Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Micky D is the spit of George Clooney, that's why he was elected.

Im not seeing that likeness, he looks more like a mini Worzel to me.

If Joan cant look better than that after two hours in the RTE make up studio then she aint going to look good representing us standing beside those gorgeous Italians and Greeks.

I dont know why she should apply for this gig, I know everyone says Pieta house is marvellous but all they seem to do is fundraise and get people to walk in the Dark so they can pose for selfies. its all a bit pointless, most of the Charities are and too much money is spent on salaries and advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wah wah wah wah anyone who's view doesn't align with mine is bigoted/racist/fascist. Show me anywhere where I've posted anything racist or bigoted. Anywhere. Nah ya won't because a) you never do when you make BS claims and b) you won't find any as they don't exist.

Here's a few quotes for you to get your head around though.

And most importantly of all

So listen, you feel free to point out any bigotry or racism in any of those quotes. I think you'll find it's the opposite. When buffoons like you throw around the word racist in instances where it's not warranted, you're doing a disservice to victims of actual racism.

When you say sh*t like Heil Casey, you're just being an absolute kunt and there's no two other ways to say it.

So you go ahead, bang your drum about how everyone who doesn't agree with you is Hitler and keep on avoiding sticking up links and quotes when simply asked for them because it is you, sir, that has the major problem.

I personally don't think you'll last much longer on here tbh anyway so it's probably all a moot point.

I think they call the likes of that poster a troll. (That’s being nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    The irony is strong with this one.

Then again, you certainly wouldn't expect a Casey defender to get irony.

Here's your real irony...
    What he loses in expenses he'll more than cover in not paying taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Rennaws wrote: »
    Irony heaped on irony..

And I’m betting you don’t get it
    It ain't my problem if you're unable to figure out the difference between attacking people for having bigoted, neanderthal opinions and attacking people because of their ethnic background.

Society decided a long time ago that the latter is unacceptable - much as Peter Casey's supporters are unable to deal with this fact.

Attacking and ridiculing bigoted, neanderthal opinions which believe that it's just fine to attack and vilify people based on their ethnic background, as Casey plainly does, is very much to be encouraged.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Fools don't have the right to spout racist rot unchallenged. The belief that they do is the single idea (and even having one idea is a tough "intellectual" stretch for Casey sycophants) behind the neanderthal right-wing ideology that has infested this thread like a cancer.

Casey backers should at least have the honesty to own their ignorant bigotry.

But of course in the real world that stuff doesn't wash.

It goes back to what Casey supporters know about the real world.

And that, demonstrably, is ZERO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭Allinall

tretorn wrote: »

If Joan cant look better than that after two hours in the RTE make up studio then she aint going to look good representing us standing beside those gorgeous Italians and Greeks.

I dont know why she should apply for this gig, I know everyone says Pieta house is marvellous but all they seem to do is fundraise and get people to walk in the Dark so they can pose for selfies. its all a bit pointless, most of the Charities are and too much money is spent on salaries and advertising.

What a childish post.

Thankfully only grownups are allowed vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Stop with the misogyny and go read up on Pieta House.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The presidential term is for seven years and there would need to be a referendum for that to be changed. As with his other comments Casey has only come out with this because he knows he will not be elected and is trying to ensure he gets enough votes to claim his expenses.

Or, someone could resign 5 years in.

However, the referendum part, what better way to float the idea and get the ball rolling?

From the IrishTimes

Peter Casey defended his comments on the Travelling community saying that everyone should be treated equally and that the State should not discriminate against anybody. “When I see something wrong I call it out.”

The State cannot forget the people who are working, he added in response to a question about an article he wrote last weekend in which he said Ireland was in danger of becoming a welfare state.

What. A. Monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

For all those claiming Casey and his supporters are bigots and racists lets put what he is saying in simple terms

Irish person (non Traveller)
    Does not send kids to school = social services etc get involved
    Irish person (Traveller)

Does not send kids to school = no action taken

Dump your rubbish outside your house or on the side of the road = Garda show up and a big fine

Irish person (Traveller)

Dump your rubbish outside your house or on the side of the road = Blind eye turned

Dump your rubbish outside your house or on the side of the road = Garda show up and a big fine

Irish person (Traveller)

Dump your rubbish outside your house or on the side of the road = Blind eye turned

Irish person (Traveller)

Carry out illegal activity from your home = Home raided etc etc

Irish person (Traveller)
    Carry out illegal activity from your home = Guards will not get involved

Build a house/park a caravan on land without permission = house demolished etc

Irish person (Traveller)
    Build a house/park a caravan on land without permission = no consequences

We should have equal treatment for all citizens, they should not be above the law

tom1ie wrote: »
    I think they call the likes of that poster a troll. (That’s being nice)

You're probably right Tom, time to put them on ignore I think.

• Advertisement

It ain't my problem if you're unable to figure out the difference between attacking people for having bigoted, neanderthal opinions and attacking people because of their ethnic background.

Society decided a long time ago that the latter is unacceptable - much as Peter Casey's supporters are unable to deal with this fact.

Attacking and ridiculing bigoted, neanderthal opinions which believe that it's just fine to attack and vilify people based on their ethnic background, as Casey plainly does, is very much to be encouraged.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Fools don't have the right to spout racist rot unchallenged. The belief that they do is the single idea (and even having one idea is a tough "intellectual" stretch for Casey sycophants) behind the neanderthal right-wing ideology that has infested this thread like a cancer.

Casey backers should at least have the honesty to own their ignorant bigotry.

But of course in the real world that stuff doesn't wash.

It goes back to what Casey supporters know about the real world.

And that, demonstrably, is ZERO.

Your a racist against Neanderthals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Wah wah wah wah anyone who's view doesn't align with mine is bigoted/racist/fascist. Show me anywhere where I've posted anything racist or bigoted. Anywhere. Nah ya won't because a) you never do when you make BS claims and b) you won't find any as they don't exist.

Here's a few quotes for you to get your head around though.

And most importantly of all

So listen, you feel free to point out any bigotry or racism in any of those quotes. I think you'll find it's the opposite. When buffoons like you throw around the word racist in instances where it's not warranted, you're doing a disservice to victims of actual racism.

When you say sh*t like Heil Casey, you're just being an absolute kunt and there's no two other ways to say it.

So you go ahead, bang your drum about how everyone who doesn't agree with you is Hitler and keep on avoiding sticking up links and quotes when simply asked for them because it is you, sir, that has the major problem.

I personally don't think you'll last much longer on here tbh anyway so it's probably all a moot point.

The only people I call racists are those who engage in and/or attempt to rationalise or minimise racism.

You've comfortably included yourself in that category along with many others here.

Not surprising that you're now attempting to censor me.

People with far right opinions have never been very big on free speech.

Racist circle jerks must not be disturbed!

You're probably right Tom, time to put them on ignore I think.

Ah it is entertaining though.
    I think he honestly believes that we are the racist bigots, while we are backing a candidate who has called for equality and the chamioning of the working person!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

elperello wrote: »

Joe.ie is the most extreme left wing website in this country. even something remotely non-pc is blown up to be the next coming of Hitler by then. there is no bit of balance, fairness or willingness to discuss the views of the wider public on any topics that are remotely controversial like this one.

casey not liking the travellers and saying the workers got screwed over in the Budget, is music to their ears.....they proabably have lads in for over time the last week such is their disgust and outrage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Or, someone could resign 5 years in.

However, the referendum part, what better way to float the idea and get the ball rolling?

So why is he only now coming out with this? If he has such strong views about the length of the term of office, why did he not voice them from the start of his campaign?

The only people I call racists are those who engage in and/or attempt to rationalise or minimise racism.

You've comfortably included yourself in that category along with many others here.

What are circle jerks? Are they cousins of Neanderthals? Are you racist and bigoted against them too?

It ain't my problem

It is.
    Neanderthal opinions which believe that it's just fine to attack and vilify people based on their ethnic background, as Casey plainly does, is very much to be encouraged.

Wrong. Just incorrect.
    From Peter Casey

''Everyone should be treated equally and that the State should not discriminate against anybody.''

There it is. In black and white (Jeez I hope I'm allowed to use that expression)

• Omackeral wrote: »
    There it is. In black and white

What disgusting racism /sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Racist Circle Jerks. There's my next band name sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Joe.ie is the most extreme left wing website in this country. even something remotely non-pc is blown up to be the next coming of Hitler by then. there is no bit of balance, fairness or willingness to discuss the views of the wider public on any topics that are remotely controversial like this one.

casey not liking the travellers and saying the workers got screwed over in the Budget, is music to their ears.....they proabably have lads in for over time the last week such is their disgust and outrage.

I already posted that I only used that link to link to the Twitter ad.

If it makes any difference I'm happy to disown any content on JOE.IE

Sorry for any confusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

people killed by fascism: 25 million

people killed by communism: 100 million

people lifted out of poverty since 1990 by capitalism: 1 billion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think the traveller stance is a good thing, but I'm worried about his Brexit support. I wouldn't want to elect a President and he then starts talking about Irexit all the time. Anyone know his stance on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

tom1ie wrote: »
    Your a racist against Neanderthals.

Damn Dutch!

Point out one quote. One.

Nah just pointing out lies. Say what you want, you just keep tying yourself up in more knots anyway.

I'm massively far right yeah. That's why I voted for SSM. That's why I wanted the 8th repealed. That's why I'm currently learning a foreign language. That's why I literally said in the last post responding to you that I... and I'll say this slowly.... That I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE RACISTS AND BIGOTS. As an a side, I find it's the far left who look to shout down dissenters these days.

This weird sexual language says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else. You sound positively, erm, excited. Odd and unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Really inane post.

The poster has never met a traveller and doesnt have a halting site in her area.

If she is okay with her taxes going to fix wanton vandalism caused by travellers, eg thousand of euros worth of damage to electricity equipment so traveller can steal a bit of copper then I suggest he or she contact revenue and offer to pay more tax.

The people who are bitter about paying tax to support able bodied people who are officially on the dole but doing cash jobs in hand can have a refund ifthe SJWS are willing to pay more.

The SJWs who are happy with uncontrolled immigration of people who dont belong in western civilised society and who never will belong can put up their hands and house these people in their own homes. I . mean put your money where your mouth is. The rest of us are looking at whats happening in Spain and Greece and Italy and we think there is a huge problem with admitting boat loads of males with no education and no skills. We have enough people living off the state already and we dont have the resources to house and maintain hordes from Noth Africa. This isnt racist and its nothing to do with skin colour, we simply cant absorb the huge numbers that want to come to Europe.

Really inane post containing pure and inaccurate speculation about someone you know exactly nothing about combined with yet another rant about people you don't like/want.

Did someone rattle your snow white feathers little broflake?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is a load of rubbish. When people are losing arguments, they resort to calling others names and posting like this.

Or responding with post like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Paddy Power odds on PC now

20/1 win

7/4 W/O MDH

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Do you make any distinction between brutal right wing dictators and brutal left wing dictators?
    How about free speech to holocaust deniers? Should they be censored?

Is it enough to shut down all debate by shouting labels like fascist or racist?
    Are some subjects too taboo to discuss even from a rights based liberal perspective such as domestic violence, homophobia and child sexual abuse in the traveling community?
    Which rights come out on top when two rights compete? The protection of the culture of an ethic minority or the protection of vulnerable groups within that minority?

It’s easy to stifle debate with lazy slogans like racist, fascist, circle jerk etc. Very puerile and adds nothing to the debate.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Paddy power have Casey as second fav now.

It will still be Higgins, but if the trend continues it won't be the walkover envisaged.

Possibly will see a second or third count before he gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gmisk wrote: »
    When you seemingly hosted him in the 80s and the allegation were made in 1998....I am not sure what you hinting at really, i am not sure the statute of limitations is relevant....you are really reaching....be honest with yourself.
    As I already said the statement in 2013 was likely done to avoid embarrassment, you know by being diplomatic like a president should aim to be.

So why put it on the itinerary in the first place?? :confused::confused:

Higgins couldn't lie straight in a bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement