, that accept sovereignty. Under international law the belligerence of the statements being made against Nicaragua are outrageous." He asks for "support for this democracy that may not exist should we ignore the challenges which are there to it now ... so that we might save people who have established democracy in the wake of the cruellest dictatorship of the century."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement