Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

HE pays no tax in Ireland. He said it himself.

He pays corporation tax here, but as he has only recently moved back permanently, he regular tax is paid in the USA for this year.

Same applies to any and every green card holder. No special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

I believe the normal people who post political opinions are here and were joined by those who seem attracted to threads about travellers or topics veering close to right wing kneejerk opinions. No doubt Casey has stirred it here and in other selected places, but I am genuinely seeing very little comment from the public on my feeds and zero out and about.
    Maybe I am unique.

People would be afraid you would follow them home if they engaged you on the topic :):):) . If I knew you in real life, I would run a mile from engaging you on political topics - I'd be sticking rigidly to Monaghan and Ulster football discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,825 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He pays corporation tax here, but as he has only recently moved back permanently, he regular tax is paid in the USA for this year.

Same applies to any and every green card holder. No special treatment.

= He doesn't pay tax here. Thanks for verifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

hawkelady wrote: »
    What “do” does Higgins have to be at tonight ?? Or is he grooming his bloody mutt !!! He’s a slime bag for dodging this debate. Yates would have made him faint !

Meeting with fans in Bundoran Donegal apparently.

Yep, that's more important than showing up to a debate to discuss your reelection.

(Let's hope he left the jet at Dublin.:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

hawkelady wrote: »
    What “do” does Higgins have to be at tonight ?? Or is he grooming his bloody mutt !!! He’s a slime bag for dodging this debate. Yates would have made him faint !

I doubt it. Yates is a failed politician, failed business man and second tier radio and TV presenter. Mickey would be alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Much more ‘professional’ presentation that the dull RTE offering.

Ni Riadha doing well

Poor Pieta House can’t get a word in

Casey looks like Fr Jack in the middle.

Duffy not convincing

Gallagher fairly combative.

Cooper and Yeates far more hard hitting than Mc Cullagh who as I predicted was out of his depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anything he buys here he is paying VAT on hur dur dur

Jackman25 wrote: »
    People would be afraid you would follow them home if they engaged you on the topic :):):) . If I knew you in real life, I would run a mile from engaging you on political topics - I'd be sticking rigidly to Monaghan and Ulster football discussion.

Maybe you should stop judging people from internet anonymous accounts? Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

LNR inferring sexism again in the panel :rolleyes:

Again, like last night, desperately trying to be relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gallagher doing better tonight.
    Casey knows the law on immigration anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

The shinner doesn't pay tax here either and has a very generous unvouched expense account.

And the shinner keeps saying that her €47k + tens of thousands of unvouched expenses are the same as the average industrial wage!

😂 😂 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Joan means well but what a fog merchant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yates to Duffy..... back stabber in the park :pac:

The shinner doesn't pay tax here either and has a very generous unvouched expense account.

And the shinner keeps saying that her €47k + tens of thousands of unvouched expenses are the same as the average industrial wage!

�� �� ��

Can you prove she doesn't run two offices with those expenses, which is what they are for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Can you prove she doesn't run two offices with those expenses, which is what they are for?

They're unvouched so we'll just take her word for it. And she takes the avg industrial wage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Macdarack wrote: »
    Joan means well but what a fog merchant.

what's a fog merchant?

Silly auld stuff now. The price of a pint of milk FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

busy discussing the price of a litre of milk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Specialun wrote: »
    busy discussing the price of a litre of milk

Think of the farmers

Maybe you should stop judging people from internet anonymous accounts? Just a suggestion.

Why should I?
    I am entitled to suggest that a person with 450 posts on a single thread on the topic might be hard work to discuss political issues with in real life.
    I don't care whether you are or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

�� �� ��

It's more like €220,000+ in unvouched expensives!

Margaret Cash takes €50,000 Ivan. €3000 more than the Shinner.
    Better off on da dole.

Jackman25 wrote: »
    Why should I?
    I am entitled to suggest that a person with 450 posts on a single thread on the topic might be hard work to discuss political issues with in real life.
    I don't care whether you are or not.

Just the same way Casey is entitled to talk nonsense to and make things up?

Casey: “all you need is 20 meg and 4 bars on your cellphone”. Is this guy for real on the proposed national broadband plan??

[/I]

Jaysus you and Casey should get a room Francie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Casey: “all you need is 20 meg and 4 bars on your cellphone”. Is this guy for real on the proposed national broadband plan??

That’s more than enough. Broadband is so 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Cooper and Yeates far more hard hitting than Mc Cullagh who as I predicted was out of his depth.

Yates yes is a bit of fun, Cooper is just a smarmy character making snarky comments, holier than thou character.

He's probably a step further on this issue than the Govt all the same.

in your opinion. Lots of people agree with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/traveller-families-who-wont-move-into-1-7m-homes-without-land-for-horses-engage-in-mediation-with-council-37454780.html

Update on the story, apparently they aren't giving the houses away and might be open to stabling the horses a couple of kilometers away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement