Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ni Riada on today fm now calling for open borders.

Saying we all need to embrace multiculturalism.

Typical Sinn Fein leftie nonsense.

It's amazing how detached they are from the average thinking on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

elperello wrote: »
    Stop with the misogyny and go read up on Pieta House.

Will I go read up on Console too.

Poor Paul Kelly, where is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

tretorn wrote: »
    Will I go read up on Console too.

Poor Paul Kelly, where is he now?

Aaah...Poor Paul.....well liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

BoneIdol wrote: »
    If I go through your post history will you be raising similar concerns about the environment from the business world, or genital mutilation in the USA or the wearing of the habit in the Catholic Church? Or are you one of these "not a racist" lads that only seems to take umbrdge with social problems when they relate to other ethnicities?

Yes, you will find that I am on record against male genital mutilation as practiced by certain religions, you will also find me having condemned sectarian practices in Northern Ireland and I am well known to vote Green, despite being regularly condemned as right-wing.

As I said, if you find certain cultural practices of religions, ethnic minorities, nations or others to be unacceptable, it is not racist or sectarian or sexist to call them out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I can just see Casey's team now, brainstorming all the touchstones for the angry.

5 year term for the President now because it will save money and elections held the same day as the local elections.

All aboard the latest bandwagon. I can't keep up, he is changing Ireland so much. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, you will find that I am on record against male genital mutilation as practiced by certain religions, you will also find me having condemned sectarian practices in Northern Ireland and I am well known to vote Green, despite being regularly condemned as right-wing.

As I said, if you find certain cultural practices of religions, ethnic minorities, nations or others to be unacceptable, it is not racist or sectarian or sexist to call them out on it.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

The irish mirror headline
    Irish presidential election 2018 betting odds as Peter Casey moves into second favourite despite Travellers comments

Despite or Because of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

There is no comparison between male circumcision and female mutilation. There is never a reason for female genital multilation other than raising the value of a child for male purposes.
    Every right thinking society has to prevent this procedure even if it insults the minority who practice it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

There is no comparison between male circumcision and female mutilation. There is never a reason for female genital multilation other than raising the value of a child for male purposes.
    Every right thinking society has to prevent this procedure even if it insults the minority who practice it.

Absolutely but no baby should have any sort of cosmetic surgery carried out either even if it offends the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I can just see Casey's team now, brainstorming all the touchstones for the angry.

5 year term for the President now because it will save money and elections held the same day as the local elections.

All aboard the latest bandwagon. I can't keep up, he is changing Ireland so much. :D

At least he isn’t promising to publish an account of the spending of public money only after the election. But it will probably never happen. Micky makes promises before elections that he has no intention of keeping such as only serving one term.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ni Riada on today fm now calling for open borders.

Saying we all need to embrace multiculturalism.

Typical Sinn Fein leftie nonsense.
    Angela Ni Riada was it?

Sure Cameron and Merkel told us multiculturalism had failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

NPC wrote: »
    Peter casy is a racist! Like donald trump! I agree with the popular concensus on this.

No he's not.

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Although the Traveller issue needs sorting the bigger issue is the welfare dependent state** and the entitlement culture.

** Not pensioners, carers, disabled etc. Just the "Margaret Cash" types

100%

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Although the Traveller issue needs sorting the bigger issue is the welfare dependent state** and the entitlement culture.

** Not pensioners, carers, disabled etc. Just the "Margaret Cash" types

100%

but comrade Higgins and his ilk love for the prols to be welfare dependant. the more welfare dependence the more the state interfere in the lives of citizens and the bigger the bureaucracy grows.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

There is no reason for male circumcision except for certain medical conditions where other remedies don't work. There is absolutely no reason to carry out male circumcision on babies.

It is really only done for religious or cosmetic reasons.

100%

but comrade Higgins and his ilk love for the prols to be welfare dependant. the more welfare dependence the more the state interfere in the lives of citizens and the bigger the bureaucracy grows.

This is exactly it. The elites seek to take the money we earn and return a small portion of it to us in patronage to encourage our dependence on the state. The largest chunk of our earnings is distributed amongst the elite themselves and special interest groups in thrall to the state.
    The only group to survive unreformed from the crash despite all recommendations even from the Troika has been the legal profession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Casey came across as having a lot of positivity and energy, like he was really enjoying himself, just talking. He wasn't guarding his responses and acting like the others.
    Aragh stop, he comes across as someone on Cocaine and Meth. I wish he was more coherent.

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    At least he isn’t promising to publish an account of the spending of public money only after the election. But it will probably never happen. Micky makes promises before elections that he has no intention of keeping such as only serving one term.

:confused::confused: How would he do that? He hasn't ever been in charge of public money or spent it.

:confused::confused: How would he do that? He hasn't ever been in charge of public money or spent it.

Yet has committed to publishing the accounts for the spending of the €317,000 annual stipend after the election.
    For someone who has 400 plus posts in this thread you don’t appear to have been paying attention.

Yet has committed to publishing the accounts for the spending of the €317,000 annual stipend after the election.
    For someone who has 400 plus posts in this thread you don’t appear to have been paying attention.

I was talking about Casey.

• Advertisement

I was talking about Casey.

I’m not surprised. Everyone is talking about him Francie.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You have posted similar bile a number of times now. Labelling a large group of other posters as racists while failing to actually engage in debate isn't healthy for the discussion.

You have been asked a number of times to produce both the racist statements made by Casey and the racist statements made by posters. You have accused me of being a racist as well, and I would really like to see what I have posted in this thread that you deem racist.

It is not racist to say that the cultural practice of female genital mutilation by African tribes is wrong. It is not racist to say that the cultural practice of covering women's faces by Muslims is wrong.

Similarly, it is not racist to suggest that the cultural practice of withdrawing children from school at young ages and forcing marriage on them by the Traveller community is wrong. Neither is it racist to suggest that the endemic criminality and environmental damage caused by the Traveller community in Ireland today doesn't reflect traditional Traveller cultures of self-reliance on the land and repairing, recycling and trading.

Anything that is a crime or causes actual bodily harm to another, then yes I would agree with you.
    But ordinary cultural practices that are not either if the above, who are you to say what's right or wrong? That's just judging everyone by your own cultural norms.

I’m not surprised. Everyone is talking about him Francie.

'Everyone' mentioned again in relation to Casey. :)

I have said before that I have worked hard to have a cross section of opinion on my social media.
    The unique thing about this election is that nibody seems interested in it at all.

So 'everyone' is clearly a deluded stretch tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

bubblypop wrote: »
    Anything that is a crime or causes actual bodily harm to another, then yes I would agree with you.
    But ordinary cultural practices that are not either if the above, who are you to say what's right or wrong? That's just judging everyone by your own cultural norms.

Pulling a kid out of school early, with resulting poor literacy is wrong. Every day of the week. Morally and socially. Should be criminally wrong too.

'Everyone' mentioned again in relation to Casey. :)

I have said before that I have worked hard to have a cross section of opinion on my social media.
    The unique thing about this election is that nibody seems interested in it at all.

So 'everyone' is clearly a deluded stretch tbh.

Thats a bit of a stretch in fairness Francie, unless youre a hermit, Casey is the talk of the town.

Thats a bit of a stretch in fairness Francie, unless youre a hermit, Casey is the talk of the town.

He isn't really Roger. I was out about around the country the last two days and met a lot of people. Very little talk about the election and zero about all the candidates actually.

He isn't really Roger. I was out about around the country the last two days and met a lot of people. Very little talk about the election and zero about all the candidates actually.

We'll just have to differ, without disbelieving each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

We'll just have to differ, without disbelieving each other!

For someone who has spent as much time in this thread i think he is probably bending the truth allot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I have to say I was expecting my social media to explode what with all my lefty friends and all but only the only people who have commented are a Scottish woman who can't vote and an American (who is naturalised so can vote) - the latter very much views Casey as Trumplite.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    For someone who has spent as much time in this thread i think he is probably bending the truth allot.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement