Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

gmisk wrote: »

Where does he say Leo isn’t Irish?
    Leo has an Indian background doesn’t he? I think he pointed this out as a measure of Irish people’s level of acceptance did he not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Well they refer to each other as “dear friends” but then again you can’t believe everything Michael D says.

Source? I'm searching but finding no actual source for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Omackeral wrote: »
    Was there a RedSea poll for those elections?
    Well, I'm sure Casey could tell us all about the seabed - he's about as articulate as plankton and in the ocean of political discourse, he occupies a level that's as far down as the Mariana Trench. A real bottom feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

batgoat wrote: »
    Source? I'm searching but finding no actual source for it.

Google is your friend

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

He is in his bollix. He will be doing well to reach the quota for expenses.
    What he loses in expenses he'll more than cover in not paying taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Well, I'm sure Casey could tell us all about the seabed - he's about as articulate as plankton and in the ocean of political discourse, he occupies a level that's as far down as the Mariana Trench. A real bottom feeder.

Someone had to post it....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So what's new in the 'he hates travellers/he doesn't hate travellers' world today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Google is your friend

I'm using Google... Think it's reasonable to ask for a source when nothing is surfacing...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Well when Ortega visited Ireland, he visited in Higgins at home, rather than any official reception. But Mickey probably does that for all visiting dignitaries :rolleyes:
    When was that.....just a few years ago yeah?
    Oh wait....more like the 80s.

Are you actually Declan Ganley?
    https://twitter.com/declanganley/status/1022493167755689985

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

hill16bhoy wrote:
    What he loses in expenses he'll more than cover in not paying taxes.

Similar to most travellers. Does that make your comment racist?

• Advertisement

Lol!:D.
    You are comedy gold! Keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

personal attacks? you must be worried

personal attacks? you must be worried

The irony is strong with this one.

Then again, you certainly wouldn't expect a Casey defender to get irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    When was that.....just a few years ago yeah?
    Oh wait....more like the 80s.

Are you actually Declan Ganley?
    https://twitter.com/declanganley/status/1022493167755689985

So there's a statute of limitations on hosting child-rapist, civilian massacring dictators in your home?? And his 2013 statement that he was his "planned stop in the country on his 12-day tour of Central America was dropped because of scheduling issues."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

*kisses*
    *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Irony heaped on irony..

And I’m betting you don’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,819 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I suppose one can try to rationalise it as not racist.

If one has a predisposition to minimise or outright deny racism, that is.

Again....can we get a link to where he "denied" that Leo is not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

• Registered Users Posts: 32,777 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So there's a statute of limitations on hosting child-rapist, civilian massacring dictators in your home?? And his 2013 statement that he was his "planned stop in the country on his 12-day tour of Central America was dropped because of scheduling issues."
    When you seemingly hosted him in the 80s and the allegation were made in 1998....I am not sure what you hinting at really, i am not sure the statute of limitations is relevant....you are really reaching....be honest with yourself.
    As I already said the statement in 2013 was likely done to avoid embarrassment, you know by being diplomatic like a president should aim to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Again he’s making sense. Maybe the lads on here might tell us how this article is bigoted or racist? In the interest of moving things along?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Rennaws wrote: »
    The more I learn the more I like him.

Same as. There's a whole lot of sense in that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Another reason to vote for him.

7 years is a ridiculously long time to stay in a role regardless of how crap or good you may be at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Joan looks like she has gone through a bush backwards, not a good look for our President I am afraid.

She should have worn a top with a collar, that outfit showing very aged skin isnt flattering.

Skinny women never age well and women dont mature nicely like men do in spite of spending millions on moisturiser etc. Most men do nothing but shave and their skin is generally good until they are seventy.

Just sayin.

He was never gonna be head of state.

Does it matter? Hes putting himself forward for election to public office. Until he clarifies it or has changed his mind since, he appears to support Brexit, plus he wants to abolish the Euro according to that tweet. He’s welcome to hold both views if he wants, but neither has much support here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

tretorn wrote: »
    Joan looks like she has gone through a bush backwards, not a good look for our President I am afraid.

She should have worn a top with a collar, that outfit showing very aged skin isnt flattering.

Skinny women never age well and women dont mature nicely like men do in spite of spending millions on moisturiser etc. Most men do nothing but shave and their skin is generally good until they are seventy.

Just sayin.

Just try not to the next time you think stuff like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tretorn wrote: »

Just sayin.

Micky D is the spit of George Clooney, that's why he was elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I am, which is exactly why I'm treating the views of Casey sycophants like yourself with all the reasoning and credibility they deserve - absolutely none - because they're views only bigoted idiots in total denial hold.

I do hope the tone of condescension and ridicule is coming across loud and clear.

It's fully intended.

Wah wah wah wah anyone who's view doesn't align with mine is bigoted/racist/fascist. Show me anywhere where I've posted anything racist or bigoted. Anywhere. Nah ya won't because a) you never do when you make BS claims and b) you won't find any as they don't exist.

Here's a few quotes for you to get your head around though.
    Originally Posted by Omackeral View Post

If I heard someone non chalantly just describing any given Traveller as a knacker, they'd be the type of person I'd generally avoid.

I abhor anyone who'll write a child off because of his parents and if any of my mates openly called travellers "knackers" I wouldn't let it slide, I hate that casual slur getting free reign.

I wouldn't discriminate against any singular chap or lady, settled or Traveller. I give everyone, and I mean everyone, the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to.

My heart goes out to any traveller lad or lady who simply wants to just be a normal member of society and get a job or study. Automatically put down before you're even given a shot. Imagine how hard that is.

And most importantly of all

I fcuking DESPISE racists and bigots. If anyone uttered the word n*gger viscously near me, I'd remove myself from their company. If someone casually refers to travellers as knackers, I automatically like them a hell of a lot less. However, I think the reputation that travellers have isn't just made up out of nowhere.

So listen, you feel free to point out any bigotry or racism in any of those quotes. I think you'll find it's the opposite. When buffoons like you throw around the word racist in instances where it's not warranted, you're doing a disservice to victims of actual racism.

When you say sh*t like Heil Casey, you're just being an absolute kunt and there's no two other ways to say it.

So you go ahead, bang your drum about how everyone who doesn't agree with you is Hitler and keep on avoiding sticking up links and quotes when simply asked for them because it is you, sir, that has the major problem.

I personally don't think you'll last much longer on here tbh anyway so it's probably all a moot point.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Another reason to vote for him.

7 years is a ridiculously long time to stay in a role regardless of how crap or good you may be at it.

The presidential term is for seven years and there would need to be a referendum for that to be changed. As with his other comments Casey has only come out with this because he knows he will not be elected and is trying to ensure he gets enough votes to claim his expenses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement